ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Jam with the Band

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silly  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Jam with the Band Reply with quote

Jam with the Band (known in Japan as Daigasso! Band Brothers DX) is a music game for the Nintendo DS. It supports over 60 different instruments (up to eight per song) and is played using a combination of timed button pressed and (if playing a guitar part) the touch screen is used to strum. There are four difficulties, each affecting how many buttons you have to use to play (one on the easiest diffiulty, going up to ten on the hardest). It supports up to 8 player multiplayer, as well as having a karaoke mode allowing you to sing along to songs that have lyrics with them. In addition, you can create your own custom songs in the ingame studio, and upload them to Nintendo WFC where you can also download and rate other people's stuff.

Here's a couple of screenshots of the song selection screen, ingame interface, and studio:

I got this game yesterday and after installing a few custom songs on it (for an idea of the things people have created, I was playing the Pokemon GSC Gym Leader music earlier followed a perfect version of the intro from FFX-2) am having an absurd amount of fun with it. Has anyone else played or even heard of it? It was only released in Europe and Japan so I wouldn't expect it, but anyone who owns a DS, has a method of buying/obtaining it, and wants a new and fun rhythm game challenge should look into this.

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
FlannelJacket  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had it on my Acekard for a while, loading custom songs is great, lots of new stuff gets made constantly (as long as you're into Japanese stuff, mostly from Anime anyway.)

Stopped playing it because my L/R buttons on my Lite suck and most of the songs were either too easy or too hard. I guess I didn't spend enough time with it.

<bjw> :U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U
Silly  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My main problem is that I keep getting mixed up with the ABXY buttons due to the DS having them arranged differently to the 360, and I can't fix that by using a PC emu with a 360 controller because no emus will even run the game :/ Which kinda sucks as I was trying to stream it earlier to no avail.

In addition I'm having real trouble getting accustomed to using L/R so I've only been playing on Pro difficulty for the most part, but a lot of the customs I have are still extremely challenging (how on earth is anyone supposed to play 16ths on this game?!)

Still, having an absolute blast.

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: