Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Low-tech no-solder hardwire for Les Paul frets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
McSkinny  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I had an extra LP so I wanted to make a lefty guitar. So I wired the grounds and yellow normally which worked, swapped red with blue and that worked but swapping orange and green made orange strum down and green do nothing so any idea why it would do that?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McSkinny
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master-Tesuch wrote:
Okay, I've had this problem for several months now, but my damn post freeze prevented me from posting here and getting the problem fixed. Argh. Well, that's over now, hopefully someone can help me.

Okay, I've already used this guide on one LP, and it worked great. The guitar is still working wonderfully, and I love it. I got another LP, though, and I attempted to do the mod again. I accidently wired it backwards, just like I (and lots of other people, apparently, lol) did the first time with the first guitar. Having already made this mistake, I just reversed the wiring, expecting the problem to be fixed now (like it was with the first guitar). This is where things get weird.

Here are how the frets register now, with the wiring still reversed:

Pressing green registers as: downstrum (wtf, never even heard of this happening)
Red registers as yellow
Yellow registers as red
Blue registers as Blue
And pressing orange doesn't register as anything

This is very frustrating, because I have no idea why it's doing this. As far as I know, I just reversed the wiring mistake that many people encounter on their first trial of the mod, so it should be working correctly, right? If anyone can figure out what kind of mistake I made (or what's wrong with the guitar) based on how it reacts to how it registers, I would be very grateful!

I was going to ask the exact same thing!

I didn't knew that Blue was blue, but I wasn't able to play a song anyway...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know how to do this for the WT/GH5 guitar? Is it the same thing?
12:41 fudrick: im taking a quick break
12:42 singertoad: Jerk off break?
12:42 JohnnyGrey: >_>
12:42 fudrick: my forearm is starting to hurt lol
12:42 JohnnyGrey: lol context >_>
12:42 singertoad: haha
dave0113  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done 4 of these mods before without incident. However, on the 5th time I did it I got a weird result (which I think was already there before I started the mod). Whenever I have green red and yellow all pressed at the same time it counts as a down strum and down strumming becomes disabled for as long as I have all three buttons held down.

Any ideas on why this might be or how I can fix it?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im aware that noone really reads this anymore, but if someone is planning to hard-wire there "2-peice" mistake so it can work right, i hope you might hear my idea that i used when doing this repair on my own guitar. and just wanted to add, great thread! i was stupid enough to not bother googling a bit before hard-wiring mine, so i had A LOT of guesswork haha. what i used was and Ethernet cable, since it contains 8 wires. and i used 2 feet of it. the reasoning is because, well idk bout all you, but i certainly planned on detaching my kneck again, either for repairs, or for easy storage.and no-offense intended, but hard-wiring it like this makes it a b*tch to take apart, dont ya think? so after soldering everything, i drilled a hole on the bottom(not the back) of the neck near the bottom, and hot glued it in place(as to not be yanked out by accident). and the other side of the cable, i double knotted it, and fed it through where the bottom guitar strap pin was. and all that you need to do is, after assembly of coarse, is fold up the cable neatly, and zip-tie. if you folded/zip-tied it right, it should be secure, and perfectly out of the way. with this little creative addition to the straight connect mod, you can EASILY remove the neck for easy disassemble for future modding or(hopefully not) repairs. i hope someone finds this useful. if anyone does happen upon this, and wants to know more, id be happy to write up a tutorial, or put up some pics of how mine came out. happy shredding!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: