ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Now that its been out for a couple of years, opinions on the GH6tar?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fatsausage  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Now that its been out for a couple of years, opinions on the Reply with quote

I know that there are loads of reviews out there, both on and off of Scorehero, but they were all written close to release. Because of that, its really hard for someone to judge just how good the guitar actually is, I've seen many people claim it's better than the Les Paul, but is it as sturdy as one?
I've had my LP since like, 2008 - even then it was bought 2nd hand and it's only recently begun to falter. I guess my question is, is the WoRtar worth buying if somebody is looking for a lifetime companion?

Any buyer's remorse stories would also be more than welcome

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've went through two Les Pauls since the release of GH3. Breaking one of them was my fault but the first one I had the buttons were cutting out forcing me to buy a new one. But I got the WoRtar when WoR was released and I've had zero problems with it.

But on which is better is really up to you. I prefer the WoRtar just because I like the strum bar better and it's easier to grip. The buttons are exactly the same so it comes down to preference/needing a new guitar.
Guitar Hero 80's FC's [18/30]
Guitar Hero 3 FC's [46/70]
Guitar Hero 5 FC's [73/85]
Guitar Hero Metallica FC's [28/49]
Guitar Hero Smash Hits FC's [33/48]
Anthony8  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also had no problems with my WoRtar, but I really don't like the strum bar since it's slick and I can't strum fast with it; it's also the size of it. The SG has always been perfect for me, but it can't be used for the 360 without modding.

I decided to buy a used Les Paul via auction and right off the bat I encountered that my keys were cutting. What I decided to do is to hardwire it, along with greasing the keys and tightening the strum bar. Now it's always been my preferred guitar for the 360 and I recommend it to anyone who wants to invest in a plastic guitar (even if you have to invest a bit more in it).
CamelTower  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My WoRtar was by far my favorite guitar, but after about a year the blue button started flickering, then it conked out completely. I always treated her well, but I ended up buying a wired SG off of one of my friends and though the back button is basically impossible to hit, it really is one of the best guitars I've ever used.

The WoRtar was pretty sweet while it lasted though I enjoyed the strumbar (though difficult to strum REALLY fast, as Anthony8 mentioned), so I'd cautiously recommend it.
NU Grad 2015
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the perfect guitar would be the WoRtar body with a WT/GH5 neck. i find it too small for my hands, but that's me. otherwise it is perfect and is running strong still.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took the (cautiously) positive recommendations towards it and went out and bought a guitar bundle for £25. The whole thing definitely feels a lot more sturdy than it looks.

And I have to admit, removing the "wings" and playing it as if it's a sword is pretty sweet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The WoRtar in my opinion was the most durable guitar released to date. I'm glad they put all of the wiring in one small area instead of spreading it all over the body of the guitar. The strum bar is really slick though, I constantly have problems with my finger sliding off of the strum bar. In my opinion the best guitar so far was the GH5tar. I liked the size of everything and it was pretty sturdy too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: guitar god527
CoolMotion  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As durability goes, WoRtar is hands-down the best, with everything being in the neck and all. The only complaints I have about it (and why I don't use it) is because it is hard for me to get used to the super-close position of the whammy bar. The nice big back button is great though Best guitars are the SG for PS2 and the GH5 guitar for anything else.
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is still relevant...

Love it. Though, I think my start button is broken. Whenever I have batteries in, it automatically turns my roommate's Xbox on. I'm taking a wager that either I or someone spilt beer on it, so it's nothing some cleaning (and a Torx T6) can't fix.

But, Les Paul is still my all time favorite controller. I have 3 of them sitting in my garage, waiting repair...

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
wa1Do  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only problem is my hand slipping off the strum bar. Other than that its's great.
EXEprog527  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xtremecarbon wrote:
If this is still relevant...

Love it. Though, I think my start button is broken. Whenever I have batteries in, it automatically turns my roommate's Xbox on.

Mine started doing this days ago also. It spams start really bad and makes it unplayable but before this problem it has also been my most favorite. Its been a pain trying to find a replacement one actually. Can't seem to find the guitar only online or offline around here for the usual msrp price/ 70$ or less range.

Its like they all disappeared

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It started under-strumming with less than a month of (hardcore) use.
Anyone know of any solutions?
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathya wrote:
It started under-strumming with less than a month of (hardcore) use.
Anyone know of any solutions?

next time you get one, do a break-in procedure. easy-hard, medium, expert, easy, medium, expert, hard before going full throttle on it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the thing! When I get a guitar I try to see if there is anything wrong with it, play with the strum bar, make sure there aren't over/under anythings.
Given the guitar is working and the strum feels fine, I try to take it slow the first couple days and avoid strum-intensive grinds (I can't find it in me to stay clear of the hard grinds for longer than that, I immediately feel like I'm getting worse).

Then I jump on to actual grinding and pray it doesn't break.
It broke.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that suck. At least you dont go apeshit on it which is good IMO.

good luck getting one cheaply, it has become alot harder. try sourcing locally on craiglist, post an ad and see what comes out of it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: