ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
2009 ScoreHero Plans - Happy New Year!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish it were that simple but it's unfortunately not. A new development environment needs to be set up and everyone needs to be on the same page moving forward. Much of that responsibility comes back on me to ensure everything is compatible with the enormous amount of existing data, and we don't introduce the same performance issues in the design that I've already encountered over the years and solved. Otherwise the rewrite will need to be rewritten, which pretty much defeats the purpose.

A lot of documentation has been done, but we're not at the point yet where I can simply appoint specific programming tasks towards a solution.

Trust me when I say I want to get this moving as much as anyone. I still see FAR more in ScoreHero than I do with Rhythm Authors and ultimately want a vast majority of my focus to be here. It's much easier for others to manage daily RA operations while I get back to overseeing and helping with the SH rewrite. That's my goal, and I'm working to reach it as soon as I can.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you thought about making this huge workload into smaller sections by only making development environments for each small section of the site first. That way its not a HUGE project.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
JCirri  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the whole system is based on the concept of modularized components with a common interface such as to make development as extensible as possible without being dependent on changing other code.

But that's the main key that's core to the whole project: designing that interface with the full picture in mind so it doesn't prove to limit what we need to do down the line. Once the core structure is in place, it'll be far easier to hand out a component's requirements along with the specifications that all components must meet, and have them each developed independently of one another. That's exactly the type of model we're aiming for.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's nice to hear that you are still working on it. An update, no matter how small, is always reassuring and appreciated every now and then. Thanks for all of your hard work.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave0113 wrote:
Well it's nice to hear that you are still working on it. An update, no matter how small, is always reassuring and appreciated every now and then. Thanks for all of your hard work.

^This

I can't wait for new ScoreHero plans to be laid out. Personally, I know it will be worth the wait, as long as it comes to fruition. I have been working on exact cutoffs for 3, 4, and 5-stars on some of the newer games like Guitar Hero: Metallica, Guitar Hero: Smash Hits, Guitar Hero 5, and Band Hero. I am hoping that if I amass enough information, I can provide cutoff proofs for a lot of those songs so extended ratings will be easier to implement at some point. Even if it's just screenshots and data, I would do anything to help ScoreHero move forward. The re-write announcement last year was like getting a second Christmas. I was so happy and excited, and seeing the site over a year later and hoping for the same thing... I am still as enthusiastic as I was on day one. You tell us that progress is coming, and that you have good intentions. I trust you, JCirri. Keep it coming and make this wonderful site even better, no matter how long it takes. If any of us can help in any way, please don't hesitate to ask. I am sure that the community would pull together to help. Have you considered hiring independent programmers to lessen the load of work? Maybe a fundraiser could help pay for it, if it is a good idea. Hell, we raised money for the new servers, I am sure that people would be willing to contribute if it meant a new and improved ScoreHero Mr. Green

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd spit out a few bucks for a programmer fund. It sounds like a pretty good idea.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
Kinitawowi  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
Trust me when I say I want to get this moving as much as anyone. I still see FAR more in ScoreHero than I do with Rhythm Authors and ultimately want a vast majority of my focus to be here. It's much easier for others to manage daily RA operations while I get back to overseeing and helping with the SH rewrite. That's my goal, and I'm working to reach it as soon as I can.

I know this was a while back, but... I just wanted to stress how happy I was to read these sentiments. Part of me kind of suspected that ScoreHero was beginning to take somewhat of a back seat in the admins' eyes as inevitable focus drift meant that priorities lay elsewhere (and the constant "obviously RA is more important" suggestions from a few people seemed to reinforce that impression), particularly considering the eight months or so of pretty much no comment, so it's extremely pleasing to know that this project is still very much in the forefront of people's minds.

I also had an inkling that the April Fools stunt, while funny, was also a kind of dry run to test how complex it would be to add such functionality into the structure (as long noted, modularity and flexibility are two of the critical goals of the rewrite). Of course, if it was just for the lulz then that would be fine too.

My Crapchievements Thread GOAL: The Log [Beast And The Harlot 4.7*]
"Our Father, who art in Heaven... please, stay there." - Saint Etienne, New Thing
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kinitawowi64
PoppyY  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CANT WAIT MAN CANT WAIT REALLY IT WILL BE AN AMAZING YEAR
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PoppyY wrote:
CANT WAIT MAN CANT WAIT REALLY IT WILL BE AN AMAZING YEAR

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking Forward Too That 2009 Score Hero Re Write!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
Looking Forward Too That 2009 Score Hero Re Write!

go to scorehero and ask JCirri for the 2009 ScoreHero rewrite. the look on his face will be epic!

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always have hopes but after 10 years now, i dont think it'll ever happen anymore. I fear the day this will go down and loose all the scores we've entered in the last 12 years. we really need an offline solution.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
I always have hopes but after 10 years now, i dont think it'll ever happen anymore. I fear the day this will go down and loose all the scores we've entered in the last 12 years. we really need an offline solution.
Yeah JC has full time work now and doesn't have the amount of time he used to to devote to the site, plus there's much less activity than there used to be which means no ad revenue, so there isn't as much incentive to sit down and devote the time it would take to rewrite everything. Not saying it can't ever happen, but it's unlikely to be soon.

That said though, I don't see anywhere on the horizon that the site could go away. JC still runs it and I still moderate it, and neither of us have any plans to go anywhere. If at any time in the future JC for whatever reason decided to walk away and pull the plug and the site was in danger of going away, I would definitely step in. I would host the site if no one else did. I have (by far) more score information saved here than anyone, so I don't want all that data going away any more than you do.

Also I know he recently added an option to download all the data the site keeps on you, but I haven't tried it, I'm not sure what format all the score data comes in.
bushidox  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Along those lines, my bi-weekly pull of the data for my leaderboards takes literally all the scores from the site each time. In the event of a failure or loss of the site, I could give the info to singe or whomever and they could quickly upload that data. Worst case scenario, we lose whatever happened since the last data pull, but with far less activity, that's still north of 99.9% of the scores.
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
Cabanon wrote:
Yeah JC has full time work now and doesn't have the amount of time he used to to devote to the site, plus there's much less activity than there used to be which means no ad revenue, so there isn't as much incentive to sit down and devote the time it would take to rewrite everything. Not saying it can't ever happen, but it's unlikely to be soon.

That said though, I don't see anywhere on the horizon that the site could go away. JC still runs it and I still moderate it, and neither of us have any plans to go anywhere. If at any time in the future JC for whatever reason decided to walk away and pull the plug and the site was in danger of going away, I would definitely step in. I would host the site if no one else did. I have (by far) more score information saved here than anyone, so I don't want all that data going away any more than you do.

Also I know he recently added an option to download all the data the site keeps on you, but I haven't tried it, I'm not sure what format all the score data comes in.

that's very good to hear this. please share that download function, curious to try it. how does it output ? excel ? txt ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: