Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Between the Buried and Me
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zman10894  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Video for Astral Body premiered today. Those visuals...

Also, Lay Your Ghosts to Rest: Best song or best song?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MrMilksop94
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say Melting City is my personal favorite. The heavy parts are very melodic, especially the choruses, and that whole 2nd half of the song is picture perfect.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
bclare  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:
I say Melting City is my personal favorite. The heavy parts are very melodic, especially the choruses, and that whole 2nd half of the song is picture perfect.

Yeah, I think Melting City is my favorite too. Astral Body is fucking fantastic too though, so is Extremophile Elite. And LYGTR. And Bloom. Telos might actually be my least favorite full-length song on the album, and it's still very good.
Zman10894  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
HellAshes wrote:

Yeah, I think Melting City is my favorite too. Astral Body is fucking fantastic too though, so is Extremophile Elite. And LYGTR. And Bloom. Telos might actually be my least favorite full-length song on the album, and it's still very good.

Yeah it's really hard for me to decide on a favorite too, even though, right now, Lay Your Ghosts to Rest sticks out to me. Every song's just so good in their own way.

Also figured I should post this since this just came in today

Still waiting to see if I'll have enough for a Parallax II LP from Amazon or somewhere else.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MrMilksop94
killermonkey  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't know how many listens I've had of it but it's over 20 now. I have a playlist for it now, PTtS, Lost Perfection AB, Sun of Nothing, SttM, parallax one and 2, all songs are a part of the story and I believe it's in the right order, not 100% though on where PttS is supposed to go xD

anyway I stand by what I said earlier, to me this is the band's best work and my absolute favorite album ever. I love the flow of it, the references to older work, the randomness at someparts (a xylophone, tuba, flute solo-one of my fav parts) and just so much more. Everytime I listen to this album I hear something new in every song that makes me like it even more. Right now the only thing this album is missing is the lyrics xD I wanna see what this story is. I've caughten bits and pieces throughout but not enough to form a whole story.

For the songs themselves they're all amazing and fit perfectly. for the long songs I cannot pick a favorite. It's between Extremophile Elite and LYGTR, possibly even SFP, but I just for the life of me pick it out. One thing that stands out to me very much with this album every time is how amazing Parallax and The Black Box are. In terms of telling the story they're trying to tell I really really like how they put these songs in. It's a perfect break from the blasting concept album to kinda know where you're at in the story and get a feeling for what's going on. Plus Tommy's voice in Black Box, omg amazing.

artistic tldr- The instruments paint an amazing scenery and background for the story to unfold and Tommy's voice, growls and cleans paint the most vivid and beautiful story on top of the already great background of the instruments. Everything flows perfectly and sounds literally flawless.

Easily greatest album of all time of any band (In my opinion)
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has ended as of last night, but I thought you guys would enjoy reading this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Music/comments/10n9v7/hi_reddit_between_the_buried_and_me_here_to/

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
killermonkey  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know when this got posted but I'm so very happy it did

http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/betweentheburiedandme/theparallaxiifuturesequence.html#3 LYRICS
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I got my pre-order CD and T-Shirt in the mail the other day. Love these lyrics, and I'm not much of a lyrics guy. XD

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
eyewin8  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Shvereal proved me wrong by FCing SWTA 1a and 2d without elbow strums. He is the motherfucking shit.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's The Anatomy Of?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
Where's The Anatomy Of?

It hasn't been pressed yet.

Shvereal proved me wrong by FCing SWTA 1a and 2d without elbow strums. He is the motherfucking shit.
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eyewin8 wrote:
inv4der wrote:
Where's The Anatomy Of?

And I doubt it ever will.

I have that same pressing of Alaska. Also, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for Colors?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregoryZero wrote:
eyewin8 wrote:
inv4der wrote:
Where's The Anatomy Of?

And I doubt it ever will.

I have that same pressing of Alaska. Also, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for Colors?

$70 for the first press, like 3 months before the second pressing was announced, and $15 for the second press

killermonkey  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's a rumor right now coheed and BTBAM are gonna be touring soon, you guys excited as I am?
bclare  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killermonkey wrote:
there's a rumor right now coheed and BTBAM are gonna be touring soon, you guys excited as I am?

That would be pretty neat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 35 of 38

Jump to: