Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
RockSmith: Authentic Guitar Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
massi4h  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I've just got a couple questions about the game.
Is there any kind of freestyle mode, hopefully with lots of different types of effects?

I was wanting to get back into playing real guitar, but my amp is crap. I have a nice sound system, so I was planning on using this game essentially as a cheap, good amp and also since it's a music game hopefully I'll improve at guitar.
raynebc  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a mode where you can go into a software effects modeling sandbox and just play around to your heart's content. The main problem is that the amount of delay you get from picking the string to hearing the processed sound come out depends on your sound setup. They recommend you plug the console straight into speakers without any effects processing on the speaker end of things.
massi4h  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ok. I'm thinking of waiting for the PC version (since PAL doesn't look like it's coming out any time soon). What is the adapter like? Does it go from the end of your lead into USB, or is it just a USB cable that plugs into your guitar?
raynebc  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a breakaway cable that's 1/4 inch mono on one end and USB on the other.
toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC Version delayed (May 2012?)
CloudFuel  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 DLC packs -

ROCK HITS 1

"Freebird" Lynyrd Skynyrd
"Bodysnatchers" Radiohead
"Tighten Up" The Black Keys

ROCK HITS 1970s

"Smoke on the Water" (Temporarily XBL Only Track) Deep Purple
"More than a Feeling" Boston
"Jessica" The Allman Brothers Band

ROCK HITS 2

"Cousins" Vampire Weekend
"20th Century Boy" T. Rex
"I Hate Everything About You" Three Days Grace

METAL HITS 1

"Symphony of Destruction" Megadeth
"Hangar 18" Megadeth
"Public Enemy No. 1" Megadeth

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CloudFuel PSN Name: Cloud_Fuel Wii Friend Code: 4265622918614549
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got this game for Christmas and played it quite a bit yesterday, so I guess I'll post my thoughts on it.

It seems like a pretty good game so far. It does a good job of adjusting to your ability level (if you already mastered a part, it take about 1 time through the song to go from a note or two a measure to the whole riff. However, it does seem to be more of a game for beginners or someone like me who has played guitar and isn't that good. Pretty varied set list, maybe a little too much modern alternative, but still good. It looks like it will have quite a few sources to help improve your skill in general, like videos, technique exercises, and mini-games. The interface does take a little getting used to (I'm still matching colors with strings), but I will get it eventually. It seems easier to learn than RB's pro mode for someone who is more familiar GH's notation than tab.

Overall, I think this game will go what I was hoping it would: get me to play guitar more than I am and improve my skill.

Overall, 8.5/10. There could be some improvements made, but it could also have turned out a lot worse.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://theherofeed.com/3648/rocksmith-dlc-1227-the-black-keys-singles/

Quote:

This week Ubisoft brings us three tracks from The Black Keys including: “Just Got To Be” from their 2006 album Magic Potion and two tracks from their new album El Camino “Mind Eraser” and “Gold On The Ceiling”.

Unfortunately this marks another inconsistency where there seems to be no “Pack” and instead we are destined to shell out the $9.00 to have all three tracks… Why Ubi why do you do this to us?

CloudFuel  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
http://theherofeed.com/3648/rocksmith-dlc-1227-the-black-keys-singles/

Quote:

This week Ubisoft brings us three tracks from The Black Keys including: “Just Got To Be” from their 2006 album Magic Potion and two tracks from their new album El Camino “Mind Eraser” and “Gold On The Ceiling”.

Unfortunately this marks another inconsistency where there seems to be no “Pack” and instead we are destined to shell out the $9.00 to have all three tracks… Why Ubi why do you do this to us?

Also... why the big obsession with the Black Keys?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CloudFuel PSN Name: Cloud_Fuel Wii Friend Code: 4265622918614549
CloudFuel  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More DLC

“(Don't Fear) The Reaper” Blue Öyster Cult Rock Hits 70s 02 Jan. 17, 2012
“Space Oddity” David Bowie Rock Hits 70s 02 Jan. 17, 2012
“Barracuda” Heart Rock Hits 70s 02 Jan. 17, 2012

raynebc  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, more Rocksmith DLC I actually like. It's just too bad these game companies have a hart time recognizing any Heart song that isn't Barracuda, even though I love the song.
toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CloudFuel  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The patch update for Rocksmith is now available! Put the Rocksmith game disk into your console and make sure you’re plugged into the Internet. You should automatically be prompted with a software update.

1. The user is now able to select ‘Songs’ from the Multiplayer Post Play screen, allowing them to select a new song without having to re-calibrate the guitar each time
2. A fix has been entered to disqualify any Guitarcade Game score that was gotten through exploitation of the Pause Button. A warning message appears on the Pause Screen informing the user that pausing the game again will disqualify their score from the leaderboards
3. The amount of lives that the user has in Riff Repeater has been increased to 30 when selected from Event Manager or Song selection.
4. The user is now able to invoke the precision tuner before quick-tuning in any song or event, excluding multiplayer
5. The user is now able to select their own “Phrase Mastery” level in the Pause Menu of Riff Repeater activities. Completing the phrase on the set level carries that progress into the full song, unless the new phrase level is LOWER than what has actually been achieved naturally
6. The user can now start new songs at a HIGHER phrase level if they are good enough (Level 7 as opposed to Level 5), and they can also level up high-level phrases with fewer correct repetitions
7. A fix has been implemented so that the “Satisfaction” Single Note arrangement can be unlocked for Master Mode
8. A fix has been implemented so that the “Do You Remember” Chord arrangement can be unlocked for Master Mode.
9. Lag Correction will be a new feature in the Options menu to adjust the difference between sound and how fast notes appear
10. General stability improvements to fix crashes

----------

DLC update: we are pleased to announce that on Tuesday, February 7th you will be able to play Pearl Jam on Rocksmith! Like this post if you are excited to play it!

toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://theherofeed.com/3784/rocksmith-dlc-%E2%80%93-207-pearl-jam/

Quote:
The “Pearl Jam (Pack?)” features two songs off Ten, “Jeremy” and “Black”

toymachine  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The dynamic difficulty was changed to assume you're really good until you make a mistake. So if you start a new profile, and only play songs you're perfect on, the game is going to assume you are an expert, and continually have new phrases start at a very high level. The dynamic difficulty heavily relies on the rate of improvement. So when you start a fresh profile, since you already know many songs, even though you level back down, if you still have 3+ songs you know really well and then play them perfectly, it's going to assume you can maintain that type of improvement.
If you make mistakes, then there's no change in how the dynamic difficulty works. It should behave just as it did prepatch.
If you didn't start a new profile, the only difference you should notice is how difficult new songs start. If you continually sightread badly, then sightreading will get easier overtime, but the system needs to learn that.
-Matt

----

We aren't prioritizing experienced guitarists over beginners. The change helped make it easier for experienced guitarists to level up more quickly. If you can, give a little more faith in the dynamic difficulty system. Since you restarted a profile, it's going to be a little tougher if you are playing songs you've already leveled and learned before you reset your profile. It's going to take longer for the system to adjust since it no longer has the history of how long it took for you to get to that point - which is key to the system. Once the system notices that it's constantly giving you too hard stuff, it'll slow down a lot after that point.

---

Badly enough is hard to explain, as the dynamic difficulty system heavily relies on rates of increase and decrease. If you just leave the game on, and level everything down, it won't necessarily 'rejigger' the system, because once you start playing again, it'll see you're leveling everything up really fast, canceling out the huge rate of decrease, since you just gained a huge rate of increase. The 'rejigger' will happen, when you constantly fail without doing well immediately afterwards.

Dynamic Difficulty has changed post-patch

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/659032-Difficulty-post-patch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 11 of 15

Jump to: