ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Music Festivals (Bonnaroo/Lollapalooza/Austin City Limits/Coachella)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah, that's an awesome lineup! Green Day and The Killers are some big favorites of mine, I would definitely pay good money to see them.

Also, if this is your first festival, definitely get excited!!! That looks like an excellent first festival. But you should probably also read some festival tips. My first festival was almost ruined because I just wasn't prepared enough. By the middle of the 2nd day I was exhausted and could barely enjoy the rest of the bands. If I recall I don't think I even went to more than 2 or 3 bands on the 3rd day because of a bad combination of too much partying, lack of sleep and an uncharacteristic amount of exercise for 3 days straight. Major regrets were had, although it was still fun. Most of all, drink lots of water!

Also, Shuggie Otis, Neko Case and Tame Impala are now on my list to check out. Thanks guys!

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Hak  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit late to tell you about the festival I went to, but better late than never, right? It was an awesome experience! This was my first festival I have ever been to, so it definitely was a different world I stepped into. Had one hell of a time together with some friends! In fact, we are already looking for the next one we are going to attend!

Anyways, managed to see quite a few bands while there.

Friday

Handsome Poets: This was the band we saw during the festival, and it was awesome. I do like the band quite a bit, and they do sound very good live, but there was one thing that made it that much better. My girlfriend is a huge fan of this band and she really had to see this. After the performance, they would go to a booth to sign CDs and take pictures with fans. The meeting with Handsome Poets did cost me both the performance of Andy Burrows and Masters of Reality, but it was definitely worth to see my girl so happy afterwards.

Paramore: We got here a bit late due to the Handsome Poets booth, but still managed to listen to about 5 songs. Sad they weren't songs I knew, but it sounded good and I liked the songs. And of course, Hayley is still awesome.

Jimmy Eat World: I do like this band a lot. Minor disappointment that the sound wasn't mixed well, so the guitar was barely audible. Still, they played a lot of songs I knew and a few new ones that sounded pretty good as well.

The Script: Missed the beginning of the act, but luckily they saved their well-known songs for last. Good show, liked them a lot.

Queens of the Stone Age: Very awesome. Was expecting more songs from their new album, but they only played two songs. They ended with a 'Song for the Dead' that lasted at least 10 minutes, which I really loved.

The Killers: Ending act of Friday. I like a few songs of them, but that's about it. Still, it was a good performance.

Saturday

La Pegatina: This has to be the highlight of the entire festival. The energy these guys put in their performance is incredible, their music just gives you a happy feeling and you just can't stand still. And just when we thought it couldn't get any better, this all-Spanish (I believe) band decided they should sing a Dutch song. My god, I cannot wait to see them again.

Douwe Bob: Pretty chill music, nice and clear voice, but kind of a disappointment at the time because of La Pegatina before him. In hindsight, it was a very good performance.

Passenger: I love this guy. He just stays so normal about everything. Whereas everyone has huge set-ups for their show, Passenger was all alone on the huge stage, just to do his thing. And he did it extremely well. I would definitely say that I am a huge fan of him now. And despite all his status as singer, he still did an unannounced gig on the festival terrain, so he could get more in touch with fans. Too bad I missed that, but he did a stellar job.

Miles Kane: I only saw a few songs, but he sounded good. Probably would have stayed a bit longer if I wasn't the only one of my friends there.

Fun.: Hmm... Not sure what to say about this. It wasn't bad, but as a band with such a rapid climb to fame, they disappointed me. They did not sound that well and (obviously) played songs from All Alone exclusively. Maybe with a few songs from Aim & Ignite, it would've liked it more.

The Opposites: We only saw this because we were eating our dinner around this time. I do not like rap; Dutch rap is even worse.

Ellie Goulding: A friend of me is a huge fan of Ellie, so we all went to see her. I did enjoy a few songs, but the main attraction were Ellie's clothes and hips. So mesmerizing O.O

Thirty Seconds to Mars: BOO WHY NO OLDER SONGS. Only electronic songs from their latest album. On the flipside, the performance was absolutely spectacular. Still, would have liked some rock in there.

C2C: These guys were playing at the same time as Phoenix ._. I had decided beforehand that I would see the first half of C2C and the last half of Phoenix. I never saw Phoenix. This show was incredible. There is not much you can do with four guys just scratching, but they still made a spectacular show. Fantastic sound, great remixes of their songs, and the DJ battles were just awesome. I am hoping they will come back to The Netherlands soon.

Kings of Leon: IK WIL SEX MET DIE KALEEEEEEEEEE Anyways, pretty good. Not really a big fan, but I really did enjoy it. This could be because we were throwing carton plates around with messages. Eventually, everyone in the audience were throwing them around.

Sunday

Puggy: They covered Toxicity from SoaD. If that isn't awesome, I don't what is. Great show, fantastic sound and they involved the audience in their show. One of my highlights.

Kensington: Did not see a lot of them (mostly because I will be seeing them again in September), but from what I heard, it sounded very good. Consider me hyped for September.

Bastille: I had seen them before recently (Muse on July 4th), but I did not regret seeing them a second time. They sounded very good, better than on the 4th. They completely took the audience with them; the entirety was still singing 'Pompeii' when they were done. If Bastille had stayed on stage for 10 minutes longer, people would've sung for 10 minutes longer.

Will and the People: I love this band. Met my expectations

Blaudzun: Kind of ruined by the rain. Still sounded good, so that made the rain a bit less bad.

The Vaccines: Like The Opposites, we missed a bit of the show because we were hungry. :P

Stereophonics: They crushed my expectation, to be quite honest. Wasn't looking forward to it, but I loved every minute of it.

Ben Howard: Was good, but I couldn't help but compare him to Passenger. That made it a bit worse.

Alt-J: This was the band I was waiting for and most excited for. Kind of a letdown when I heard the sound wasn't sounding right, but I still loved it. Had a feeling a few people had some... happiness medication, seeing how involved they were with the music xD

Grren Day: AWW YISS First hour of the performance was more than fantastic, and I cannot remember the second hour. I blame my drunk friends (I had no alcohol whatsoever). Probably better to show a picture, because that explains it better:

It was amazing.

So, the top 5 probably was:

1. La Pegatina
2. Puggy
3. C2C
4. Passenger
5. Alt-J

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going down to a festival down in Arkansas called the Riverfest and from the looks of it has a pretty good line up (Will be my first festival) the main acts their promoting are:

Chicago
Cee LoGreen
The Fray
Hank Williams, Jr.
Three Days Grace
Lee Brice
Buckcherry
Easton Corbin
Jamey Johnson
The Wallflowers
Robert Randolf and the Family Band

Most excited for Three Days Grace and Hank Williams though, here's a link to the website: http://www.riverfestarkansas.com/music-lineup/overview
augthebomb  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biblet14 wrote:
I'm going down to a festival down in Arkansas called the Riverfest and from the looks of it has a pretty good line up (Will be my first festival) the main acts their promoting are:

Chicago
Cee LoGreen
The Fray
Hank Williams, Jr.
Three Days Grace
Lee Brice
Buckcherry
Easton Corbin
Jamey Johnson
The Wallflowers
Robert Randolf and the Family Band

Most excited for Three Days Grace and Hank Williams though, here's a link to the website: http://www.riverfestarkansas.com/music-lineup/overview

Exciting! I'm going to my first festival this year, too. AC just debuted the WayHome Festival outside of Toronto. Sam Smith, Kendrick, and Alt-j are headlining.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Kamen Islands
wallflower  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making a 7 hour drive for this goodie:
http://www.observatoryoc.com/event/Psycho-California-Fest

Bedemon is something I never dreamed of being able to see live.
Biblet14  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's at that moment he realizes he has to wait for "Early 2015" to see the lineup because it never crossed my mind that that might have been last years lineup.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: