ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Unofficial ScoreHero Guitar GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 203, 204, 205 ... 217, 218, 219  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ihatebarracuda  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlasherManEXE wrote:
ihatebarracuda wrote:
Wow, I didn't realize there was that big of a gap between me and the next person on the left column. Looks like I have my work cut out for me.

Anyway, after 9 years, I'm finally starting to get into squeezing a little bit, lol. Look for improvements from me on a ton of songs, especially in GH3. Not really interested in re-FCing anything too difficult, but there's plenty of points to nab on easy songs. My short term goal is to make the gap between me and 1st <2,000 on all songs that I can easily FC. This will take a long time of course, but I'm finding it to be doable as I take them 1 by 1.

Are you going to learn the extended sustain glitch on WT+?

Explain? I'm aware of the glitch, never really tried it. Is it super hard to do or is there something about it that makes my goal unrealistic?

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ihatebarracuda
bushidox  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freebird post: Wow, 2000 posts, and nearly 10 years on the site, that's a lot. 201st Freebird, I figured there were more of us than that.

Nostalgia time. I first got into Guitar Hero in the summer of 2006 when I went to a wedding, and the relatives whom were in the wedding had it at their house. I enjoyed it, but didn't think too much of it until GH2 came out. In November of 2006, I bought a copy of both games and got two controllers so that I could play with other people. I was terrible at the game, and yet, I soon progressed up to Hard difficulty. I got 80s and GH3 as they came out, and it soon became a big attraction at my place, where I was already entertaining my group of friends. I remember clearly the debate between WT and RB, and decided to take the plunge and buy Rock Band. However, I waited, until I realized that they would no longer be making backwards compatible PS3s, and bought the last one in the St. Louis area, and Rock Band as a full band bundle that same night, back in October of 2007.

We quickly changed Friday nights to Rock Band night, and we began a 4 person band. About 6 months went by and I decided to join this site to start entering scores. We started small, just playing Medium, but by the time RB2 had come out, we had graduated to Hard. We wore those first instruments out, terrible mics, 1st gen drums that were truly hit or miss and the abysmal first gen RB stratocasters. Not having any choice in instruments at the time, with Red Octane and Harmonix not playing nice, we were pleasantly surprised when the GH controllers started working on RB. We then bought World Tour, tried the GH drums vs the RB drums and decided we preferred the four lanes. We quickly added more instruments to the mix. At the time of this writing I have: 2 GH1 controllers, 3 wired GH2 PS2 controllers, 1 wireless GH2 controller, a GH3 wired PS2 controller, 2 WT wireless PS3 controllers, the Logitech wooden button WT guitar, 2 GH5/BH/VH guitars, 2 RB1 strats, 3 RB2 strats, 1 RB3 strat, 1 RB4 strat, 1 GH mic, 1 RB1 mic, 1 RB 2 mic, 2 Logitech wireless microphones, 1 RB4 mic, 1 RB1 drum kit (broken), 1 RB2 drum kit (broken), 1 RB3 drum kit (on its last legs), 1 GH 5/BH/VH drum kit, and 1 RB4 drum kit with cymbals, 1 RB Keyboard for PS3, and the pro guitar (not the mustang) whew.

Next, we played all the RB games to death, got GD, TBRB, LRB, AC/DC, and RB3 and played them all exhaustively as a band. About that time, real life drama broke up the fake Rock Band, and so we no longer had Rock Band night, sometime around 2013. After the GH market crashed I bought the other games, and even the DS games. A bit of time passed and RB4 was announced. I bought a PS4 just for the game (I still only own 4 games for the PS4), and a full band kit. We hated the launch issues, and as a result Rock Band night never really caught back on at my place . I started this thread over 7 years ago, the Bass one 6 years ago, the cross platform one 5 years ago, and just recently started the Rock Band leaderboards.

I would like to think that my rivalry leaderboards have done a fair bit of helping keep this site on life support, with most of the currently active players contributing to my threads and entering scores. I feel after all this time that many of you are friends, even though we may never have met in real life, and that you are my Score Hero family. It is always neat to see new achievements and FCs from you guys, and I have done my best to keep up the excitement by frequent updates. I myself have played a lot less plastic instruments as the years go by, but I do still play every couple of weeks.

I really need to get my scores in, and now that my other addiction of Diablo3 has reached its end I plan to. I have all the games except for the DJ hero and GHL games, a working PS2, PS3, PS4, DS, and both a projector and a CRT. I have exports for all the games, and thus have the maximum songs from the on-disc series for both platforms. I have some of my scores in, mostly for the lower difficulties, but void has been a big inspiration and I may try to put a score in for all difficulties and games. My proudest accomplishment to date, other than these boards, is likely my RB3 100% bass Expert score for Rainbow in the Dark, that I set during one of the League plays.
http://rockband.scorehero.com/rankings.php?game=9&platform=3&size=1&group=2&diff=4&vox=solo&song=3993&page=1&highlight=1

I have enjoyed my time on this site, and continue to enjoy maintaining these rivalry threads. Watching the Score Hero community grow, then fade into a shadow of itself was sad, but those of us that remain are pretty loyal to the games. I hope that you all have had as much fun with the games and rivalries as I have. If you made it this far, thanks for reading!
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548

Last edited by bushidox on Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihatebarracuda wrote:
SlasherManEXE wrote:
ihatebarracuda wrote:
Wow, I didn't realize there was that big of a gap between me and the next person on the left column. Looks like I have my work cut out for me.

Anyway, after 9 years, I'm finally starting to get into squeezing a little bit, lol. Look for improvements from me on a ton of songs, especially in GH3. Not really interested in re-FCing anything too difficult, but there's plenty of points to nab on easy songs. My short term goal is to make the gap between me and 1st <2,000 on all songs that I can easily FC. This will take a long time of course, but I'm finding it to be doable as I take them 1 by 1.

Are you going to learn the extended sustain glitch on WT+?

Explain? I'm aware of the glitch, never really tried it. Is it super hard to do or is there something about it that makes my goal unrealistic?

Nah, there's a trick to it. Basically, with ext sustain AB you get a tick burst at the end of sustain B as long as you let go of A before you hit B and B is held to the end.

conlan22  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushidox wrote:

I would like to think that my rivalry leaderboards have done a fair bit of helping keep this site on life support

This is most definitely true, for me at least. Ive gotten rid of all my GH games more than once only to come back and see this thread and feel the itch to go back through more songs with paths. Congrats on freebird status!
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on Freebird my friend! And yes, you are probably one of the only reasons why I continue to play. Outside of really enjoying the games, and this community. Would have never thought I'd be anywhere near the top of /any/ board. Yet, you and a fair bit of the community (Voide/Ultra/Slasher/Arvain/Drama/Cabanon/Bones/a lot more than my sleep-deprived brain can't remember at this moment) have kept me going. Would have never started with E-H/All instruments/FGFC's/etc. I bet I would just have 6-7 FGFC's? Yet I now have 77(?)! Which is still completely bonkers to me. So thank you from the bottom of my heart Bushi, and the rest of the community <3.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as long as you enjoy doing these boards, I'll be there to support them ! I may not have entered a score worthy to these boards lately since I'm doing DLC, but rest assured I will one day. I do have a specific goal in mind when it's all said and done but I wanna be sure to do it right.

If I by St. Louis one day, i'll let you know for sure and rock on a bit with you.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably never going to see you in STL (mostly because I don't have the time nor the inclination to go up there except for an occasional Cardinals game with my family), but you know where you can potentially find me in Jeff City.

(to sound selfish, goodness knows I need someone I know nearby who has the DLC I'm missing <_<.)

I do agree, though, that these boards are one of the things keeping us alive in this corner of the internet.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on Freebird, bushi! And how appropriate that it is commemorated in this thread Honestly, this has to be one of the most important threads in SH history, even if it did start past the prime of GH. I haven't contributed much at all in the past few years, but I'd have certainly given up the site/game much sooner if it wasn't for you and your awesome leaderboards, on-point analyses, and constant support. You are a treasure to this site, and I can 100% agree that as long as this leaderboard and scorehero as a whole is still around, I will be too.

Thanks for everything, man
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
bushidox  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leaderboards are up to date, for today, 10/12/2017, enjoy. There was action on all difficulties this update, always a good surprise. Starting on Easy, we had 18,294 points from voidedalive2x, and 74,257 from Mercurial on the Grand Total board. Next, for Medium, it was sjay with a massive haul of 7,063,923 points, moving him up several spots for his efforts. For Hard, we had conlan22 putting in scores for most of his missing ones, adding 2,230,817 points and getting him close to that top 4 club. Finally, for Expert, it was the wild west, with (180) points from alexhaz64, (576) points from UndeadFil13QC, 2,479 (208) points from PinkiePie91 with 52,159 points in Grand total thrown in, (2,844) points from FingerQuick, (3,672) points from xbillax, (14,968) points from ihatebarracuda, 47,629 points from Jellu, 329,286 points from karkid26, and 3,623,280 (33,372) points from smokyprogg mostly from GHL. Crazy changes all around, I will give the nod of the update to smoky for most Expert points and inspiring so many people to play the O211 this update. The competition for 1st is really heating up, with Undead putting in enough points to stay ahead of FingerQuick for now, but Pinkie is still making progress towards closing that gap. Will smoky get another FC/FGFC, will FingerQuick overtake Undead, stay tuned for the next update and find out.

As for me, work, Diablo3, pool, wedding. Work has been fairly quiet, with all the loose ends being tied up, most of the devices out for repair returned, etc. The only big change this time was changing our wifi over to a new SSID which meant I had to touch all 600 wifi devices at my locations over two days and repoint their wifi. Diablo3, I hit even my stretch goals, have all the gems leveled and releveled from augmenting, and just have pushing left to do, for the current season which ends in a week. Diablo3 will become a lot more interesting after the patch, where they will be buffing most of the good builds to make the gap to necro less ridiculous. The pool is officially in need of a new liner and walls, the water has dropped to about 18" (.5 meters) and its not happy. The wifi and I are considering replacing the components, getting a new pool, or swapping to a hot tub, lots of options to discuss. My brother's wedding went well, and they got off on their honeymoon with no issues. That's about it this update, until next time.
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
conlan22  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I think I have about 470k left to get out of GHL and then well see what happens from there. Im thinking back to GH1 before anything else so that I dont get used to hyperspeed again. I guess my long term goal for now would to move up to third in the first column
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

conlan22 wrote:
Yeah I think I have about 470k left to get out of GHL and then well see what happens from there. Im thinking back to GH1 before anything else so that I dont get used to hyperspeed again. I guess my long term goal for now would to move up to third in the first column

I see you closing in on my GHLH overall first. You've got yourself some decent scores. Not sure how long you've spent doing some of the paths, but well done either way. I've not played Guitar Hero for a while now so I may have to visit soon!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really varied. Some songs I did spend a little time making adjustments and trying to figure out a really good path but other sobs I just went with the feel as I spent a few times trying to get the FC. On the 5/5 tier I did get a little tired of pathing so I pretty much went with my first FC score in the last few I got.

bushidox wrote:
The wifi and I are considering...

Bushidox whats it like being married to the wifi? I bet her hotspot is what really caught your attention /lame jokes. Your situations reminds me of a pool incident I had. The thing that keeps the pool at the right level is broken and doesnt shut off automatically anymore so I have to set a timer to remember to turn it off and well I forgot one day and came out to see the pool filled to about 1 from sidewalk level.
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably going to be playing a fair bit less, but after I finally do that thing of entering in like 500 scores. I think I can get ahead of Fug in the O211. Probably all GH2 but maybe FiU/BatM FC's.

Edit: Well... I guess I take back my original statement.
bushidox  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leaderboards are up to date for today, 10/23/2017, enjoy. There were changes to all 4 boards this update, hooray! Starting on Easy, it was PinkiePie91 straining himself with 16 new points, I think on I Love Rock and Roll. For Medium, we had sjay add a nice haul of 2,626,463 points, gaining a ranking spot for his trouble. Next, on Hard, it was conlan22 with (127,925) and 1,107,041 points, moving up a few spots on the O211 boards. Finally, for Expert we had (304) points from tannernieland11, (768) points from FingerQuick, 2,415 points from Jellu, (4,692) points from xbillax, 16,627 points from smokyprogg, (19,537) points from PinkiePie91, 57,872 points from voidedalive2x, and a haul of 150,585 points from JohnnyGrey. Pretty quiet update all around, I will give the nod to PinkiePie91 whom got some crazy new FCs, and nearly bridged the gap between him and Fug on the O211. What will happen with the next update, will Pinkie take over 4th on the O211, will FingerQuick get serious and challenge Undead for 1st, will conlan finally bridge the gap and move up a ranking spot? Stay tuned.

As for me, work, Diablo3, pool? The pool situation has not been resolved, as I have not been able to get the wife to actually discuss it. We have a few options as I outlined before, and I have no real clear indication of which she prefers, hopefully we can discuss it this week as the pool REALLY needs to be closed either way. Work has been busy lately, getting in the last machines we were expecting, and repairs to devices that I had out, bringing my machine totals to maximum for both sites, very cool. Nothing hard, just easy day to day stuff. Diablo3, Season 11 ended, they have a two week break until Season 12. The big patch should hit this week, greatly boosting a lot of the favorite builds, which should be interesting. I finished the seasonal transition, finished getting all my gems to 70 or 76, and swapped in new gear. I just have left trying to push with each build before the patch to compare before and after. Beyond that, its waiting to see what they have planned for Season 12, and if I care. I have pretty much maxed out 6 of the 7 classes at this point and have pretty amazing gear for each. Not sure what more I could hope to do other than repeating stuff. That's it for this update, until next time.
conlan22  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eventually I'll move up a spot but it'll be when I get to GHM, which will be after 1 and 80's
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 203, 204, 205 ... 217, 218, 219  Next
Page 204 of 219

Jump to: