ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero: HD/Remastered

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shblake  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject: Guitar Hero: HD/Remastered Reply with quote

I get it. This probably will be rejected by many, but a game that I think could use a remake/HD remaster is Guitar Hero 1, and if that were to be successful, then 2 could be remade.

Upon release, Guitar Hero was critically acclaimed and almost immediately became an instant classic. However, it had it's issues such as the hammer-on and pull-off system not being fully functional and the use of pause paths being prevalent, meaning not immediately being able to activate star power when getting it. Sometimes, you needed to activate it immediately (a good example of this being Thunder Kiss 65), which meant pausing the game directly after completely hitting a star power section. The problem with this is that if the last note is a sustain, you give up the points earned from the sustain. To get around this, the game had to be paused after hitting one note before the last note of a phrase, the guitar then being switched out to a DualShock controller, hitting the last star power note, pausing instantly, then switching back to the guitar, the rest of the sustain could be held out, and star power immediately activated.

Also in the earlier games, you couldn't hit star power sections while having star power activated. When that feature was added, it instantly became one of my favorites in the entire series. Having this and more implemented would only make the game that much more enjoyable.

I'd like to think that WaveGroup had stuff recorded for 1 and 2 that didn't make the cut in the original games, which could be added into the remake. Additional bonus content and the possibility of never before seen stuff is one of the best aspects of a remake. That along with the revamped graphics and an improved engine. And with DLC being a thing now, you have loads of opportunities there.

So with all of that, I guess the question now is "is the interest there for a remake?" The answer with me is 100% yes.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interest, yes of course but the problem remains with rights since Harmonix own the games 1-2-80s but Activision own the brand "Guitar Hero".

I don't see them working together to make it happens.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
Interest, yes of course but the problem remains with rights since Harmonix own the games 1-2-80s but Activision own the brand "Guitar Hero".

I don't see them working together to make it happens.

Basically yeah, but I'd be a day-one purchase of a GH Remastered release.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLonging wrote:
Basically yeah, but I'd be a day-one purchase of a GH Remastered release.

heck yeah. it'd sell like hotcake.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm generally against remakes, as they're low effort cash grabs imo and the original games are still just as fun as they used to be. However, GH is very difficult to play without a CRT and its quite impractical to have a CRT setup just for one game. As such, a re-make/update version that is easier to play on LCDs would be pretty sweet actually.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I think about it; wouldn't they need to relicense the songs from GH1 in order to sell a Remastered version? I imagine that might be more trouble than it's worth.

(and if theres no tripolette and graveyard shift is there even a point)

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: