ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Eurovision 2012

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThunderAlex  

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Eurovision 2012 Reply with quote

So, has anyone watched the EV on Saturday? What are your thoughts and who did you root for? Did Sweden deserve victory?

First, I want to mention the Russian song, Party for Everybody by the Buranovskiye Babushki. I mean, wtf ?! Sure, they are funny, but the song, the performance, everything is just bad... and what's worse, they came in second place! Why? Just why? This contest is about music, not comedy! What are your thoughts about this?

I was really rooting for Macedonia. Kaliopi has such a powerful voice, and the song itself was really outstanding! At first I thought it was another boring ballad, but once the song started, I was amazed by it. I think that she deserved much more... But it looks like that good music doesn't win the EV anymore :\

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 438237975587
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albania should not have done as well as it did 'cause that woman was basically screaming her lungs out the whole time. Despite the UK being who I "should've been rooting for" as it's where I'm from, they deserved to be so low. That song was so crap...

...as for Russia, although it's a bit of fun with the grannies, I actually didn't mind the song. For me it was one of the better songs. I don't think Sweden should've won though... best song for me was Cyprus (not sure where they finished now). Oh, and bloody Jedward for Ireland. Oh my word, they are such fools. >__> I mean, what's with all the random gay jumping?

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best song/preformance won.

Albania pretty much scared the shit out of me with that high note and I could stop laughing for a good 20 minutes.

I do think Cyprus was ranked way to low.

And WTF was up with Turkey? That wasn't a turkey but a goat.

I did DO like Ukraine as well, She can sing that's for sure but that song was just too much.

Too bad my nation completely fucked it up in the semi-finals. I really love Joans voice (She competed in The Voice Of Holland) but that preformance sounded like she was very tired and stressful. Bummer.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrisssss wrote:
Albania should not have done as well as it did 'cause that woman was basically screaming her lungs out the whole time. Despite the UK being who I "should've been rooting for" as it's where I'm from, they deserved to be so low. That song was so crap...

...as for Russia, although it's a bit of fun with the grannies, I actually didn't mind the song. For me it was one of the better songs. I don't think Sweden should've won though... best song for me was Cyprus (not sure where they finished now). Oh, and bloody Jedward for Ireland. Oh my word, they are such fools. >__> I mean, what's with all the random gay jumping?

That woman from Albania still haunts my dreams... Seriously, WTF? I thought they won't make it to the top 15, yet they made it to the top 5...

As for Ireland, I'd call them some derogatory name that suggests homosexuality, but I really don't want to insult homosexuals by doing so :\

Also, it's just like you and WhyYYZ said, Cyprus should have been much higher. It's not the music I like, but their song was really good...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 438237975587
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovision 2012 Reply with quote

ThunderAlex wrote:
This contest is about music, not comedy! What are your thoughts about this?

ThunderAlex wrote:
But it looks like that good music doesn't win the EV anymore :\

Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".

Last edited by ShadoWolf on Tue May 29, 2012 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The woman that won... she looks like someone else, but I can't work out who it is. It's really bugging me.

To be honest I haven't watched Eurovision for several years, it all comes down to politics anyway.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
The woman that won... she looks like someone else, but I can't work out who it is. It's really bugging me.

To be honest I haven't watched Eurovision for several years, it all comes down to politics anyway.

Moves are similar to kate bush but other than that..
Idunno.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever since Terry Wogan stopped presenting it there's been absolutely no reason to watch. Graham Norton is absolutely UNBEARABLE in everything he's ever done, cannot stand the man.

That chick who won was damn fine though.

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly wrote:
Ever since Terry Wogan stopped presenting it there's been absolutely no reason to watch. Graham Norton is absolutely UNBEARABLE in everything he's ever done, cannot stand the man.

Agreed. Terry Wogan's the man - also pretty funny when he hosted Never Mind the Buzzcocks!

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:

I've heard people mention Kate Bush alot but a friend of mine says that she looks like Claudia Winkleman.

B.nAUght47  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleh, Sweden should never have won. The only reason it won was because of the dancing, not the song itself (which was shit, by the way). I cannot express how much I hate the fact Sweden won off of a fucking dance routine, not a song. Those Russian grannies should have won, they were great.

I am so upset that the metal entry from Slovakia, was it? Ended up overall LAST out of every act.

lolwtf Jedward... what the fuck was Ireland thinking, and what was Simon Cowell thinking when he let them win X-Factor... That Montenegro entry was totally retarded, too...

Albania was shit. The woman they picked looked really creepy, and she screamed, as opposed to singing, but somehow managed to get top 5? Wtf, Europe...

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: BnAUght47 Wii Friend Code: 0810038126955628
B.nAUght47  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleh, Sweden should never have won. The only reason it won was because of the dancing, not the song itself (which was shit, by the way). I cannot express how much I hate the fact Sweden won off of a fucking dance routine, not a song. Those Russian grannies should have won, they were great.

I am so upset that the metal entry from Slovakia ended up overall LAST out of every act. Us Aussies loved it!

lolwtf Jedward... what the fuck was Ireland thinking, and what was Simon Cowell thinking when he let them win X-Factor... That Montenegro entry was totally retarded, too...

Albania was shit. The woman they picked looked really creepy, and she screamed, as opposed to singing, but somehow managed to get top 5? Wtf, Europe...

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: BnAUght47 Wii Friend Code: 0810038126955628
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: