ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Engine differences across consoles?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:02 am    Post subject: Engine differences across consoles? Reply with quote

I noticed there were a LOT more Wii scores in the top scores for WoR Vocals and barely any 360, which are almost all talkies songs. On GH5 however, it's the other way around; there are literally no top scores from Wii, all of them being from 360 and PS2. Also, I've noticed that, on Wii, GH5 is much harder to play than WoR. This makes me wonder:

1. Is GH5 easier to play on 360/PS2 than on Wii?
2. Is WoR easier to play on Wii than on 360/PS3?
3. On 360/PS3, is WoR easier to play than GH5?

I've seen rumors from five years ago that WoR was easier on Wii, but I need a real answer.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
Midnight-Rider  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't speak for the first two but I find WoR's vocal engine to be a bit easier than 5's. I can FC All the Right Moves, Love in an Elevator, and A Classic Case of Transference with a decent bit of consistency on WoR, while I tried them on 5 to no avail.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MidniteRidr2
The-B.O.D.  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In every vocals game the engine is more lenient on wii/ps2 than 360/ps3, most noticeably on WOR.
arvain  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine differences across consoles? Reply with quote

UndeadFil13QC wrote:
1. Is GH5 easier to play on 360/PS2 than on Wii?
2. Is WoR easier to play on Wii than on 360/PS3?
3. On 360/PS3, is WoR easier to play than GH5?

I've seen rumors from five years ago that WoR was easier on Wii, but I need a real answer.

1. 360/PS3 I assume you meant. I'd say it's pretty much the same. Just made more annoying on wii because of that pointer (isn't it a small star or something, instead of the yellow dot?) and the vertical bar.

2. Yes, much.

3. Yes. I evaluate BH to be a bit easier than gh5, and WoR to be even easier. It's especially true when you're chilling on WoR, then you go back to gh5 : YIKES you actually have to stay focused xD Somehow, pronounciation is more accepting on WoR : you don't have to hum your way through a phrase made of short words. If OWoA was on WoR, you could actually pronounce "i'm gonna get'cha get'cha get'cha get'cha". On gh5, nop.

Important notes : the scoring works differently on WoR Wii. I don't know exactly how, since I don't own it on wii, but it simply gives more points. A lot more, even with identical paths. That's why top scores are almost only wii. Talkies are apparently not affected by this, hence the all talkies songs having a more decent distribution of platforms.

GH5 seemed more annoying on wii, score-wise. Again, I don't own it, but from all the videos I used to watch back then, it looked like vocal "ticks" were dropped on wii, and not on 360/ps3.
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies.

So, from what I understand, Wii scores a lot more on WoR and that is probably because it is much, MUCH easier to actually get a good percentage on every pitched phrase. I honestly don't believe it could score more otherwise, since talkies are unaffected.

And now, for the reason there are literally no top scores coming from Wii on GH5. It must be because there is exactly one actual good vocalist on Wii, or at least one that really tried and went for the FGFC. So it's pretty much the same thing as on guitar on most games where Wii is just unpopular. You can hardly tell if those with a WoR FGFC on Wii are actually good since it's THAT easy...

Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
arvain  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much.

There might be a sick twist to the overly high scores on WorWii though, aside from ticks being easier to get : maybe on 360 the words look filled so you think you get every ticks, but actually aren't so you don't... whereas on Wii, they really are, so you do. Which would also mean, for the SP phrases : you get a tiny bit more SP, making some squeezes possible on wii that aren't on 360. Speculations here. But my paths on Again and Fortunate Son were NOT off, so yeah.

... not to mention sometimes, you have to push A after the end of the phrase but it (somehow) counts it as x8, and the activation stretches juuuust a pixel longer, allowing you to get one more phrase as x8 at the end. I remember that happening on Deadfall, (pretty annoying to pull off), and Part7 too. So if Wii gets you more SPticks, it might make other paths possible for a bunch of songs on that platform, who knows.

Anyway, most of my WoRvox scores are bad and I should feel bad for not reduxing them after almost 5 years.

PS : btw are the SP phrases on wii the same as on 360/ps3 ? I assume it would've been spotted by now, but owell, had to ask.

PS2 : you can't tell if RB2 fgfcs are actually good either, since it's even easier like WT drums compared to RB drums hehe! (not hating or anything. I like rb2 vox and WTdrums engine, but I simply saw it myself, and I did spend way enough time on those to notice how forgiving they are)
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the SP phrases are all the same from what I've seen.

To be honest, the scoring difference feels totally unfair to me and keeps me uninterested in squeezing and competitive scoring. Guess I'll just go for FCs and never come back to it again...

arvain wrote:
you can't tell if RB2 fgfcs are actually good either, since it's even easier

Guess I'll go for RB2 next, then. How about nope ty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: