ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
How do I get the singer to sing in custom songs?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
killtheworld  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: How do I get the singer to sing in custom songs? Reply with quote

I have an idea to do that, it may sound ridiculous but it's something.

I think you can get your webcam or camera or something and record your mouth singing,{YES THAT'S WHAT I SAID } {plus you need to know the lyrics} and get a program{I'm thinking of trying to make this sort of program} that will then make a PAK, PAB, XEN, or BAK file and then the game will influence the movements of your mouth and tranfer data from the BAK, PAB, PAK, or XEN file {your video} and then transfer it into an animation of the singer's mouth moving. And of course the singer will walk up and hold the microphone then start singing.

Enough? Well it's a suggestion...

If anyone can try to make this program , well, it would make custom songs look way better.

EDIT: Also, i'll try and make that program that'll also make a PAK, PAB, BAK, XEN and now a .VOC file
HunterXyron1134  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EPIC. That would be amazing.

Ill just have to buy a webcam first...xD.

But i will totally help if you ca extract the .VOC or whatever...

My Youtube | iPhone RockBand Customs Research | My Twitter, with my GH/RB updates!
SThorpe wrote:

so did anyone get to touch Matt's Banstick? O_o

EviLize wrote:

Yeah, while he was playing pop'n I was playing around with it for a little bit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TehMinja1134
ragnorky  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

major bump, i'm sorry for that, but i was thinking something along the lines of using a mocap suit, recording mouth movements to 3ds max and then have some sort of export plugin that exports to PAK, XEN or VOC.

GHWT FC: 3781 - 2907 - 9191
GH3 FC: 5112 - 3596 - 6384
Brawl FC: 4296 - 4610 - 8054
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 378129079191
3DDCharter  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Band Animations Reply with quote

I think it can be possible by using Anvil Studio, Because I study the GH2 Charts exporting By GhExplorer and making tests and tests, so I got, I learned how to make Singer and Drummers Play at my Custom Chart!!!
But in GH3, the events are not the same, so I can't learn this because The Program that I use to extract the Original's GH3 Charts delete all events, So exist some events that noboby knows that will make the singer and drummers play at your custom chart, But nobody never do nothing, I think that can be like from GH5 Charts, because opening the original's mid in the Anvil Studio you can see a track for the Singer and has lyrics in this track, Drummer I think is controled by Notes, BUT I DON'T KNOW BECAUSE I NEVER TEST A GH5 CHART ON GH3 BECAUSE I CAN'T! ( Can Anyone do this? )

Here's GH5 DLC link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?njwz4tzz0mz
(Open this MID (MID, Don't save it to chart -.-) in your Anvil Studio and study maybe you can Learn and tell to everybody and make the custom charts looks like Original Charts, maybe you can change the color of the world! ^^

Here is my tutorial teaching how to make GH2 Charts with band animations: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=99322&highlight=
channjose  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tested it and it works perfect but the singer doesnt do anything, just the default movements
bakonfreek  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TSorbera wrote:
ragnorky wrote:
EamonValda wrote:
u dont

wtf? if the people at GH can do it, so can normal people
Theoretically, yes, but do you want to try and look at the files and reverse engineer it so you can make a program that lets people make it?
The thing is, of course it's theoretically possible, but it hasn't been figured out yet.

it was figured out back in 2006, before guitar hero 2 even, by someone who just wanted to put
"the stroke" by billy squire in guitar hero 1, he even said in his video discription that he added singer data, and he indeed did add it, but he won't tell how he did it!
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: d00m7985 PSN Name: d00m7985
bidomo  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject: Is it late to revive? Reply with quote

I didn't really wanted to revive an old thread, but is a lot better to get everything in the same place...

The Chart file doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the animations of the Singer...

A regular Guitar Chart is like 150KB minimum
A chart with band animations is like 600kb
A chart with singer animations is above the 2 megabytes mark.
(the chart is stored in .qb format)

Seems to me the animations for the singer comes from the .ska files, and I don't know a thing about that format, but a google search mentioned something about them belonging to the midi family...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: bidomo PSN Name: bidomo
RussellGuitarGuy  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been wanting to do this with the custom songs. Any way to do this in the PC version of GH3?
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RussellGuitarGuy wrote:
I have been wanting to do this with the custom songs. Any way to do this in the PC version of GH3?

Nope. The issue is, nobody cares really. Most people just play with a black background anyway.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: