ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Early Whammy Help (GH2)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sislermi  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject: Early Whammy Help (GH2) Reply with quote

Okay, so I have the hardest time with this. It's not that I'm bad at it, it's just that I'm so easily tricked into thinking that I did it well when I do it...when in reality it wasn't even close to how well it could have been.

Here's where I struggle....

1) When there's a grace note, or close notes in front of the note to be early whammy'd. If the whole goal is to hit the note as early as possible, what is a good way to get these notes out of the way?

2) Are there any fundamentals I should be concerned about? Like not starting to whammy at the precise time (i.e. there would be too much delay between the note being hit and the whammy starting)

3) Are there any glitches or tricks in this game for sp that maybe would help?

Any help here would be much appreciated!
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm it's been a while since I've had to early whammy, but I do have a fair amount of experience. For grace notes, it can help to strum them, like do a quick DU strum and immediately start whammying: in some cases you can hit the note earlier than you possibly could by hammering it on, thus maximizing your early whammy. From what I remember there are certain situations where if you start whammying too early (before hitting the note, for example) the whammy won't register at all. It's honestly a matter of practice makes perfect, see how early you can hit the note and start whammying and find out what works best for you. A lot of squeezes don't necessarily need 100% early whammy so if you get enough for the squeeze that works at least. Good luck!
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
sislermi  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
Hm it's been a while since I've had to early whammy, but I do have a fair amount of experience. For grace notes, it can help to strum them, like do a quick DU strum and immediately start whammying: in some cases you can hit the note earlier than you possibly could by hammering it on, thus maximizing your early whammy. From what I remember there are certain situations where if you start whammying too early (before hitting the note, for example) the whammy won't register at all. It's honestly a matter of practice makes perfect, see how early you can hit the note and start whammying and find out what works best for you. A lot of squeezes don't necessarily need 100% early whammy so if you get enough for the squeeze that works at least. Good luck!

Thanks, but what about areas where there are notes (hammeron's) before the note making it hard to hit early?

For example in You Really Got Me (GH2), before the third squeeze there are two early whammy's and the first one is super hard because of this, how do you hit this early?
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sislermi wrote:
alexhaz64 wrote:

Thanks, but what about areas where there are notes (hammeron's) before the note making it hard to hit early?

For example in You Really Got Me (GH2), before the third squeeze there are two early whammy's and the first one is super hard because of this, how do you hit this early?

You basically have to hit the entire section early and whammy immediately upon hitting the last hold. That's my strategy anyways.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: