Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Vinyl records, anyone?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not much, but it's a start. I'm still waiting for it to arrive. Also, I convinced this1neguy that I know to also purchase a second copy of The Satanic Satanist for me. Thanks a whole fucking bunch, Aaron.

Also, 1337 etc.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregoryZero wrote:
It's not much, but it's a start. I'm still waiting for it to arrive. Also, I convinced this1neguy that I know to also purchase a second copy of The Satanic Satanist for me. Thanks a whole fucking bunch, Aaron.

Also, 1337 etc.

Do you want me to not get it for you or something? o_O I have trouble making purchases, I need to make sure my card will go through and all before I spend a bunch of money on vinyl.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this1neguy wrote:
GregoryZero wrote:

Also, 1337 etc.

Do you want me to not get it for you or something? o_O I have trouble making purchases, I need to make sure my card will go through and all before I spend a bunch of money on vinyl.

Well now. I was quite under the impression that you were going to get it for me. o_0 If you're not buying it for yourself, then don't buy it for me, unless you really want to. Either way, my bad for assuming that.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some classics that arrived in the mail recently:

Black Sabbath - s/t
Accept - Balls to the Wall
Venom - At War With Satan

Very happy.
032 x 12" Vinyl
001 x 10" Vinyl
008 x 7" Vinyl
003 x Hooded Sweatshirt
016 x T-shirt
011 x Patch
028 x Band Pin
snake123  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only own one:(

Proud to say I own;
No Time To Bleed - Suicide Silence on Vinyl, it was limited, I saw it and I was all 'BUYBUYBUYBUYBUY!'
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like vinyl, own probably 700-800 records and just bought a new phono preamp since my new receiver didn't have a phono input .

Most of my vinyl falls into one of two categories:

1) Record that was never reissued digitally (CD or MP3) and I wanted to own it. Got most of these in my "collector phase" several years back.

2) Records that I picked up super cheap or free that I feel are worth keeping but wouldn't pay to upgrade to CD/MP3.

I think the last new vinyl I bought was an early Arcade Fire single that is vinyl-only, a couple years back. I did just get gifted about 30 pieces from my folks though. These days it's mostly CDs and iTunes instead.
newmandn311  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My family got a record player for Christmas. And we decided to go through our old records. And we have:

Van Halen - Van Halen, 1984
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Original Star Wars soundtrack.
Queen - News Of The World.
The Beatles - Hey Jude

I have a lot more but I'm too lazy to list them all
Xtresso  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad has a massive collection of old records, I was just flipping through them to see what kind of music he used to be into We tried to set up our old record player but the amp was broken, now we're thinking about setting up a new one but haven't really taken the time to actually start doing it.

Personally, I have In the Aeroplane Over the Sea because I saw it at HMV and thought it was awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a record player for Christmas, it's kind of beautiful. :P I think my collection is at around 27 records now, and I'm hoping to get it up to around 70 at least by the end of 2011.

Yes, two copies of ITAOTS. Minor mix-up at Christmas, but I didn't mind. And Taylor Swift. Deal with it. :P

Picked this up for $10. I'm pretty sure it's an original, as it was released on Apple. Sounds gorgeous.

My pride and joy so far. Got this in a bundle deal with Abbey Road, this one came out to $15. Not 100% sure, but I think it's a '76 re-issue.

Other albums of note not pictured:
Rush - Moving Pictures
Michael Jackson - Thriller
Led Zeppelin - IV
Van Halen - s/t and VHII
Protest the Hero - Fortress
The Who - Live at Leeds
Eagles - Hotel California

Plus a couple others. Most were impulse buys, as they were only a couple bucks and I liked a couple of songs (Judas Priest - Screaming for Vengeance, Chicago - Greatest Hits, Steve Miller Band - Fly Like an Eagle, Jeff Beck - Blow by Blow (btw, Scatterbrain live from GH5 is leagues better than the album version <_<), etc).

Next on my list is more Beatles, and possibly more Rush haha. On top of 70+ by 2012, I'm also trying to get both of their discographies.
Xtresso  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up a few new records that I thought were pretty awesome

Arsis - Celebration of Guilt

Death - Human

Electric Wizard - Dopethrone

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven

I also picked up some NMH and Mountain Goats stuff and The Courage of Others by Midlake but those aren't as awesome :P

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Complete Fireworks collection (including test presses). Stoked.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't taken picture of every vinyl I have because I am laaaaaaaaaazy but here's some:

Easily my favorite.

They don't make 'em like this anymore.

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road is better. ALSO, STICKERS ON THE JACKET ITSELF, UGH.

Minstrel in the Gallery, no contest!

Still not quite sure I am convinced of the sound fidelity (sounded better the second time I listened to it), but hey, I love the album.

This is what I play them all on. It's spinning Rumours right now, wonderful album, although I don't own the copy of it (my mom does).
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The end of last year and the start of this year has been great for me.

From left to right, front to back: Fuck Your Emotional Bullshit, Pump Fake 7", and I Could Do Whatever I Wanted If I Wanted. My Snowing collection is finally complete. Plus, I Could Do Whatever is fucking green, man

Moving on, these, are the free records that I've gotten form Square of Opposition just from buying two of those three Snowing albums. From front to back: Lick Golden Sky Demo, and The South.

Lastly is this fucking masterpiece: The Milk Box. Everything Jeff intended to release under the Neutral Milk Hotel band name. First, the singles (Left to right: Holland 1945, You've Passed/Where You'll Find Me Now, and Little Birds). Next, the EPs (Left toright: Everything Is, Ferris Wheel on Fire). And finally, the LPs (Left to Right: In the Aeroplane Over the Sea, On Avery Island). Truly a masterpiece.

And finally, the device that gets the job done. A Pioneer PL-990 that we picked up during Christmas for near $100 or so.

Also, the main reason I was actually able to convince my dad to pick up a new record player and even possibly get back into records is because of this and these.

:U

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://deadformat.net/tradelist/EyeWin8

Started about a year ago.

Shvereal proved me wrong by FCing SWTA 1a and 2d without elbow strums. He is the motherfucking shit.
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eyewin8 wrote:
http://deadformat.net/tradelist/EyeWin8

Started about a year ago.

That is some nice shit you have there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 10 of 15

Jump to: