SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
mninp goes for FCs from GH1 to GH WoR *Sunshine of Your Love EX FC!*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mninp  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
HfT in general is a mess. Don't feel too upset about it. I'm more surprised you did well on BYOB. I 5*'d HfT on my first playthrough, but it took me months to 5* BYOB.

And yeah, considering your skills, I thin it's reasonable to assume you won't get close to beating Satch at this point. Just don't give up yet and keep at it.

Yeah...for BYOB my multipler was about 2.93 or something, so I mean it was VERY close to not being a 5 star. However, I FCd the chorus every single time and I always used SP there, and there wasn't one part of the song where I felt helpless. The verses I wasn't able to combo, but I was able to get up to like a 2X multiplier pretty consistently. I'm far from being good at BYOB, but I used SP in the right spots to get that 5 star.

I'm not expecting to beat Satch, however I did beat Jordan on...I think the second try during this run (I can't remember now). I'm just going to save a full bar of SP and hope for the best. I'm not going to even attempt to 5 star it, all I want is to beat it.

To be honest, I need to learn how to tap. I feel like that is the one thing holding me back from not only more advanced FCs, but also being able to do better on songs with crazy solos.
mninp  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't pass Satch Boogie. I tried three times. The second run was the best, I was almost past it. But quite honestly I don't find it fun to play the same song over and over again just hoping I pass it. So for now...I'm gonna move on. Also, fun fact, I put Solo D into practice mode (because I love that part) and I was able to get it up to -10 notes. Those 4 seconds is so damn satisfying to play.

Anyway...now that I'm done with WT I can go on to GHOT Decades now. However, just like I always do when I finish a GH game, I'm going back and getting some FCs I missed along the way. I'm not gonna spend TOO much time on WT right now, but I do want to at least make an attempt to get as many FCs as I can.

I got 8 more Hard FCs today. They all took me one try except one of them. I'll update the OP with my 8 new FCs. I literally started from the list in the Career and pretty much went in order. But I did skip some songs, like No Sleep Till Brooklyn and The Middle. Just certain songs I didn't feel like playing. There was one that I tried that I couldn't get and that was Kick Out the Jams. I know I can get it, but that weird trill in the middle of the song has a strange rhythm to it that I can't figure out...I don't know, but I can't hit it. I'll need a lucky run.
mninp  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got 5 more FCs on Hard. The Kill, Demolition Man (Live), Toy Boy, Eye of the Tiger and Shiver.

Demolition Man (Live) is an awesome FC to have. It's not too crazy, but that final solo is definitely a choke point. Eye of the Tiger is pretty nice too. The other three are pretty much gimmes.

Looking at the song list...I think I'm pretty much done with the gimmes to be honest. Every song left is either pretty hard or has a tough solo. But I'm still gonna keep trying for now. I really want to hit 70. Not sure how feasable that is right now, but it's a goal.
mninp  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got another Hard FC, Heartbreaker. I also got two more Expert FCs, What I've Done and Hey Man, Nice Shot. What I've Done was a gimme that I missed on the first time (my finger slipped), but Hey Man, Nice Shot is a pretty cool FC.

I started GHOT Decades because I really just want to get it out of the way. The strumming bullshit is back. I don't get it. If it's 8th notes or more nothing is reliable. I fucking 4 starred The Pretender on Hard, a song that I could FC in the regular game. I REALLY hate these GH DS games. The good news is that I got an FC, One Step Closer. Yay...

I went bak to GH1 and GH2 today. Sadly I did not get any FCs, but I messed around with A LOT of songs, especially in Practice Mode. I'll list the songs that are just within my reach and the songs that are...kind of within my reach but still have a little while to go.

GH1 Just within my reach

Caveman Rejoice (Hard)- I am SO CLOSE on this one. If I hit the solo I mess up in the triplets near the end. It's either one or the other. Nothing else in this song is even a slight challenge.

Infected (Expert)- I had an almost-FC run of this song today. I can hit the second and third sweeps in the solo very consistently, but that first sweep is TOUGH. If I can get that I'll have this FC, that's the only part I need to hit.

Heart Full of Black (Expert)- I just need to hit that orange line consistently. I always mess up once or twice in it. I just need that one good run.

Farewell Myth (Expert)- Well this was a surprise almost-FC I got today. I haven't decided yet whether I want to down strum or alt strum the choruses. The fingering is easy, but those four notes that keep repeating in the chorus...I'm pretty sure they're 16th notes. I tried to down strum it, and I actually made it about halfway though the song before the pace caught up with me. I need to figure out if alt strumming this one is viable. But seriously I was hitting everything, it's just that I need a more reliable way to do the chorus.

GH1 Somewhat close, but still needs work

Crossroads (Hard)- This one is...up in the air right now. One time I FC'd both solos and choked near the end. That was only once. Most of the time I mess up in the first or second solo. Both solos are above average difficulty with having to strum every note so I'm gonna need a God run to get this one.

Ace of Spades (Hard)- I swear the strumming in this song is bugged. I'll be doing fine, I might even FC the solo and then I mess up on the last verse. I just cannot hit that riff consistently...and it has nothing to do with the fact that I can't actually do it, but the game just decides to say that I missed...for absolutely no reason at all. If this was on GH2 I would have this already. But it feels bugged to me and that makes me not want to play it. I'll get to it eventually but right now I feel this FC is a bit of a ways off.

GH2 Just within my reach

Woman (Hard)- This song...other than Caveman Rejoice this is my most attempted FC in the entire series. I am SO CLOSE, but I just can't pull it together. Today I FC'd the blue streak but I had already missed previously in the solo. I either miss one or the other. This song and Caveman Rejoice are competing for who's the biggest asshole.

Killing in the Name (Hard)- This was a song that until today I thought was out of my reach right now. But it's really not. That solo is very tricky with those triplet notes that alternate from orange to blue to orange to yellow, etc... However, I did this one in practice mode a lot and I think I have a strategy that works. I can FC the solo about...once every 10 times, but literally that triplet part is the only part I have trouble with in this song. The trills are slow enough to be easy, I didn't miss those trills once while I was practicing. The way I've decided to hit the solo is to act like it's a faster version of the intro riff to Raining Blood and just go duhduhduh duhduhduh duhduhduh. If I do it like that I get a much better sense of the rhythm. If I just alt strum the entire thing at one speed I'll always mess up. For me, the most reliable way is to hit it in triplets with a fraction of a second's rest in between each triplet. I'm getting better each time, and when I master this section I'll have this FC in no time.

Rock This Town (Hard)- This song might get the award for "most annoying song to try to FC in the series". I don't know why, I just get annoyed when going for this FC. They like to throw in trick notes at you and switch things up. Really it's not that hard of an FC and I can hit every single section. It's just about putting it all together in one run.

Laid to Rest (Hard)- Actually this song is probably the biggest asshole in the series so far to try to FC for me. Nothing in this song is even hard and I don't know why I can't do it. Something just randomly misses out of nowhere and I don't get the FC. Every single time. One time I made it to the outro and I choked.

Message in a Bottle (Expert)- I've FC'd the outro solo a bunch of times already, it looks much harder than it actaully is. But truthfully I think I've only tried this song...twice since I started this run. I might be able to get this FC if I do it again.

Girlfriend (Expert)- For some reason those triplets get th best of me very fucking time. Funny how I was able to FC More Than a Feeling on Expert in GH1, which is basically have the same fucking triplets, but it's harder because yu have to strum every note. Amazing.

Can't You Hear Me Knockin' (Expert)- This song has a personal grudge against me. Two times I made it to the "solo" only to choke on something stupid. Every other time I mess up a random note or chord before the solo. This song is EASY, why can't I get it?

Yes We Can (Expert)- I've had a bunch of runs where I made it more than halfway and then I just hoke or randomly miss. I can get this one, but it's gonna take a good run.

GH2 Somewhat close but still needs work

Freya (Hard)- Ugh...this song is such a pain to play. I like the song, but it's so frustrating. That first solo is pretty much bullshit. Every other part I can hit, but I am so inconsistently bad at that first solo that this FC is gonna take some work to get.

Carry Me Home (Hard)- Ok seriously, I would put this song in "almost FC" category, because I have had two runs in a row now where I made it all the way to the solo and choked on something stupid. That solo is about a minute from the end of the song. However, this song is just difficult all around, so I think putting it here is a better choice. I don't think I'm THAT close to getting this one if I'm being honest. I think I just had two lucky runs.

YYZ (Hard)- If I can figure out how to hit that stupid alt strumming section in the middle of the song I would have this FC right now. Everything else in this song I can FC consistently. I just can't hit that. I've tried it a million times.

Beast and the Harlot (Hard)- The solo section is the only part that is even slightly difficult for me, but admittedly it's pretty hard to hit. I have never FC'd the solo and I did it in practice a ton of times. I did get a few -1's though. The on is gonna take some work, but I think I can do it.

Arterial Black (Hard)- I played this song A LOT in practice mode today. I was able to hit the fast part in the solo (wth the alt strumming) one time...that's it. But I'm starting to figure it out. With more practice I can get this one.

Thunderhorse (Hard)- I can hit every single part in this song, but I just can't put it all together. The gallops in the second chorus always seems to fuck me up, and if I hit that I'll miss on something else. I'm putting this one here because I'm way too inconsistent at the galloping section.

Shout at the Devil (Expert)- Once I figure out how to FC the trills in the solo, this FC is mine. As of right now I can't hit the trills. I FC'd the trills once out of like 30 tries lol.

Surender (Expert)- Again, once I can hit the solo section, this FC is mine.

Elephant Bones (Expert)- Once I'm able to hit the intro alt strumming pattern, I'll be able to FC this. I haven't been able to get it once. I realized that I really suck at alt strumming when the notes are switching.

X-Stream (Expert)- To be fair I haven't tried this one recently. But there's not one hrd part in the song. There's just a lot of notes and it's fast paced. I'm putting this one here because I know I can get it but I just don't feel like playing it. It's just not a fun song for me.
mninp  

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started GH Metallica today and I have a bit of an announcement to make.

I won't be doing the OT games anymore. I wasn't enjoying them at all, I wasn't getting any FCs due to the shitty strumming bullshit and they're just not fun to play. Since they don't use the actual GH controller, I feel ok about not doing them. I will, however, be doing Band Hero. But GH: OT can kiss my ass. When you literally can't FC a song that is as easy as I Love Rock N Roll, something's wrong.

So anyway...I started GH Metallica today and I have 12 FCs on Hard. I think 12 is going to be where it ends though, at least for the first go round. Because right now I'm up to the final 9 songs and I don't think I'll be getting any FCs from that group on the first try. Maybe I'll get lucky, but I doubt it.

I missed a few easy ones, but overall I'm pretty happy with what I got. I know I can get others like For Whom the Bell Tolls, Orion, Turn the Page, Enter Sandman, and some others.
mninp  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright it's been about two months. I have a few things to talk about. I finished GH Metallica completely. I was able to beat everything in one go. There was about 10 songs I couldn't 5 star on Expert on the first try. But I was able to get Creeping Death and Disposable Heroes on the second try. I still need to get Hit the Lights, Master of Puppets, War Ensemble, Battery, Dyers Eve, Fight Fire With Fire and My Apocalypse.

I'm really close on Master of Puppets, Battery and Dyers Eve. I just can't get that one run. The other five I'm still pretty far off. Especially War Ensemble and My Apocalypse...God damn those songs are tough. My Apocalypse was the only song I 3 starred, which is saying something.

But anyway, I moved on to Smash Hits for the time being. I wanted to get the ball rolling so I can play more games. I already have 23 FCs on Hard. So far Smash Hits is FAR easier than Metallica. I'm hoping to hit that 24 FCs on the first try so that I can say I FCd 50% of the game on Hard in one go. But I'm on the second to last tier right now so I'm not sure if I'm gonna get any more FCs. I got a couple that were tough, but I missed one a bunch of easy ones too. Some of it is muscle memory. Take It Off, for example...my fingers are programmed to do a certain movement in the verse riff and it did the GH1 movement, and I messed up. This has happened several times. But it's not the end of the world. There has been no songs so far that I would say is out of my league to FC. Every song on Hard so far has been easier than their original Hard charts. So my goal for Smash Hits is 30 FCs on Hard, which I know I can do. But for now I'm gonna finish the game on Hard and then go to Expert.

I'll update the GHM Expert FCs tomorrow. I think I only got like two or three, it's been a while. And I also have to update the GHSH Hard FCs, of which there are a lot of and I have a lot to say about those, so stay tuned.
mninp  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright guys, I am back at it once again after taking a few month's break from GH. I reluctantly finished off Smash Hits (I am so sick of those songs at this point) and happily went over to GH5.

So far in GH5 I got 47 FCs on Hard on the first try. Not too bad, that's more than half. I know there's definitely like 10-15 of them that I could easily get, I just made a stupid mistake, and probably another 10-15 I could get without too much trouble. The last 20 or so are gonna be the tougher ones.

On Expert so far I have 19 FCs on my first try, which is kind of ridiculous for me. Is it just me or is GH5 just a lot easier than most of the other GH games?

So yeah I'm around halfway done with the GH5 Expert setlist. After that I'll move on to Band Hero, a game that I am absolutely dreading because I hate pop music and from what I hear the entire game is a joke difficulty-wise, so not only am I not gonna like the music, I'm gonna be bored from a playing standpoint as well. But the bright side is, that might be the first game I'll be able to 100% on Hard. We'll see.
mninp  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I got 10 more FCs in GH5 Hard mode. There's still some more I can get, but for today I decided to go back to some of the older games. Rightnow I can't find my memory card that has my GH1 save on it, so instead I went back to GH2 and...I got 2 more FCs on Expert.

Can't You hear Me Knockin' Expert FC!

X-Stream Expert FC!

I tried a bunch of songs on Hard...no success. Woman I hit the blue streal but yet again I messed up earlier in the solo before that. Rock This Town I got really far, but I messed up one of the last alt strumming chord sections, which pissed me off.

Then I went to Expert and I tried a bunch of songs. I still can't hit the Y/B streak in the Surrender guitar fill. I FC'd Message in a Bottle all the way until the ending solo, which I know for a fact I've hit before many times in practice mode in the past, but I didn't hit it this time. What a shame. I was doing well on Girlfriend but I messed up in the solo. I ALMOST got a Last Child FC, but the trill near the end got me. That would have been an amazing FC for my skill level. Oh well.

But the good news is, I got two more Expert FCs. Can't You Hear Me Knockin' was a long time coming, I don't know why I wasn't able to get that one before. But the real surprise of the day is X-Stream. Yeah, it's not a crazy FC or anything, but it came out of nowhere. I went to play it and I was just like "what the hell, might as well try" and bam, FC.

I'm gonna be going through all the other games again, just trying random songs here and there, trying to increase my FC count. I think I'm tapped out with GH2 for now, I don't see much more that I can get without some grinding, and I'd rather see what I can improve on in the other games for the time being.
mninp  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got some more FCs in GH3, GHA, GHWT and GHM. But I'm just pissed off right now. I think GHM has a glitch. Because I keep missing random fucking notes that kill my FCs and it's pissing me off so much that I wanna break my guitar controller. It's only in this game, none of the other ones. It fucked me up in The Boys are Back in Town, Stacked Actors, Fuel, Cyanide and Broken Beat and Scarred. I would have all of those FCs if it wasn't for those piece of shit random misses. I FCd all the hard parts, then out of nowhere something misses. It wasn't a choke, I know what a choke is. This is notes not resistering. I even re-did TBABIT two more times and I missed the SAME EXACT CHORD twice in a row, it was a regular YO chord at the beginning, I even said out loud "WHAT?????". I know I hit it for a 100% fact, it just counted it as a miss. It makes me not wanna touch GHM at all to be honest. Maybe my disc is scratched? I don't know.

Anyway...I was able to FC For Whom the Bell Tolls, Albatross and Hell Bent For Leather on Hard. Yay.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

afaik, only MoP on Hard and MLM on Medium are glitched.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every now and then, GH games can seem to have that issue for me. I can only recommend that you close and then reload the game. It always works for me.
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercurial wrote:
Every now and then, GH games can seem to have that issue for me. I can only recommend that you close and then reload the game. It always works for me.

Yep, this. I play on wii (i don't know what console you are on), and this happens a lot on wii i feel. It happens on the WT engine games the most for me though.
mninp  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ened up FC'ing Fuel on Hard the other day after I posted my rage message lol.

Today I started Band Hero and...oh boy. I'm not a fan of pop music, I never was. Already this game is painful to play through. But the bright side is that I should be able to FGFC Band Hero on Hard without much trouble, based on what I've heard about the game. In GHA I only need 9 more FCs, and I've heard Band Hero is way easier than even that game. So far I haven't missed a note yet for the first 10 songs. Let's see how long I can keep that streak going. I'm not FC'ing this entire game on Hard the first time trough, it's not gonna happen. No way am I keeping a perfect streak for 65 songs. But I do think I will FGFC this game on Hard. And I think I should get a ton of Expert FCs as well. We'll see.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: