FC Rivalry- 14/12/17... well... wow.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 88, 89, 90  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arvain  

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, WELL, let's see...

Sadly, no movement at all on Hard this week

On Expert, there was quite some agitation (again ) :

- unlimitedforces apparently got +14 on WoR, including Speeding...

- 56 new fcs from BlakePlaysGH, now chopping through the old school games.

- locken slowly but surely adds up stuff to his list. This time, it's 3 new fcs on gh5.

- BnAUght appears to have a new fc on gh3, and it's RaRaN This song seems to be a major problem for a lot of people, seeing how often it only appears in the 50s

- matt6662 got two more fcs on WT : Weapon of Choice, and Vicarious. It's tricky to find out which are the new fcs when FC scores are lower than unFC !

- psxfreak is getting close to 500 fcs overall, adding two more this week : Beast and the Harlot, and Caught in a Mosh, both from ghSH. I guess 600 fcs will easily happen when he switches to gh5 and WoR, and then finishes off VH and M. Let's see how long this takes

- RobGHH, thinking 94 wasn't enough last time, submitted 117 fcs this week He finished off gh5, getting the fgfc. Then ghSH, reaching 47. Then 46 on ghVH happened, followed by... hmm, he seems to be on WoR now. I expect a 88 to happen by the next update or something x)

- ihatebarracuda joined the fun, and already sits at 582, with his latests new fc on VH, aside of Zakk battle and Hot For Teacher from WT. From the look of things, 600 will not be a problem at all.

- yet another person joined this week : AbyssionQC. If you've gone back to your under-a-rock house recently, then you've probably missed his I'm the One Xgtr fc Starting from this, I guess you won't be surprised if he jumps from the bottom to the top of these boards in a non-slow fashion... Let's say having ghA and gh3 out of the way already will help him reach new heights... someone lend this guy a VH disc x)

AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand well people, I guess that's it. A really good week actually.
unlimitedforces  

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got GH VH today, ALMOST FC'D Master Exploder twice. but no, got -1

Kathya  

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arvain wrote:
Excel is massively, MASSIVELY collapsing when I try to update gh3. And when I update ghA, it messes up the boards for a reason I haven't figured out yet... Does massive scores submission have anything to do with it ? I hope not x)

Standing here from my igloo of ignorance, I'm curious, how do you do this exactly?

I assume JCirri has some kind of API (that I don't know of, I should search around) where you can check scores in a far better manner than each player's game-specific score page, individually, which would be (X*11) requests to SH per difficulty.
(In other words, hopefully not parsing this).
arvain  

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, well Excel has that cool thing that lets you create a connection with a website. I google'd that shit, it's really easier to do than it might sound.

When I have the wanted connections created (browsing SH through Excel is fun ), I import the data. Then it's up to you how you want to sort stuff out in your excel file (DrSham did a pretty amazing job at having everything neat ).

Every week, I used to go to "data" , "connection" and go "update all"... but considering the HUGE amount of data that's being checked/updated (lotsa people playing gh2 and gh3 mostly), having all connections updated at the same time was making it crash almost every time. And when it was working, it was taking forever.

SO, instead of doing that all at once, I realized I could update the connections one by one. The connection for gh2 and gh3 take the longest obviously, BUT today was the first time it crashed. I guess my laptop being old and exhausted doesn't help either.

Anyway, so one by one, I update the connections, which automatically updates the data table (which compiles all the fcs of everyone from this rivalry, and adds a rank for everyone).

Then, this also automatically updates the final boards on another sheet, where everyone is placed according to their rank, both in amount and in % of fcs

The tricky part was to understand HOW all the formulas work But I figured it out by myself, wOOh ! This way I don't have to have Sham babysit me whenever I try to add someone to the boards.

You should've seen me when I realized "ooooh so this long ass formula means it looks for 'arvain' in the gh3 sheet, in this area from B2 to J9001 or whatever and it copies the number there is in this particular cell" It was like I understood the meaning of life.

TL;DR : I don't do much. Excel does And yes, although setting everything up does take time the first time (now that I know how it works, I know Sham probably had a lot of fun when he did it ^^'), updating it is pretty fast. And it's nothing in comparison to manually checking everything individually
Kathya  

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's you causing SH's slowdown in saturdays! Just kidding.

I still wonder, so you're getting the scores directly from the SH pages, in a similar fashion to browsing it - except using Excel for it,
Then I assume Excel parses the pages for you, you pick the information you want up from the cells and leave it all tidy in a certain sheet - that way it'll update automatically when it parses the pages again (when you update the connection).

So it really is a huge amount of requests, I assume, then, that Excel is checking the score pages for each player and game individually, in this case it should be loading... ~40*11 = 440 pages on expert scores, if it's checking for every single game.
If so, then it's no wonder it's starting to crash!

Either that or you're not checking player's pages individually and are instead checking some other pages with lists of scores (/shrug).
In new-gen games where SH doesn't know if it's an FC or not (you'd have to compare the note streak to the highest), do you know how that is handled or does it just take 100% as FC?

Reckon JCirri could ease both server load and the time it takes you to update by making a quick script that returns all scores over all games for a certain player, instead of requiring dozens of queries/requests to do that.
I don't assume he has the time or patience for that kind of thing, however. There might be other ways to get the scores, I ought to cure my ignorance by searching around.
arvain  

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathya wrote:
Then I assume Excel parses the pages for you, you pick the information you want up from the cells and leave it all tidy in a certain sheet - that way it'll update automatically when it parses the pages again (when you update the connection).

This.

Kathya wrote:
Either that or you're not checking player's pages individually and are instead checking some other pages with lists of scores.

Indeed : I use this one page for each game. It's only 11 pages. What takes the longest ends up being Excel retrieving and copying it all back, especially when you imagine how many people there are on this page for gh3

Kathya wrote:
In new-gen games where SH doesn't know if it's an FC or not (you'd have to compare the note streak to the highest), do you know how that is handled or does it just take 100% as FC?

No difference, so overstrums appear as fcs. Either I check myself, or I don't This kind of issues is way more annoying when it comes to WT vox where 100% almost never happens, and WT drums where the notes counts are sometimes off. Sham could answer this I guess.

Kathya wrote:
Reckon JCirri could ease both server load and the time it takes you to update by making a quick script that returns all scores over all games for a certain player, instead of requiring dozens of queries/requests to do that.
I don't assume he has the time or patience for that kind of thing, however. There might be other ways to get the scores, I ought to cure my ignorance by searching around.

Enjoy the search and yeah, it really isn't all that necessary to put much effort into this, considering how small this rivalry is and how active people are in general.

Last edited by arvain on Sat May 11, 2013 11:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
DrSham  

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathya wrote:
So it really is a huge amount of requests, I assume, then, that Excel is checking the score pages for each player and game individually, in this case it should be loading... ~40*11 = 440 pages on expert scores, if it's checking for every single game.
If so, then it's no wonder it's starting to crash!

No, that's not the case. Excel simply loads the score summary data for each game (11 requests in total), which is the minimum amount of queries/data required to calculate FC totals. It's designed this way so that when a new player is added the data already exists and it's then a simple process to add them. The spreadsheet then does the rest as far as presentation is concerned.

The problem arvain has with crashing is simply down to his hardware (PC/Internet) as opposed to either Excel or the amount of data being pulled. I have no problems whatsoever from my setup and whilst GH3 is large, the 11 queries take about 10 minutes (less for Hard as less data).

Kathya wrote:

Yep, this. Any defiencies with the site are replicated in these boards. We could match notes to be sure of an FC vs 100% (as the site does for pre WT) but it's really too much hassle. Then we WOULD need to pull individual data for each player and that is not really an option.

Gamertag - Doc Sham

Last edited by DrSham on Sat May 11, 2013 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Doc Sham
arvain  

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, the whole thing usually takes around 10 minutes. It's just that today, the "copying data from the website" step for gh3 was probably too much for my laptop to handle.
Kathya  

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! The rankings has a total for each game, of course.
Only to work around telling FCs from overstrums would you need each score individually, and it's... ...indeed, like I described previously, far too much hassle. It'd have to be JCirri adding the FC count to the score pages instead like on the older games.

Thanks! Really, my boggling curiosity is done with.
arvain  

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yayyyy, some action on Hard this week

Guitarherofan got a new fc on ghWoR, and Sham two more on gh5 VeryMetalChewie also fc'd Overkill WT... Do it Again by next week please ?

Over on Expert, more action :

- Abyssion filled some blanks on gh5.

- Blake had some old school stuff done : 24 new fcs on gh2, and 30 on gh1 isn't too bad x) And now, starting on gh5 it seems. 311 fcs now... not halfway there yet still lots of fun ahead !

- we also have a +15 from ihatebarracuda, sitting at now 597 fcs, passing me next week as easily as stealing candy from a baby

- and of course, biggest movement of the week : RobGHH got 70 new fcs, all on WoR ! Reaching 600 with ease, he now has 634 fcs. Are things going to slow down now ? We'll see soon enough. I guess all that's left to happen is a few fgfc...

Annnnnd, hmmm I guess that's it. Surprisingly, noone was added to the boards this week I kinda got used to it haha !
RobGHH  

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah, I didn't get my Holy Wars FC in time. Yes, they are definitely going to slow down from now on. No more Re-FCs! :O
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RobGHH PSN Name: robbie8n
AbyssionQC  

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on gh6* I was going for more fcs but lacked of time I'll try to get 50+ on any gh this week

GH1 FC''s: 47/47 | GH2 FC''s: 64/64 | GH80''s FC''s: 30/30 | GH3 FC''s: 70/70 GHA FC''s: 41/41 | GHWT FC''s: 86/86
GHM FC''s: 49/49 | GHSH FC''s: 47/48 GH5 FC''s: 85/85 | GHVH FC''s: 47/47 | GHWoR FC''s: 91/93 | Total FC''s: 657/660

I totally didn''''t steal someone else''''s signature
SPinD0cter  

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind adding my name to the list if it isn't too much trouble ;)

This thread will serve as motivation towards getting a bunch of FCs plus it will be a good way to bond with the community. I think I may start out and have a goal of FCing at least half of the songs in the main series and I'll go from there because lord knows that I'll never get a FSFC. (But a man can dream, can't he?)
Guitar Hero 80's FC's [18/30]
Guitar Hero 3 FC's [46/70]
Guitar Hero 5 FC's [73/85]
Guitar Hero Metallica FC's [28/49]
Guitar Hero Smash Hits FC's [33/48]
VeryMetalChewie  

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arvain wrote:
VeryMetalChewie also fc'd Overkill WT... Do it Again by next week please ?

As requested...
What next?
GuitarHeroFan101  

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that summer break is here, I'll be doing a lot of GH stuff. Right now, I'm just scattering through all kinds of things. Doing quite a bit of WoR HGuitar/HBass now. I'd say my Speeding FC was pretty good. Sudden Death, TDWF, and IYWP shouldn't be a problem either, as I've gotten close on all three.

Also, whoever GHAddict112 is, he just FC'ed ItO on XGtr. O.o
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 45 of 90

Jump to: