ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero Live - New Guitar Hero Game (360/X1/PS3/PS4/WiiU + Mobile)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an awful song selection. Might be the worst I've seen yet for a main game, and that is ignoring the fact that they are cutting the amount of songs nearly in half. It's so transparent that they are trying to push people towards putting money towards GHTV.

I don't even know anymore if I'm going to get the game. Probably best to wait awhile or see if the game just tanks and buy it cheap. Aside from the gameplay that might be fun, nearly every other aspect of the game just seems to be purposefully trying to disappoint me.
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
TerminX13 wrote:
Do we know if XBL/PS+ is required to play GHTV on Xbone/PS4?

Yes, you need it. It's online multiplayer
Well this combined with that excessively weak on disc selection killed the fleeting interest I had

Thanks Acti

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
PowerM3tal  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
What an awful song selection. Might be the worst I've seen yet for a main game, and that is ignoring the fact that they are cutting the amount of songs nearly in half. It's so transparent that they are trying to push people towards putting money towards GHTV..

Same. This is just depressing and embarrassing. That setlist is an insult to every main series game setlist, even GH5.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: powerm3tal
sukergod  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not up to date with GHL at all but am I right in assuming that you need to buy Live to play the GHTV songs on the 360 and One? What about the Wii U, since that is free, does it still have the option to play GHTV?

Thanks
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some italian store or something streamed the game yesterday.

http://imgur.com/a/Bui6s

Last 10 pics are from the Live part (with the last 6 being the setlist)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sukergod wrote:
Not up to date with GHL at all but am I right in assuming that you need to buy Live to play the GHTV songs on the 360 and One? What about the Wii U, since that is free, does it still have the option to play GHTV?

Thanks

The Wii U version should be free to play GHTV. It's why I was considering grabbing it on that when I was more interested. Certainly haven't heard anything about the Wii U version lacking online capabilities.
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

200 songs in GHTV day one apparently
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2015/10/16/the-curious-case-of-activisions-guitar-hero-live-and-the-missing-dlc/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kubuh wrote:
200 songs in GHTV day one apparently
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2015/10/16/the-curious-case-of-activisions-guitar-hero-live-and-the-missing-dlc/

Would've been nice had like 30 or 40 of those had been actually on the disk, but it is quite a selection. I feel I might be too weak willed to hold out on the game, cause I do want to experience the new gameplay. I guess I'll just wait for release to double check that the Wii U version comes out fine.

*EDIT*
Side note, but what mic's work with this? Do the previous ones just work since they are USB? I think I have still a RB or GH one around here somewhere, maybe in one of my storage boxes. Not sure if I can get anyone to sing at one of our local game meetups, but its handy to have I guess.

Should also specify that does a mic from GH or RB past that was for the 360/PS3 work on a Wii U version...
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is true that getting tokens in GHTV is as easy as that article says, than it might not be too bad. I would be upset if there is no way to practice the song, but to have access to 200 more songs without having to spend hundreds more dollars would be pretty nice. We'll see how it is next week I guess.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So long as there's some static way of earning credits from playing the channels or on disc songs that isn't ridiculous it will be alright. But if it's a situation in which earning tokens is a chore, or becomes increasingly difficult as leveling up becomes more and more rare it could be a shitshow. It also depends heavily on what those channels are like. If it's like pop/rock/metal split where you're going to still like 70% of what you're playing to earn credits that's great. If it's a situation where they did some deals with record companies to force you to play the crappy bands they're trying to put over in order to earn the credits for songs you like, or to "encourage" you to buy Herobuxtm it'll be terrible. It's rather I get this close to a games release and have such a loose grasp on whether it'll be great or terrible.
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
sukergod wrote:

Thanks

The Wii U version should be free to play GHTV. It's why I was considering grabbing it on that when I was more interested. Certainly haven't heard anything about the Wii U version lacking online capabilities.

I hope PS+ isn't needed because I specifically changed my pre-order due to this fact. Not paying for online

MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nearly every game you play online requires XBL or PS+ to play. I think I've heard of some possible exceptions, particularly MMO's I believe, but with forced payment for multiplayer, it's always a downside to the Xbone and PS4 compared to the Wii U. Not that it says anything about the better service, it's just that PC and Wii U don't charge people to play online which is very nice. It's the main reason I was considering the Wii U version.
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you play on pc you're gonna be paying a monthly fee eventually, just make peace with it at this point.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly am way too excited to get my hands on the guitar and just become a shut-in. Has anyone heard from their local stores if they'll be doing a midnight release for the game? I'll be asking my store when I pay off the game today, just looking to see if other places may be hinting at an early release.

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything online on PS4 except F2P stuff and games with subscriptions require PS+. I'm just happy it's not an issue for me since I have PS+ for the free games anyway, would definitely be really annoying otherwise.
PS3 and WiiU should definitely both be completely free.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 49 of 69

Jump to: