ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Getting Double Bass to Work on Ion Drums for GHM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sadied0g  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Getting Double Bass to Work on Ion Drums for GHM Reply with quote

I've heard the ions have compatability issues with certain pedals/splitters. So far, the only setup I've heard of that for sure works is the ions with two roadie pedals, and I'm not exactly sure what type of splitter.... but that's what XxBluedevilxX (or w/e) uses for double bass on his ions. Just looking for any other cheaper/better ways of playing double bass, without the retarded problem of not being able to play one when the other is pushed down. Options Plz?
davidshek  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: Getting Double Bass to Work on Ion Drums for GHM Reply with quote

sadied0g wrote:
I've heard the ions have compatability issues with certain pedals/splitters. So far, the only setup I've heard of that for sure works is the ions with two roadie pedals, and I'm not exactly sure what type of splitter.... but that's what XxBluedevilxX (or w/e) uses for double bass on his ions. Just looking for any other cheaper/better ways of playing double bass, without the retarded problem of not being able to play one when the other is pushed down. Options Plz?

You basically have 2 options.

1) Twin Rocker - you can use any pedals with this EXCEPT the Ion stock pedals
2) A real kick trigger, like a Roland KD-8, with a real double pedal, and a Kickbox.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting Double Bass to Work on Ion Drums for GHM Reply with quote

davidshek wrote:

2) A real kick trigger, like a Roland KD-8, with a real double pedal, and a Kickbox.

Which would amount to somewhere between 300 and 400 bucks.
sadied0g  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright thanks for the replies. So the twin rocker option would be to buy the Omega + Twin rocker bundle and use a RB stock pedal (or any other pedal except the ion stock) as the 2nd bass?

Also, if I didn't mind having 2 ion stock pedals, would this work? http://rockbandparts.com/bass_coupler.html or would that have the problem of one not registering while one is pushed down?
ANDRUXA  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will it works with roland kd-9 & double bass pedal?
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadied0g wrote:
Alright thanks for the replies. So the twin rocker option would be to buy the Omega + Twin rocker bundle and use a RB stock pedal (or any other pedal except the ion stock) as the 2nd bass?

Also, if I didn't mind having 2 ion stock pedals, would this work? http://rockbandparts.com/bass_coupler.html or would that have the problem of one not registering while one is pushed down?
Dont recommend the omega if you're serious about X+. The mechanical nature of the trigger brings speed issues (Too quick/fast hits dont register). If kick trigger setup is too expensive, it might be better to use a modified stock pedal (with acrylic/wood/metal instead of plastic pedal). Basically you want magnetic/electronic trigger instead of mechanical for speed and accuracy. Of course the twin rocker limits your speed a bit too, but not nearly as much.
Benster26  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
sadied0g wrote:

Dont recommend the omega if you're serious about X+. The mechanical nature of the trigger brings speed issues (Too quick/fast hits dont register). If kick trigger setup is too expensive, it might be better to use a modified stock pedal (with acrylic/wood/metal instead of plastic pedal). Basically you want magnetic/electronic trigger instead of mechanical for speed and accuracy. Of course the twin rocker limits your speed a bit too, but not nearly as much.

Not sure, but I'm guessing he's made his decision seeing as the post was from 2009!

Back on the 11th!
Pas26  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used stock GH pedals with a kickbox and a splitter. Worked fine until my right pedal died for the 4th time, this time too ahrd to repair.

Kickbox is 60$, GH pedals are what, 30? And a splitter is less than 5.

EDIT: Wow nice necro <_<
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: