ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH:WoR Guitar Always On?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HerbieHero  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: GH:WoR Guitar Always On? Reply with quote

I came home from work to find that my Xbox 360 was on and, presumably, had been on all day. I figured I must have leaned on a controller or something that morning, turned it off, and went about my business. I returned again later and found that my 360 had turned itself on again, and it did so repeatedly every time it was turned off.

I found that the culprit was my Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock guitar. I removed its batteries and replaced them, only to watch the guitar turn itself on again.

I think the problem is with the Start button; during gameplay, all functions of the guitar were normal, except the Start button didn't respond, and I don't know how it works for PS3 controllers, but holding the Start button on a 360 controller will also power on the controller and its console if both are off.

I'm going to try some light "percussive maintenance" in case it's a simple problem of a stuck mechanism somewhere, but if it's not, how exactly would I go about disassembling the guitar to fix it? I tried and had no luck with it, and I couldn't find any reliable documentation on it.
HerbieHero  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: Got the guitar opened. The problem definitely isn't mechanical; even with the entire board for the Start/Back/D-pad knob/Guide button inputs removed from the physical buttons, the guitar still immediately turns on when batteries are inserted. No idea what could be causing this; any help would be greatly appreciated.

Update 2: One of the battery contact wires disconnected itself in the process of trying to figure out the problem...and I don't have my soldering iron at the moment. The solution to this problem is seriously starting to look like "buy a new controller", but I'm still open to suggestions on what might fix the Start button issues.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you cannot turn on a PS3 with a guitar controller. you have to use the power button or a controller/bd remote.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
you cannot turn on a PS3 with a guitar controller. you have to use the power button or a controller/bd remote.

Interesting. Makes sense, since those go through a dongle rather than the built-in Bluetooth. However, not very helpful to my problem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: