ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar hero 3 can't make account
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Punger  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Guitar hero 3 can't make account Reply with quote

Hi, I need help!

I can't create an account on guitar hero 3 online, i've tried different names and passwords but it just says "Server Configuration Error" imediately when pressing Enter and the only option is "try again"

Are the online servers taken down or something? How do I fix this
tannernieland11  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: Guitar hero 3 can't make account Reply with quote

Punger wrote:
Hi, I need help!

I can't create an account on guitar hero 3 online, i've tried different names and passwords but it just says "Server Configuration Error" imediately when pressing Enter and the only option is "try again"

Are the online servers taken down or something? How do I fix this

Online servers are definitely still running. Idk maybe its your internet.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: tanman21234543
Punger  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm :/ It's accepted on firewall and by my antivirus

Do people still play online pc?
darkness1337  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: This is annoying Reply with quote

Hey there Punger,

I'm having the exact same issue. I've got a legit game disc and all, but no matter what I fill into the new account creation fields it just comes back with "server configuration error". I doubt it's due to internet problems for both of us, so it must be their servers.. is anyone else here able to get online and if so did they have to do anything to workaround this? I'm running GH3 PC with the 1.3 Patch, thanks.
AbyssionQC  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The server is still up but you can no longer make accounts.

GH1 FC''s: 47/47 | GH2 FC''s: 64/64 | GH80''s FC''s: 30/30 | GH3 FC''s: 70/70 GHA FC''s: 41/41 | GHWT FC''s: 86/86
GHM FC''s: 49/49 | GHSH FC''s: 47/48 GH5 FC''s: 85/85 | GHVH FC''s: 47/47 | GHWoR FC''s: 91/93 | Total FC''s: 657/660

I totally didn''''t steal someone else''''s signature
darkness1337  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously?? Well crap I'll have two legit keys unused forever Why can we no longer make accounts? Any chance they'll re-activate the functionality? Would they take this issue into consideration if I email / contact them about it?
darkness1337  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Sent a message to Activision.com and left a message on their Reply with quote

16th March: Alright so I've sent them a message about this, and will also try ringing them tomorrow Hope they get back to me with a solution to this issue, here's what I sent them:

"Hello there,

I am a big fan of the Guitar Hero 3 game and ended up ordering two copies with out-of-the-box serial numbers for the game. I tried to create an online account with one of the serial numbers (I am certain I entered it correctly each time), but no matter what details I put in it keeps coming back with "SERVER CONFIGURATION ERROR" as shown in this image: http://darkquake.com/pub/GH3%20PC%20Online%20Problem.jpg

There's nothing else I can do, and it seems that accounts can no longer be created but the service is still up according to this forum post I participated in and started by someone else just two months ago who has been having the exact same problem:

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1803723#1803723

Please let me know, is there anything I can do to get my game working online with these serials? Otherwise they'll just remain unused forever!

Thanks very much..

-Daniel Carnovale"

17th March: Just called their UK number today and left a message, hopefully they'll call me back soon and I can describe the issue to them. I'll let you guys know what they say, I hope I get to use these serial keys!!

20th March: Alright seems to be going well so far I've gotten through to Activision support today after having left a message for them a few days back, and I spoke with Max. I described the issue to him and he said he will be sending me instructions on how to get the game working online (he's also aware I have two serials for the game). He checked that the Guitar Hero 3 PC servers are indeed up and running as usual, and that I should be able to make an account however I stated that I'm not the only person with this problem, I'm on a wired connection and all that.

In short, just a heads-up: It seems each customer will have to call up Activision in order to get their Guitar Hero 3 PC online accounts created, that's what I'm expecting anyway. It depends on what instructions he sends me, because if they don't involve anything else on Activision's side then I'll pass them on to you guys on this forum and you can try them same I'll keep you posted!

1st April: Hey guys, sorry for the delay but I was just waiting a while to see what response I would receive from them. I explained my issue very clearly to them on the "Activision Support Cases" page as follows (Sorry about the wrong order, just read from the bottom-up):

"Please reply to me as soon as possible regarding this issue, and take the time to read through everything I have mentioned here. I would very much love to start playing this game online, and I hope my serial keys will not simply remain unused forever!

Thankyou Daniel 3/24/2014 8:00 AM

Whoops I was unable to add the attachment, just follow the link to the image on my website please. Thanks. Daniel 3/20/2014 2:10 PM

Hello again Max, what you sent me was a general email for connectivity issues within a "Call of Duty game on your PC". This was not my issue. As I explained clearly over the phone, my issue was that when I try to create an online account in the "Guitar Hero III : Legends of Rock" game for PC, I am simply presented with the error message: "Server configuration error" as shown in the attached image or on my website: http://darkquake.com/pub/GH3%20PC%20Online%20Problem.jpg.

You assured me the Guitar Hero 3 PC servers were definitely online as expected, and I said I was on a direct wired connection to the router. I have no internet connectivity issues at all so that's not the cause of the problem, and I also said I'm not the only one having this problem.

I have been updating my post on a thread in the ScoreHero foums, so hopefully this thread will help demonstrate the problem more clearly (I'm the last poster there): http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1803991#1803991

I have purchased two copies of the game with legitimate serial keys, so I'm hoping that I can eventually get accounts created for them within this game and finally play online.

Thankyou for your time so far but I was hoping for a more comprehensive set of instructions to get specifically the Guitar Hero III : Legends of Rock game for PC running online for me using the two serial keys I have purchased.

The case number for our call was: 032 795 63

In short, the problem has not been resolved.. Daniel 3/20/2014 2:08 PM

Please follow the steps in the email to improve connectivity and finally connect to the server Maximiliano 3/20/2014 1:38 PM"

Today I called them up again to check the status of the issue. I spoke with Clarissa and provided my previous case number, and she told me the issue had been "escalated" which meant they have alerted the developers of the issue and will get back to me when they receive a response.

All seems to be going well, so hopefully they will get back to me soon and let me know the issue has been resolved. I hope that with me making the effort to resolve this issue for myself, I will have effectively resolved it for everyone else too :)

As usual, I'll keep you all updated as much as possible!

11th April: No major update, but my support case now has the status of "Escalated" as they mentioned over the phone, so it's further assurance that they're working on it
darkness1337  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: :( Reply with quote

Alright everyone, the issue has finally come to an end. They will not be bringing back the functionality of creating a new account, however the servers are definitely still running..

I'm going to return my copies soon to get a refund, but if anyone here is willing to give me their Guitar Hero 3 PC online account, or know of someone else who would gladly give it up, I will send over 6.99 British Pounds to them for it. I REALLY want to play this game online so if anyone's interested just PM me and I'll get back to you with my Skype details for further assurance. Thanks
mcanaloving  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: gh3 acc creation and custom songs Reply with quote

hi I'm also hav ing the same problem with guitar hero 3 legends of rock .but that's fine does anyone know how i can import my own custom songs too GH3 i'm having trouble with that for some time and watched endless clips on how too my version is 1.0.6.1578 or something tried songlist editor it saves all changes but when i enter the game there is nothing added. pleas help with this isssue i'm a hard slash expert player searching for new songs email me at plloots1@gmail.com if you can help just say where ure replying from thanx
lemonzak  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:32 pm    Post subject: gh3 Reply with quote

i try to make an account but all it says is server configuration error
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: gh3 Reply with quote

lemonzak wrote:
i try to make an account but all it says is server configuration error

AbyssionQC wrote:
The server is still up but you can no longer make accounts.

Wouldspark  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:56 am    Post subject: Hi i need help Reply with quote

When i try to create a account on gh3 what is the license it wont let me on without it
perrigosd  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi i need help Reply with quote

Wouldspark wrote:
When i try to create a account on gh3 what is the license it wont let me on without it

read the post above you
LocalH  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record guys, accounts can now be created again. You can even have multiple accounts per key (I think it's around 5), but only one of them can be online at once, if someone else using the same key logs in it will boot any others off.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
plumato  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnEg387XBmY

tutorial for playing customs online btw

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Plumato PSN Name: Plumato
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: