ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero Live - New Guitar Hero Game (360/X1/PS3/PS4/WiiU + Mobile)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inv4der  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComicBookGuru wrote:
toymachine wrote:
I'm hoping it's in, but it's not in DJ Hero/2 so...

Huh? DJ Hero has Hyperdeck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHRIqHYCxFI

Hyperdeck is considered a cheat by the game and is not valid for score saving and leaderboards.

From what I remember it also actually literally changed how many points you could get.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
ComicBookGuru wrote:
toymachine wrote:
I'm hoping it's in, but it's not in DJ Hero/2 so...

Huh? DJ Hero has Hyperdeck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHRIqHYCxFI

Hyperdeck is considered a cheat by the game and is not valid for score saving and leaderboards.

From what I remember it also actually literally changed how many points you could get.

Huh. Knew it was a cheat, didn't figure the other parts. (I don't play with Hyperdeck.)
parzrevenge  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 2 it became a "leaderboard friendly power-up" along with others (which were all still inferior point-wise to rewind deck).

Speaking of HS, has practice mode been confirmed/mentioned at all?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

parzrevenge wrote:
In 2 it became a "leaderboard friendly power-up" along with others (which were all still inferior point-wise to rewind deck).

Speaking of HS, has practice mode been confirmed/mentioned at all?

Yeah, the power-ups were all wack in 2. I always thought 5x multiplier (if that was it) was the worst offender.
AdamHero  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My interest is building a bit. I was really thrown off when the game was first announced, but I'm thinking about picking it up now. Rock band 4 is still the priority but this game looks like it could be interesting. I'm honestly waiting to see what the hardest guitar charts look like.

4th ever DWDTG FC on November 27, 2010.
[2:32:10 PM] Alex (MoosieHD): Honestly spamming adds difficulty
[2:32:10 PM] Alex (MoosieHD): Methods are way easier
slashn0  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdamHero wrote:
My interest is building a bit. I was really thrown off when the game was first announced, but I'm thinking about picking it up now. Rock band 4 is still the priority but this game looks like it could be interesting. I'm honestly waiting to see what the hardest guitar charts look like.

same here. I'm really looking forward to seeing really fast stuff smashed into 3 columns.

Guitar Hero + Rock Band Expert Drums Dual FSFC - September 21st, 2017
10,000 unique expert GH/RB FCs - May 18th, 2022
Videos: http://www.YouTube.com/dayzeed
FC spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/FCs
Proud lefty who conformed to right-handed mode... show some respect! ;)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slashno PSN Name: slashno

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who has Game Informer should check out the GH Live article in it. It's got some more insight from someone who actually plays on expert as well as giving takes on all sides and it seems like it will be a better game than most are crediting it, even tho these views have changed a lot in the last few months anyways.

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
toymachine  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2003041 wrote:
Anyone who has Game Informer should check out the GH Live article in it. It's got some more insight from someone who actually plays on expert as well as giving takes on all sides and it seems like it will be a better game than most are crediting it, even tho these views have changed a lot in the last few months anyways.

Yes, and that is Brian Shea who co-founded The Hero Feed with me
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: cRANKbALL
gitarzann  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2003041 wrote:

It would be helpful to know what issue you are talking about here. I switched to the electronic version of the magazine and have up to July's issue and haven't found any articles about GH in any of them.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gitarzann wrote:
2003041 wrote:

It would be helpful to know what issue you are talking about here. I switched to the electronic version of the magazine and have up to July's issue and haven't found any articles about GH in any of them.

It's the Disney Infinity 3.0 issue. Sorry, I didnt realize if a new one came out or not.

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
toymachine  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/amazon-guitar-hero-live-bundle-99-96-30-off-1765511

$30 off the Bundle on Amazon for Amazon.ca

is this the article?

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/guitar_hero_live/b/playstation4/archive/2015/04/20/guitar-hero-live-is-an-experience-thats-better-played.aspx

edit: nm I just grabbed the issue on the app, it's by Brian but it's different
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: cRANKbALL
iimeade  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://blog.activision.com/community/games-blog/guitar-hero/blog/2015/07/07/guitar-hero-live-diving-deeper-into-hero-powers
Neato, Hero Powers.
edit: just wanted to get inb4 toymachine
Quote:
Double Multiplier: A great way to boost your score when you're really sticking those notes, this Hero Power will, as the name suggests, double your score multiplier. Keep those note chains going, and you'll be leveling up in no time.

So normal Star Power.
Quote:
Dial Down: If you're having trouble getting through a particularly tough section of a song, Dial Down will reduce the number of notes for the duration of the Power. So long crushing solo, hello huge multiplier.

Because when I'm playing on expert, I want to feel like I'm a massive sexy badass by playing less notes.
Quote:
Dial Up: The polar opposite of Dial Down, this Hero Power will actually increase the number of notes you'll need to play. Activating this ability in an easier portion of a song can boost your score multiplier.

...How would this work on Veteran?
Quote:
Clear Highway: Just want to get rid of a bunch of pesky notes? Tilt the neck or hit the Hero Power button and watch all the current notes on the highway turn into played hits, thereby boosting your score and multiplier immediately.

Most of these powers just feel like get out of jail free cards.
Quote:
Score Chaser: If you're such an amazing axe-wielder that just regular score multipliers won't cut it, Score Chaser will actually double the maximum multiplier cap.

So Double Multiplier?
Quote:
Safety Net: This Hero Power provides a little security just in case you stumble off the note highway. Your multiplier and score streak will remain at their current values, regardless of your missing a note.

Actually kinda useful, I remember this from WOR and I thought it was definitely a good idea.
Quote:
Invincibility: You are the supreme master of GHTV, as all notes are temporarily played automatically and missing a note does not impact your score. Behold your awesome power.

So basically "I want to take a break for a few seconds so I'm going to tilt my guitar".

All in all, this kinda reinforces what I thought before: This game is NOT for people who are in love with the old system. It looks like it's a LOT more casualized which isn't inherently a bad thing, but it worries me.

parzrevenge wrote:
stop trying to be pieman 2015
toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>...How would this work on Veteran?

GH3 mode activate!
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like regular old double multiplier is still the best way to go.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Invincibility: You are the supreme master of GHTV, as all notes are temporarily played automatically and missing a note does not impact your score. Behold your awesome power.
Wait, if all the notes are being played automatically, it's impossible to miss a note, isn't it?

Anyway all of these outside of the two about multipliers (which seem to be the same thing?) are casual babby shit so that's super lame

not really surprising though

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 33 of 69

Jump to: