Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Bone/Riddo: Quick update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn 1B FC... you'll be top ten in 80's when you get that! I think I need to go and try to learn BiM/BB so you don't just blow past me on the leaderboards lol.

But holy crap, less than a page ago when I asked what's your best on 1b you didn't want to talk about it to boom FC!

Best of luck on the FGFC! If you get BB, 200/211 will require even less GH1 FC's.

Edit: I'm quite confident you'll hit 40/47 I'd say... 38/40 Would be just playing the song a few times. You'll hit 200/211 before me I feel. Though I may have gotten patience and I have... maybe spent ~14 hours on three songs to increase the score...
BoneDeath  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small text update because it's been a while lol.

So yeah, I hit 68 million points overall for the original 211 expert songs, wahey. The 16th person on bushidox's leaderboards to do so, and moved into 13th place as well with the latest update. Sorry, Pinkie

Going to keep working at some of these GH1 FC's that I'm missing to hit 200, currently have one-miss runs on Crossroads, You Got Another Thing Comin', Symphony of Destruction and Cowboys From Hell (wat) and close to multiple others like Cheat on the Church, All of This and Guitar Hero. Also have a few loleasy ones to do in the bonus tier.

Haven't really touched GH2 or 80's in the past couple of weeks, wasn't really getting anywhere with Jordan or Ballroom Blitz so I decided I could use a break from them. More progress to come!

EDIT: These happened just now ^_^ 191 FC's!

GH1 FC's: 42/47 | GH2 FC's: 73/74 | 80's FC's: 29/30 | GH3 FC's: 68/70

BoneDeath  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of things are starting to click for me in GH1 the past couple of days, another 4 FC's to add to the total today:

Easy enough, the last time I played this I thought I FC'd the song but apparently I missed a note and didn't realise lmao. Corrected that mistake now.

First try run today, it's really not that hard so I'm not sure why I struggled with it so much before. Pretty trash SP but not too fussed about that.

Holy fuck this was a nerve-wracking FC. Managed to mess up my strum pattern twice in the last solo and I'm not sure how I recovered both times without missing. Very happy with this one ^_^

Choked on this the run before with ~15 notes remaining in the song, took a break and knocked it out the run after thankfully. I love the song but it was super annoying to try to FC.

So, that takes the FC total to 195/211, getting very close to the 200 mark! In terms of progress on my unFC'd GH1 songs, I currently have another loleasy song in Farewell Myth to revisit, one miss runs on Cowboys, Fly on the Wall, Spanish Castle Magic, All of This and Cheat on the Church, and a two miss run on Decontrol. There's 5 very gettable FC's in there, so hopefully it won't take too much longer to knock those out. Watch this space!

PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, pretty damn sure you have me beat here. Though... hmm. Yeah you got me beat mate. One day I'll get Raining Blood/Gr2r/FiU/H18.... to get 200/211 lol. You have /so/ many points to get on GH1, that other than me actually getting the FGFC, I don't believe I'll get ahead of you Race to top 10? You've got 200/211 in the bag I feel. Just don't beat my Ziggy Stardust score :p
BoneDeath  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkiePie91 wrote:
Yeah, pretty damn sure you have me beat here. Though... hmm. Yeah you got me beat mate. One day I'll get Raining Blood/Gr2r/FiU/H18.... to get 200/211 lol. You have /so/ many points to get on GH1, that other than me actually getting the FGFC, I don't believe I'll get ahead of you Race to top 10? You've got 200/211 in the bag I feel. Just don't beat my Ziggy Stardust score :p

I'm not sure how much of GH1 I want to redo, just getting the FC's themselves on that game are hard enough without worrying about making a good attempt at the SP path >_< I think your Ziggy Stardust score is safe :P

Update time:

FC #196, an awful quality photo for an awful quality song, lol.

FC #197, this too so-so-so-so much longer than it should have, the strum pattern for the last solo is dead easy but I kept messing it up. The picture is also a still-cap from a video which I may upload ^_^

FC #198! Took ~5 or so tries today, very happy that I managed to get it done quick-ish. Almost a choke in the outro, but held it together.

FC #199!! I did have a top tier choke on this one, missing the green after the trill at the end. Thankfully put it all together the next run. Getting this was super satisfying. So, one FC away from that 200 FC goal. Holy crap it's close.

I still have one miss runs on Cheat on the Church and Cowboys From Hell to rectify, and I now have a one miss run on Decontrol too from yesterday, although I missed the post-solo whammy so the score was lower than my two-miss run.

I don't know if it'll be a GH1 song to get me to 200 FC's, I feel like I'm starting to hit a skill barrier for that game again, so it might be GH2 or GH3 to push us over the line. Looking at the FC breakdown for the guitar only games, Cheat on the Church is by far the "easiest" song I have remaining, although I'm still yet to FC the YBO triplet-things. I feel I'm closer to getting Cowboys From Hell, as I have hit every hard section of that song at least 5 times now.

After editing the guitar-only FC breakdown a bit to reduce it to the original 211, here's what I have left:

184) Cheat on the Church (GH1)
196) Cowboys From Hell (GH1)
197) Texas Flood (GH1)
198) Decontrol (GH1)
204) Get Ready 2 Rokk (GH1)
205) Trogdor (PAL) (GH2)
206) Fire It Up (GH1)
207) Jordan (GH2)
208) Bark At The Moon (GH1)
209) Ballroom Blitz (GH80s)
210) One (GH3)
211) Through The Fire And Flames (GH3)

Clearly the GH1 songs need to be higher ranked in general. :P It's safe to say the list is pretty spot on with the order really, the only thing I'd change from it is swapping Misirlou (currently 199) with Texas Flood (197), I'm still not sure why I find Texas Flood so hard but I'm yet to do better than a 3 miss run on it.

Wish me luck for #200, I'm going to need it.

Jellu  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I wish I had that many opportunities left in GH1 for #200. I think CotC is definitey the easiest there. The YBO triplets to me were never really a problem (pretty sure I used a lot of hopos there, like only strumming yellows or something). I hope you can figure it out! And if not, you can always grind out that CfH for that sweet 200

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn, you're knocing 'em up quickly ! congratz, wish you luck for the remaining songs.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to look into those triplets again, I hadn't thought about using the HOPO's there. I use HOPO's for the triplets in the first verse of GR2R so it shouldn't be too much of a stretch from there. Cheers for the support guys!

I did another couple of things tonight that aren't really worth updating the OP for; got a The Way it Ends FC on the 360 with a much better score, and after 9 years of sitting on 69/70 for GH3M, TTFAF finally fell to give me my first FGFC, lol. I gave up on it back in 2008 but I can't exactly say I haven't been trying since then, started going for it again sporadically in late 2015 >_< so many silly one-miss runs in that time. Wahey!

BoneDeath  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small update, and it's not O211-related :O

I was messing around a bit with GH5 today to get a feel for the engine, as that will likely be the next game I work on after doing my O211 goals, and I accidentally did this:

Well, the 2nd hardest FC on that game is out of the way now.

BoneDeath  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Choked 3 notes from the end of CotC. I want to choke myself.

(FC coming in a little bit, hopefully...)

EDIT: Story time...

I had spent an hour on Cowboys From Hell earlier this morning to no avail so I switched over to this, still having not hit that YBO triplet set. I had a LOT of trouble with the solo before verse 2 today which was odd, but after I managed to get an attempt going past there, I hit the YBO triplet things for the first time (something just kind of clicked, I shifted up to position 3 and it just became so much easier) and then plinked pretty much instantly in the next part of the solo. Oops >_<

Next run, I managed to FC past the triplets again, got all the way to the last measure and missed three notes from the end of the song (I guess I strummed the gallop too early? I have no fucking clue how I missed there). Quite easily the most notorious choke I've ever had.

They say the third time is the charm, though:

So yeah, there we have it. 200 FC's. Holy hell I actually managed to do it. ^_^

I don't really have a goal in mind to set myself from here, might have a bit more of a crack at GH5 but I don't want to outright commit myself to another long term goal just now. I'm certainly done playing GH1 for quite a while though lol, that engine frustrates me to no end. Might just play customs for fun for a week or so

Jellu  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I actually choked in the last gallop of CotC once, too xD luckily it wasn't for #200 for me though. Huge congratz!
BoneDeath  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jellu wrote:
Wow, I actually choked in the last gallop of CotC once, too xD luckily it wasn't for #200 for me though. Huge congratz!

Wow, at least I'm not the only one to do that! Makes it slightly less annoying haha. Cheers though, it's been a long time in the making.

Quick 80's update: Took Ballroom Blitz 1B into practice and hit it twice in three tries. Went to do FC attempts and I've just hit a -1 run, missed the last note of 1B before the chord. On video too >_< I will try and get this FC today, it feels like it's super close.

EDIT: A -2 run, missed the 2nd last note this time as well >_<

EDIT 2: Done for now, got a couple more -2/-3 runs but I haven't hit the last note before the SP phrase once. Will be spending a lot of time on this, my -1 run was on pace for a 1st place score so that's quite motivating for me right now. May upload the -1 run at some point tonight.

EDIT 3: My glorious reaction to the plink: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elsfTMl9Oj8

Last edited by BoneDeath on Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if you're aware, but you are quite decent at hitting notes my friend. I wish you well in your future endeavours to hit more notes consecutively without breaking your combo to further advance your credentials as a person who is well versed in hitting notes in a video game with a plastic guitar in hand~
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
BoneDeath  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psxfreak101 wrote:
I'm not sure if you're aware, but you are quite decent at hitting notes my friend. I wish you well in your future endeavours to hit more notes consecutively without breaking your combo to further advance your credentials as a person who is well versed in hitting notes in a video game with a plastic guitar in hand~

This comment is glorious.

Haha, cheers psx, I'm not quite at your peak levels of competence at holding a combo during a song on a plastic guitar-controlled video game, but I'm getting kind of close I think.

Come fly down to Victoria and FC Trogdor for me please >_<

PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching that was fucking brutal, I'm so sorry man. But I think that proves 100% you can get the GH:80's FGFC! Which is an insane one. Also, may have left some rambling in the guitar leaderboard thread that I thought I was posting on here...

Best of luck my friend! I know you can do it!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: