ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero 3 Acting Weird

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpartaX18  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Guitar Hero 3 Acting Weird Reply with quote

Hello, fellows!

Today i have launched the game, went on to play a song and couldn't hit a note! Well, okay, i could hit some of them. But it played just like in the precision mode.
The error margin became tiny and the problem was accompanied by nonexistence of the flames (you know, when you hit a note).
Another oddity i have observed is when i tried calibrating video lag, the "targets", or so to speak, would go down at twice the speed they're supposed to.
Interestingly, whammy seems to work at double pace as well. I could barely sqeeze any additional starpower, because it'd go from no-to-full-whammy nearly instantly.

I don't have a slightest idea what may have caused this. I have all of the cheats (aside from hyperspeed, set to 3), including the precision mode disabled. Everything in settings and custom menu is the way it's always been. I thought that maybe i screwed something up in GHTCP by accident, but i was unable to find anything that would prove this case true.
I tried re-opening the game too, obviously. I just hope i don't have to reinstall the game (i'm a lazy bastard).
mninp  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense mate, but I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

Are you saying that when you try to calibrate it, the game gets very choppy and glitches out a lot?

Then it could be your disc...
SpartaX18  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, no offense taken. Let me reiterate everything...

I opened the game yesterday and all of a sudden:
1)Hitting notes became a little more difficult - it requires more precision now.
2)The flame sprite that appears when you hit a note has disappeared.
3)The whammy mechanic now works way faster - sustain notes go "thick" in an instant; they immediately go back to normal ("thin") too.
4)The circles you're supposed to hit to the rhythm in video calibration move more rapidly

Points 1-3 surfaced before i tried calibrating.

I hope it's all clear now. The issue is still very much relevant.
SpartaX18  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

Everything appears to have been fixed right now. All i had to do was to force v-sync on. Which is bizarre, considering i've never had to do it to play normally. What sucks though, is that now i barely hit 60fps.
I know this is an outlandish hypothesis, but i think it may have something to do with GH:Aerosmith. I have recently installed it and obviously, i had to force v-sync on it, because of the fretboard glitch. It was around that time that GH3 began behaving the way i described it. The only connection i could think of is GHTCP, but i'm not sure (i mean, it just sounds unreal, but i really have no other idea).

So thread closed, i guess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: