ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
All Guitar-Only Games - FCBP - Adjustment Phase
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 113, 114, 115 ... 152, 153, 154  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bulblax  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still crazy on you
BobDole  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Diver

There's a lot of solo, and some of it is pretty tricky...with the trickiest part right at the end too. I think it's a little bit harder than Crazy On You. I'm In The Band is kinda tricky too, but the strumming parts are pretty easy to learn and be consistent on.

Also, one thing that's been bothering me a little for awhile now. This is not a huge deal to me, but I just want to put this out there: Why are we allowing conditional votes? I really don't think that type of vote is in the spirit of the project. It's more of a vote against a song that you think is overrated than a vote for what you think is the hardest song.

RocksterLMS  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobDole wrote:
Also, one thing that's been bothering me a little for awhile now. This is not a huge deal to me, but I just want to put this out there: Why are we allowing conditional votes? I really don't think that type of vote is in the spirit of the project. It's more of a vote against a song that you think is overrated than a vote for what you think is the hardest song.

I can see your point there, but considering how we've been doing so far, there aren't any problems with that - if there are competition only between two songs in a matter of vote numbers, people naturally change their votes (in case they have previously voted for an underrated song) to the one of the two they think it's harder, which isn't actually different from conditional votes (of course, if both songs under conditional voting get many votes, the player will need to decide which of the two they will vote). If they didn't change their votes to the ones that are indeed in competition, it would be pretty much the same as not voting at all.

Now that you mentioned this, you made me realize the weighted voting system we had on the War Pigs readjustment was actually better since even the less voted songs get ranks. Best way to make a breakdown would be to make each player write their own breakdown list and then calculate the weighted votes in total like we did with the War Pigs thing. Of course, this would take way more work for everyone interested and it simply would never happen that way.

And as for "types of votes that are not in the spirit of the project" as you say, I would mention voting for a song when you're actually concerned about a particular song that has yet to come to the table, which is behind the one you're voting for. I've always found this type of voting kind of wrong since the breakdown order of the individual games have already been settled in their appropriate threads before this one.

JosephL  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Current votes:

Question 178
Crazy on You
1) Bulblax
2) RocksterLMS (conditional)

Holy Diver
1) JosephL
2) BobDole

I'm In The Band
1) voidedalive2x

Walk This Way (DMC)
1) FL4RE

BobDole wrote:
Why are we allowing conditional votes?

I was initially resistant against them, but now I'm considering them more as shorthand for "if X happens, then I'm gonna change my vote to Y" types of votes, so I don't think there's a particular problem with them.
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
BobDole  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I guess it isn't that much different than people changing their votes, which I've never really been bothered by. I personally will probably never submit such a vote, but I can accept them. Also...

Quote:
And as for "types of votes that are not in the spirit of the project" as you say, I would mention voting for a song when you're actually concerned about a particular song that has yet to come to the table, which is behind the one you're voting for. I've always found this type of voting kind of wrong since the breakdown order of the individual games have already been settled in their appropriate threads before this one.

I agree 100% with this; wish people wouldn't do that. Unfortunately it's impossible to police. You could stop people from doing it blatantly, but you can't stop people from lying/giving disingenuous reasoning for voting decisions.

briland  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Diver gets my vote. Its two solos are more difficult than the difficult passages of Crazy on You, which I think is the only other song up for vote of comparable difficulty.
CoolMotion  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck I'm in the Band. That's much more difficult than Crazy on You.
My vote goes to I'm in the Band.
JosephL  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question 178
Crazy on You
1) Bulblax
2) RocksterLMS (conditional)

Holy Diver
1) JosephL
2) BobDole
3) briland

I'm In The Band
1) voidedalive2x
2) CoolMotion

Walk This Way (DMC)
1) FL4RE

Keep 'em comin', gang.
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
nunovanhalen023  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy On You

There's just several tricky and missable parts that slightly separate it from the other songs.
disturbedfreak  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walk This Way (Run DMC)

I have yet to FC this, I hate it so much
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 6158928254521041
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely Crazy on You

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
JosephL  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question 178
Crazy on You
1) Bulblax
2) RocksterLMS
3) nunovanhalen023
4) UndeadFil13QC

Holy Diver
1) JosephL
2) BobDole
3) briland

I'm In The Band
1) voidedalive2x
2) CoolMotion

Walk This Way (Run DMC)
1) FL4RE
2) disturbedfreak (welcome to the voting)

Clock's on.
#TeamOldPeople
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disturbedfreak wrote:
Walk This Way (Run DMC)

I have yet to FC this, I hate it so much

But what makes the outro more difficult than what the rest of the songs have?

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
JosephL  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question 178
Crazy on You
WINNER

Current question:

Question 177: Which song is HARDEST to FC on Expert Guitar?
GH1) Guitar Hero
GH2) Stop!
GH80s) Holy Diver
GH3) I'm In The Band
GH:A) Walk This Way (Run DMC)

Current vote:

Question 177
Holy Diver
1) JosephL
#TeamOldPeople
RocksterLMS  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitar Hero

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 113, 114, 115 ... 152, 153, 154  Next
Page 114 of 154

Jump to: