ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Star Ratings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrSham  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:35 am    Post subject: Star Ratings Reply with quote

This is probably more of a correction than a bug, but in certain cases the star ratings system is out of sync where scores from different systems needed adjusting.

One example is X-Stream on Medium Guitar (below) where X Box users can get 7 stars and PS2 users can't. Maybe in these songs the adjusted score should be used to calculate the star rating rather than just using actual score all the time?

Maybe it's more hassle than it's worth given the number of active players but it's just a thought

Gamertag - Doc Sham
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Doc Sham
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see where you're coming from, Sham, and the adjusted score on GH2 can sometimes have a disadvantage to one particular system, whether it's star rating or the score itself.

However; this would be a good thing to possibly correct but I would personally like to see star ratings on all other games post GH:A. It may be a minority of people that agree, but I think it's annoying to only have 5 stars on all songs post GH:A, instead of 6, 7 or 8! I would love to know how many more 8 stars I have across the series but I fear that would entail too much work because of cut offs etc.!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

extended stars rating was limited due to the combination of instruments being inconsistent. i'd keep those at 5 stars and apply extended to single instruments only. it uses the same patern for cutoff anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never thought about the impact of adjusted scores with extended ratings. It's an interesting idea to change that, but I think we should show what's actually possible on each platform.

Adjusted scores are there to supplement actual score and there's rankings for both. I think it'd be too much to have two variants of ratings (actual and adjusted) and wouldn't want to eliminate actual extended ratings. The adjusted scores attempt to generate fair comparisons, but as mentioned, are a bit arbitrary and far from a perfect system.

As far as extended ratings for other games, Cabanon mentioned the only feasible way it would be done. But with separate database schemas for pre- and post-GH:A, it's not possible to simply enable those instruments/games to existing functionality. After migration to a new standardized schema it would be possible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: