ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Squeezing in GH:Live

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ukog-monkey  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:07 am    Post subject: Squeezing in GH:Live Reply with quote

So until last night I thought squeezing in this game was dead. However I was wrong! Here are some things I noticed which can help you guys get better scores! Some of you may already know this info, but I just thought a topic would make it well known for others.

It turns out it is way easier than other games with the whammy bar being useless. Might as well cut it off. But you probably all knew that.

Like previous games, to get squeezes you have to hit the first note activating Hero Power late and then the note you want to squeeze in early. However this is where it gets a little complicated...

The game tries to predict what note your Hero Power will end on. If star power ends right in the middle or later of the last notes timing window it will be blue, any earlier then it won't be blue. However you can still get or miss the squeeze depending on when you hit the note...

So that means If the note you want to squeeze in isn't blue you can still get it, as long as you hit the note early. Also if the last note is blue you can still miss the squeeze if you hit it late.

The only problem with all this is that there is no way of really telling if you hit a squeeze as the flame never changes colour for sp notes. So if you want to see what squeezes you can get you better start checking your scores throughout songs.

TLDR - Ignore the games fancy sp shit that ends on a certain note, you can sometimes squeeze more than the last blue it says it will end on.

If you guys think I'm wrong or have anything else to share let us know below !
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ti monkey75 PSN Name: MonkeyOnABike
sislermi  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Squeezing in GH:Live Reply with quote

[quote="ukog-monkey"]The game tries to predict what note your Hero Power will end on. If star power ends right in the middle or later of the last notes timing window it will be blue, any earlier then it won't be blue. However you can still get or miss the squeeze depending on when you hit the note...quote]

You mean when you hit a note early at the end of a squeeze....the note won't be blue but that doesn't mean you didn't get the squeeze?
superspaz117  

Location: Pluto, occasionally hiding from Jesus in the centre of the sun

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair I always assumed this to be the case, it is also helpful in letting you know exactly which note you need to squeeze.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Squeezing in GH:Live Reply with quote

[quote="sislermi"]
ukog-monkey wrote:
The game tries to predict what note your Hero Power will end on. If star power ends right in the middle or later of the last notes timing window it will be blue, any earlier then it won't be blue. However you can still get or miss the squeeze depending on when you hit the note...quote]

You mean when you hit a note early at the end of a squeeze....the note won't be blue but that doesn't mean you didn't get the squeeze?

Basically any squeeze that requires you to hit the last note early won't be blue, and the only way of knowing if you hit the squeeze is by checking your score throughout the song.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ti monkey75 PSN Name: MonkeyOnABike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: