ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Modding a Guitar Hero controller for playing Guitar Freaks games

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Masquarr  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:02 am    Post subject: Modding a Guitar Hero controller for playing Guitar Freaks g Reply with quote

I've been considering creating a Guitar Freaks controller by modding a Guitar Hero controller, but I've heard that this won't work very well because of how the GH controller's strum bar works. I am already aware of how the GH controller is incapable of up-strumming in earlier Guitar Freaks games, but I know that it's possible to configure the controls in Guitar Freaks & Drum Mania: Masterpiece Gold, in order to allow up-strumming. However, the people at the other forum implied that the problem is mechanical rather than electronic, and thus would still show through when playing GF&DM MG.

What exactly is it about the Guitar Hero strum bar that makes it worse for hyper-picking? Would replacing a GH conroller's bar with one made of a denser material, (sort of like the bytearts RB mod,) help? Or would one have to replace the springs? Or is the problem caused by something else entirely?
Shiozaki  

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is this the only thread on this subject... ok ok hijacking thread for official use in this matter...

So from what i gather there are 3 problem with the guitar hero controller that will need resolved for it to work in guitar freaks.

1. GH constantly hold left (i think) and will play havoc in game menus.

2. can only strum down as GF doesn't count up as strum only down.

3. button config is wrong for frets, in setting of GF if the last preconfig control set up is used it will work with the 1st, 2nd and 3rd GF frets as the the red, blue and Orange keys on GH controller.

Not sure what GF game that last part is true on but thats what i got, now if some knowable members were to come in here and provide help in solving these problem it would be greatly appreciated.

THE official GF controllers arn't very well made it seems so this could become a very popular mod one day...[/code]
addseo1119  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the guitar hero controller that will need resolved for it to work in guitar freaks.

sbobet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: