ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
What are you playing right now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kathya  

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting to get addicted to Shootmania.

There really is a simple/primal satisfaction to get out of these old-school shooters and I've been looking for it in a new-gen game for a while.
If the argument "Just go play Doom" still applies, I admit I am sort of a graphics whore, and this game isn't that good looking in the first place but it wasn't made 20 years ago.

It's also very simplified and really really easy to get into, other than struggling with their new "Mania" interface, it does a good job of just getting you in a game with people around your level and start shooting things and figuring the game out.
...and eventually getting placed with people who also have the game figured out and so on, so forth.

I'll also probably be looking at Rise of the Triad when it launches, if anything, even if Doom is still good enough, supporting old-school shooters back in the market ought to not be a bad thing.
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS I don't know if anyone here plays it on PC, but I'm going through a New Game+ run of Dark Souls currently. I'm SL 104 and would be glad to help on any of the bosses.

If so hit me up on Steam (Nubnut) or GFWL (Gavesit).
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
Kinitawowi  

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tormentedbyu wrote:
Trying to play Chrono Trigger... I really like the story, but the PSX version on PSN seems to have REALLY slow load times. Anyone know if there's a better copy I can buy that doesn't take like 45 seconds to load up every battle or new area?

Oh jeez, leave the PSX version alone - the load times are seriously unbearable (even loading up the menus takes long). Get hold of a SNES emulator from somewhere and play it that way. Or get it off VC for the Wii. As a last resort there's the DS version, but I still prefer the original translation with Frog's Ye Olde Englishe.

My Crapchievements Thread GOAL: The Log [Beast And The Harlot 4.7*]
"Our Father, who art in Heaven... please, stay there." - Saint Etienne, New Thing
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kinitawowi64
Kathya  

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leaving a note on the current indie best seller, Don't Starve...
It's not as much of a point&click adventure as some believe (or that it's not a negative), keyboard controls are replacing a lot of the mouse for practicality, thank god for that - though we can still use the mouse the old way, if, for some odd reason, that's preferred.

For those unaware but possibly interested, the game starts up in a sandbox world, the goal is to survive and gather up "Things" to escape. Once you do, it puts you in another world, repeat ad infinitum until you die and start over.
It's a really fun experience at first and it forces you to learn it's mechanics on your own (I'd advise against reading the wiki, this should be a great point of strength, it's rather fun to discover, skipping it would reduce it's lifespan substantially).
Unlike other perma-death games that spring to mind, the game doesn't seem to have any perceivably unfair mechanics. Consequentially, once you get the hang of it (after dying a few times, let's say), surviving becomes very, very easy.

I've survived a good amount of worlds now without ever getting close to dying (Abigail is so useful ♥).
Tweaking the settings to get some kind of challenge quickly became necessary.

Going to finally finish Adventure mode (which is now a portal in sandbox and was finished last patch) and that'll probably be it!
wallflower  

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathya wrote:
Starting to get addicted to Shootmania

As a raging hard-on for old school shooters, Shootmania was a massive letdown, especially since I'm such a fan of Trackmania.
Kathya  

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wallflower wrote:
As a raging hard-on for old school shooters, Shootmania was a massive letdown, especially since I'm such a fan of Trackmania.

Would you care to elaborate? Does it just feel too dumbed down?
wallflower  

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, very dumbed down.

The golden era '98 to '01 was all about movement and dynamics (rather unintentionally by the game makers) that left essentially no room for a skill cap.
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinitawowi wrote:
tormentedbyu wrote:
Trying to play Chrono Trigger... I really like the story, but the PSX version on PSN seems to have REALLY slow load times. Anyone know if there's a better copy I can buy that doesn't take like 45 seconds to load up every battle or new area?

Oh jeez, leave the PSX version alone - the load times are seriously unbearable (even loading up the menus takes long). Get hold of a SNES emulator from somewhere and play it that way. Or get it off VC for the Wii. As a last resort there's the DS version, but I still prefer the original translation with Frog's Ye Olde Englishe.

Thanks. Didn't know about the changes in the DS version. Pretty frustrating about the PSX version. Wish it was more common knowledge or at least that it didn't have a near perfect rating on PSN. Of course Sony isn't going to warn about crappy load times in their description or anything. VC it is I suppose.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What am I playing? Well I just beat Ninja Gaiden on NES for the first time in my life. I've owned it for 14 years and man that is one hard mofo of a game. I could not be more happy.

And now I'm not playing anything lol, after NG it's hard to look at video games the same way again.
Kathya  

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just speed-ran Braid and 1cc'd Limbo (shortly before learning the term 1cc).
Let it be a reminder, if you have one of those lying around from a past Steam sale, these two indie masterpieces deserve some recognition.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do a 100% speedrun of Braid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

N64 - Majora's Mask, F-Zero X

GameCube - Animal Crossing, Sonic Mega Collection

GBA - Pokemon Leaf Green & Emerald, Polarium Advance

Wii - Animal Crossing City Folk, various VC titles

DS - GHOT: Decades, Pokemon Black.

3DS - Animal Crossing New Leaf, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Greys0nJay  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i play mario now
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallout: New Vegas (again)
Luigi's Mansion (again)
Ocarina of time (its actually my first time on this one!)

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
RockmanDan  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assasin creed, fallout newswet part- best game ever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: