ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero II on Xbox 360 - NTSC to PAL?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TOCS  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:18 pm    Post subject: Guitar Hero II on Xbox 360 - NTSC to PAL? Reply with quote

I got the game today for my PAL Slim Xbox 360 and it seems to work alright. However, I've been reading that due to the lower strum limit imposed by the NTSC version of the game, it becomes ridiculously difficult if not impossible to FC certain songs such as Trogdor. I really want to do a FGFC on the Xbox 360 at some point.

The game says NTSC on the disk and it was bought from Amazon UK which baffles me a little considering PAL is the standard in the UK.

Is there any way to check if it's actually NTSC and/or is there a way to change it from NTSC to PAL?

Thanks.
ThunderShade  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What matters is whether the display is at 50 or 60 Hz. On 360, you can run the Rock Band games at 50 Hz but not GH2. This is why apparently only one person has FC'd Trogdor on 360, and the way he claimed to do it was by using a TV so old that it forced the output to 50 Hz.

TOCS  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see. Most modern TVs have settings that allow for a 50 Hz display though. If people where eager enough, why wouldn't they just tinker with the refresh rate and FC the song?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: