ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Rush: Video of Clockwork Angels album!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RushJunkie3  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Rush: Video of Clockwork Angels album! Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH4OOruuEwE

UPDATE:The album is officially confirmed to release June 12th! It is available for pre-order on amazon here, or you can order a fan pack which includes a 132 page booklet and a Rush poster with your name on it if you pre-order before may 8th (and it only costs a bit more than the album by itself). That is here. The pack also comes with a keyring, and an additional artwork poster. And on top of that, the new single "Headlong Flight" will be released to radio on April 19th, as well as the tour announcement coming on that date. Also, a 30 second teaser video for the album was released today, with a section of Headlong Flight playing in the background.
The cover art was also released, as well as the track listing.
Quote:

Clockwork Angels Track Listing

Caravan
BU2B
Clockwork Angels
The Anarchist
Carnies
Halo Effect
Seven Cities of Gold
The Wreckers
Headlong Flight
BU2B2
Wish Them Well
The Garden

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, been a while since any news has come out regarding the new album. But some news has finally surfaced!

A few weeks back, Amazon and Best Buy listed the album as being set for release on May 29th. Amazon even had it available for pre-order. The best buy listing is gone, but Amazon's is still up, minus the release date.

And earlier this week, another piece of information came through:
RushisaBand wrote:
Roadrunner Records is inviting 120 industry executives and promoters on Tuesday March 27th at 11 AM for a "Lunch and Listen" to the new Rush record. I saw an invite to this through a good friend of mine who is attending it and works for the NY Post. He also told me a single is going to be coming that following Friday so that puts us at the 30th for a new song. ...
I'm fairly confident that the listening party is happening, but whether a full single will also be released that week remains to be seen. For some perspective, the first single from Snakes & Arrows (Far Cry in case you forgot) was released 5 years ago this past Monday on March 12th, 2007 - about 8 weeks before the release of the album on May 1st. Assuming Clockwork Angels does get released on May 29th and the single's release follows the same timeline as Far Cry, then 8 weeks prior to that would put it either in the last week of March or first week of April - so a March 30th date certainly seems plausible.

On top of that, Neil Peart confirmed in an interview that the band will be going on tour in the fall!
RushisaBand wrote:
Regarding the tour, last week Neil Peart confirmed what we had already known - that Rush would be touring in the Fall. As it stands right now, the band is still in the process of routing the tour but dates are finally starting to firm up. Generally speaking, I've been hearing that the band will be hitting dates in the Midwest and Eastern Canada in September-October, and the Southeastern US in October-November. So far I've only heard of 3 firm dates though; one in Bristow, VA on Sunday, September 9th, one planned date at the Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh, PA on Tuesday, September 11th, and another at the Klipsch Music Center in Noblesville, IN planned for Thursday, September 13th. Remember that nothing is official until it's announced by Rush.com though, so don't start booking any flights just yet. Now that some of the shows are firming up, I'm hoping to get some more dates in the near future too.

So probably will be seeing a new single on the 30th, tour in the fall, and the album coming out in late May.

Is anybody else dying with anticipation? The two singles came out in summer of 2010, and the album is not releasing until just before summer of 2012. Oh well. Their tour was amazing, and I'm sure they took extra time to make the album even more amazing than it would have been.

http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2012/03/16/3029/Updates-and-other-random-Rush-stuff

Stays in my signature until another Rush album comes out as DLC.

Last edited by RushJunkie3 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:46 am; edited 7 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LeddyGee2112 PSN Name: LeddyGee2112
RushJunkie3  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE:The album is officially confirmed to release June 12th! It is available for pre-order on amazon here, or you can order a fan pack which includes a 132 page booklet and a Rush poster with your name on it if you pre-order before may 8th (and it only costs a bit more than the album by itself). That is here. Also, the pack also comes with a keyring, and an additional artwork posterAnd on top of that, the new single "Headlong Flight" will be released to radio on April 19th, as well as the tour announcement coming on that date. Also, a 30 second teaser video for the album was released today, with a section of Headlong Flight playing in the background.
The cover art was also released, as well as the track listing.
Quote:

Clockwork Angels Track Listing

Caravan
BU2B
Clockwork Angels
The Anarchist
Carnies
Halo Effect
Seven Cities of Gold
The Wreckers
Headlong Flight
BU2B2
Wish Them Well
The Garden

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LeddyGee2112 PSN Name: LeddyGee2112
RustyWaffle  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't fucking wait for this album. Rush is one of the only bands that has been making music for over 30 years and are still dishing it out like it's nobody's business with no signs of stopping. They haven't aged a bit!

My Drum Covers (Most recent: Muse - Stockholm Syndrome)
ShadoWolf wrote:
HellAshes wrote:
Everyone hates Nihilanth. I enjoyed making that guitar chart. D:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker
RushJunkie3  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www1.rollingstone.com/hearitnow/player/rush.html
Well here we go, Headlong Flight!

Also, tour dates have been leaked and are being updated
Here is a list of them:
http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2012/04/17/3068/Rush-2012-Clockwork-Angels-tour-dates-leaked

blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New song still has the Geddy Lee choir vocals, but Lifeson has been unleashed. Some pretty nice fills from Peart too.
RushJunkie3  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here it is!

RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RushJunkie3 wrote:
And here it is!

And there it goes (thanks WMG). But seriously, this will be a day one buy for me. I've been waiting for some semblance of new music from Rush for a while, and after hearing Caravan and BU2B, I've been pumped for this new album.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
Zman10894  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though this has been out officially for a few days, I still have not been able to get this because of being away for the week

But I'm gonna hopefully pick up a CD of it tomorrow, and from the few tracks I've heard from it, I can't wait even more. I'm also definitely gonna get a vinyl copy when I get the chance. Hell, I might pick up the novelization when it comes out, just because I love any sort of story Rush writes into their songs, let alone albums.

>me being a sad panda for still not being able to go see Rush live

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MrMilksop94
RushJunkie3  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman10894 wrote:
Hell, I might pick up the novelization when it comes out, just because I love any sort of story Rush writes into their songs, let alone albums.

>me being a sad panda for still not being able to go see Rush live

Going to be worth the wait, though And the novel will be great because the band leaves alot of gaps in the story on the album, and the novel is going to really expand on it and bring it all together.
And don't be sad abotu not seeing them live, Alex has been talking about a "second leg" of the your in a few interviews, which would mean more dates after the Europe tour next summer or adding more in late 2013/2014 I might not be able to see them this year either due to college..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: