Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
JG's Thread: Holy Wars FC #85/611
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love your highlights list! It is a great tribute to what has been an awesome year for you on the GH front. You should be seriously proud of setting your mind to a goal and finding consistent, systematic ways to go about improving. Especially with your SF FC, I would say that you took a couple big steps forward skill-wise, and you're a much better GH player right now than you were 10 months ago Keep setting your goals high! I am very, very grateful that we've stayed in touch because you've been very motivating for me, and we're at basically the same level with different sets of strengths so I think we both benefit from pushing each other. Let's keep it going <3

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO

20 FCs!!! After that painful drought during the summer I was worried you might not make it, but you caught up incredibly quickly, and in such style! You knocked out three of your best FCs ever, and then a handful of long/annoying/overdue FCs, all in less than two months. That is some insane progress right there. Something tells me this won't be the last new FC in 2020, especially considering how quickly these last few songs fell. (Perhaps DYFLWD might not be too long of a grind either? )

This was such an incredible journey to watch and be a part of, and I can't thank you enough for pushing our little group to play again. I think we've all achieved some pretty crazy stuff this year, and it certainly wouldn't have happened without your own 2020 goal to inspire us all to dust off the ol' plastar again. It's been a blast reconnecting with you guys, watching streams again, and feeling that excitement for a new FC (my own or one from anyone in the BAC lol)

I haven't even mentioned the FCs themselves... and yes, that's FCs plural, because I hadn't even gotten around to replying to your CMTB FC when you went ahead and knocked out Freebird as well! Funny how both of these are Lynyrd Skynyrd songs, super long and annoying to grind, and went down in like 30 minutes in their most recent grind sessions. We can only hope the next FC follows the same pattern /looks at Freebird SH

Well, here's looking to the future, whatever it may bring. (even if it ends up being RB... ) Whether you continue your streak of new FCs, work toward 600 overall, play GHL, pass me in GHVH, or hit that 227 million mark, I'll be cheering for you every step of the way. I still think a 21 FCs by the end of 2021 would be pretty neat... you could finally get 17 at 17, and then 21csm at 21!

Thank you, thank you! I definitely wouldn't have been able to focus or stay dedicated to my goal without the help and encouragement from you guys. And it's definitely awesome that we all came back and were able to accomplish great things together. And looks like we're not done yet!
bushidox wrote:
Well done! At least you can say you got something done in 2020, unlike some of us. Keep up the good work.

Haha thanks! Yeah, definitely one of my favorite things to come out of the very interesting year.

Voidedlefty wrote:
I usually try to keep posts on other acc. pages to my main, but damn good job on this, Johnny!

Definitely have to say that Spanish Fly FC was the most out-there, what-the-hell-you-actually-got-that?! FC of the whole bunch.

(I still need to get a stream going, but blaaaaaah...)

Thanks! Yeah, SFly will certainly be the best thing I'll ever do, and I never would have guessed it would have happened. Glad to see you're getting your streams set up. Hopefully I'll be able to stop by once in a while .
LlamaYip wrote:
I love your highlights list! It is a great tribute to what has been an awesome year for you on the GH front. You should be seriously proud of setting your mind to a goal and finding consistent, systematic ways to go about improving. Especially with your SF FC, I would say that you took a couple big steps forward skill-wise, and you're a much better GH player right now than you were 10 months ago Keep setting your goals high! I am very, very grateful that we've stayed in touch because you've been very motivating for me, and we're at basically the same level with different sets of strengths so I think we both benefit from pushing each other. Let's keep it going <3

It's definitely great to get back into it. Both playing regularly, and making/reaching new goals. Oh and catching up with everyone in the BAC (probably the best part). Your progress has definitely been impressive and inspiring too! I know we'll run out of doable stuff soon, but I'm glad we've both been knocking out lots of decent stuff! And yeah, no plans on stopping just yet!

January 21, 2020
Video :
First FC of the year, and it feels good. This song was a bit of a surprise. I've been reduxing GH5, and randomly did a few runs of this. After some work on the first solo, I realized I was actually pretty consistent on it. The main hard parts were the intro chords/strumming and the trips at the end of intro and solo 1. I ended up tapping both sets of trips and that seemed to help a lot.
In the end ended up with about 5 post solo 1 misses. 2 of them dumb chokes, 2 in solo 2, and then one REALLY dumb one at the very end, which is included in my FC vid. Definitely one of my best, probably top 3. As far as what's left? I'm thinking a GH5 FGFC could be a nice potential goal. I know 21csm is very tough, but I feel like it could happen with a lot of work. Scatterbrain is tough too, but might not be as bad. That just leaves DYFLWD which is mostly a matter of actually playing more than 5 runs a month lol.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a hype way to start off the new year! DWEDFN is an excellent FC, and I'm so glad I was there to witness it. I'm also glad you fixed that horrible choke so quickly, because it turns from something heartbreaking into something hilarious, and I can say I'm glad I got to see that too lmao.

GH5 FGFC would be amazing, and all signs point to that being totally doable for you. I suppose it's not a priority by any means but hey... 21st FC in 2021? Still on the table...

Anyway looking forward to that RaBl SH FC, and anything you end up getting after that. Should be an exciting year
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesssss this is just the start of what's going to be an awesome year JG! I see some skill bumps coming for you looking forward to seeing what's next. I have to imagine that getting that GH5 FGFC would be so, so rewarding (but difficult). Let's just set aside a few hours for some DYFLWD ok? <3

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn ! thats one heck of an FC to start the year, congratz !

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
What a hype way to start off the new year! DWEDFN is an excellent FC, and I'm so glad I was there to witness it. I'm also glad you fixed that horrible choke so quickly, because it turns from something heartbreaking into something hilarious, and I can say I'm glad I got to see that too lmao.

GH5 FGFC would be amazing, and all signs point to that being totally doable for you. I suppose it's not a priority by any means but hey... 21st FC in 2021? Still on the table...

Anyway looking forward to that RaBl SH FC, and anything you end up getting after that. Should be an exciting year

Thanks! Yeah, I'm glad I didn't lose heart and had time to keep going for the FC after the choke. Similar experience happened with SF. Makes me regret some of the other chokes that got away, but their time will come .
Regarding GH5 FGFC, I did half now, I'll do the other half.. Later :P
And yes I'll probably start working on RaBl next, give PBFO a glance, ignore Freebird, and then probably get those last pesky WT ones that have eluded me.

LlamaYip wrote:
Yesssss this is just the start of what's going to be an awesome year JG! I see some skill bumps coming for you looking forward to seeing what's next. I have to imagine that getting that GH5 FGFC would be so, so rewarding (but difficult). Let's just set aside a few hours for some DYFLWD ok? <3

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing both of us do crazy things this year. Maybe at least one of us can do Scatterbrain and the other can do 21csm?
And I took your suggestion, and two hours later, Boom!

Cabanon wrote:
damn ! thats one heck of an FC to start the year, congratz !

Thank you! That song was definitely on the higher end of my capabilities.
Also, I ain't done yet!

January 29, 2021

Video
OH MY GOD! Another super long song is done with! I've been messing around with the song off and on throughout the month. Got a few close runs a couple weeks ago, then mostly just practiced the keyboard and ending sections. Was feeling pretty good about most of it. The hardest part in keyboard solo is between the second and third trills, the mini trills that change anchor notes. The ending isn't too bad just long and lots of places to mess up. The end zig, zig chords and trips into strumming were the hardest parts and I had two runs today where I missed in the former two. I was so nervous I'd miss the last trip before strumming like I had been doing in practice, but luckily I made it. Never again!

I did this because I'm going to try to make 600 before may 24th, ten years after I initially made the goal. It's been long enough. Let's do it!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DWEDFN is impossible and I am convinced. Nice freaking job man.

Mr.Scientist  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing job on the GH5 front lately. I know DYFLWD has been less than inviting for so long, happy to see you finally checked it off the list. Not having to grind 14 minutes song is always good when you're trying to fit as much as possible in your limited play time nowadays.

And of course DWEDFN is also amazing. Intro is hell, but definitely a fun song to play and go for. So is IYWPPFW if you ever want to give it a go, make Alex jealous again

Also, always looking forward to all GHL progress, that's some good stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I certainly feel like you do!

Major congrats on this one. I was honestly a bit taken aback when you first shared this with us, because I really thought you were gonna put it off forever. I'm so glad this 10 year deadline has seemingly lit a fire under you, because this pace is awesome! Hopefully you can knock out RaBl fairly quickly, and then take care of those pesky WT songs. 600 is so close I can taste it!
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlasherManEXE wrote:
DWEDFN is impossible and I am convinced. Nice freaking job man.

Thanks! I couldn't tell you how I got to be so consistent on Solo 1. A mystery I certainly won't question

Mr.Scientist wrote:
Amazing job on the GH5 front lately. I know DYFLWD has been less than inviting for so long, happy to see you finally checked it off the list. Not having to grind 14 minutes song is always good when you're trying to fit as much as possible in your limited play time nowadays.

And of course DWEDFN is also amazing. Intro is hell, but definitely a fun song to play and go for. So is IYWPPFW if you ever want to give it a go, make Alex jealous again

Also, always looking forward to all GHL progress, that's some good stuff.

Thanks! DYFLWD is up there with FB and CMTB of songs I'm glad I'll never have to (seriously) play again.
IYWP is so hard, but maybe if I can make quick work of 600, I can give it some more attention. I should definitely try and get that and Eruption before Alex decides they're possible and gets them in a week
Also, I managed to sneak in one new GHL FC for you . As I said above, if the primary goal continues to go smoothly, I'll try and grab a couple more GHL songs from time to time. Though I'm definitely running low on ezpz stuff .

alexhaz64 wrote:
Oh I certainly feel like you do!

Major congrats on this one. I was honestly a bit taken aback when you first shared this with us, because I really thought you were gonna put it off forever. I'm so glad this 10 year deadline has seemingly lit a fire under you, because this pace is awesome! Hopefully you can knock out RaBl fairly quickly, and then take care of those pesky WT songs. 600 is so close I can taste it!

Best video ever lol. I surprised myself too, but consistently playing the hard parts definitely helps realize that they're not that bad. With that in mind, waiting 9 minutes to do it in a run is still awful, but certainly not as bad as I'd expected
And yes, a week later is certainly "fairly quickly" if I do say so! Maybe I learned from last year that while constant grinding is stressful, putting it off and taking too long of breaks puts on its own pressure and stress too. Also helps to narrow down my choices and limit the pool to focus on.

Anyways, bump for another new FC:D
February 4, 2021

Video
Hoowee! This song wasn't originally on my radar anytime soon, but since Alex got the GH3 version super quick, I figured I could get this easier version in his honor. It definitely still proved to be tough. Mosh1 is just so easy to miss, and then going from that to the riff after can be a difficult transition. I strummed the top of each quad to help keep on beat, as well as noted the big tempo change after the sp phrase. Eventually I was about 25% consistent, I found keeping count of how many quads between chords helped keep me on track as well as motivated.
And then there's Flood. While definitely nowhere near GH3 level, it has its fair share of annoying trills and random strums, just mostly in the beginning. Storm A was definitely the biggest hurdle, with the RYBYB trill after the green hold being my least favorite spot. Lots of sliding and quick bits where I'd start fretting too soon and strum the second note and dumb stuff like that. Overall FCed up to Flood probably about 10 times, with maybe 4 runs past Storm A. Definitely could have been worse, though I probably missed between Flood and Mosh1 more than that lol

8 more to go! Think I'm done with Smash Hits for a while, PBFO is probably the easiest, but definitely doesn't seem too close right now. 'll probably give WT another whirl since I never seem to stick with it long enough to get all the songs I've been working on for a while now. Let's hope this time changes that!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ayee good job on Raining Blood, it might not be GH3's chart but it's still pretty tricky. I hate to admit it but it took me 20+ attempts to get and that was back when I could FC the GH3 chart every try lmao. The strumming sucks :'((

GH1 FC''s: 47/47 | GH2 FC''s: 64/64 | GH80''s FC''s: 30/30 | GH3 FC''s: 70/70 GHA FC''s: 41/41 | GHWT FC''s: 86/86
GHM FC''s: 49/49 | GHSH FC''s: 47/48 GH5 FC''s: 85/85 | GHVH FC''s: 47/47 | GHWoR FC''s: 91/93 | Total FC''s: 657/660

I totally didn''''t steal someone else''''s signature
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, slow down! I never got a chance to reply to the RaBl SH FC!

...on second thought, do not slow down, not even a bit! This pace is incredible. You're practically getting an FC a week! At this rate I think you'll end the year with like 630 FCs lol. (if you count GHL that's actually not unrealistic haha)

First off, I'm glad I was able to catch the RaBl FC live, that was awesome. Given your inconsistency with Flood I'm glad it only took like 3 or 4 FCs up to it. PBFO definitely seems like the logical next FC, given that it is short and relatively easy outside of like 3 sections. Of course, the hard parts are strumming-based, and we know how much you dislike that. I'd like to see some FB attempts but I think we all know that's off the table. And PWM... well I'd be super impressed if you got that one, haha.

Now PMU- I know you were close a few weeks ago, so it's not surprising that you got it, but considering how quickly it fell this time... well I'm impressed! This song has so many tricky parts- two prechoruses, a solo, the bridge, the trill, the outro chords (lulz). Glad you were consistent enough to FC first try past the bridge, and no more chokes after that one outro choke a few weeks back :p

Looks like Overkill could be next, and then? Sticking with WT seems to make a lot of sense, given that 3 or 4 of your easiest remaining FCs are in that game. Looking forward to whatever you decide to take down next!
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AbyssionQC wrote:
Ayee good job on Raining Blood, it might not be GH3's chart but it's still pretty tricky. I hate to admit it but it took me 20+ attempts to get and that was back when I could FC the GH3 chart every try lmao. The strumming sucks :'((

Gotta love the SH strumming engine. I remember when Miss Murder was OMG hard before people learned to change calibration.

alexhaz64 wrote:
Whoa, slow down! I never got a chance to reply to the RaBl SH FC!

...on second thought, do not slow down, not even a bit! This pace is incredible. You're practically getting an FC a week! At this rate I think you'll end the year with like 630 FCs lol. (if you count GHL that's actually not unrealistic haha)

First off, I'm glad I was able to catch the RaBl FC live, that was awesome. Given your inconsistency with Flood I'm glad it only took like 3 or 4 FCs up to it. PBFO definitely seems like the logical next FC, given that it is short and relatively easy outside of like 3 sections. Of course, the hard parts are strumming-based, and we know how much you dislike that. I'd like to see some FB attempts but I think we all know that's off the table. And PWM... well I'd be super impressed if you got that one, haha.

Now PMU- I know you were close a few weeks ago, so it's not surprising that you got it, but considering how quickly it fell this time... well I'm impressed! This song has so many tricky parts- two prechoruses, a solo, the bridge, the trill, the outro chords (lulz). Glad you were consistent enough to FC first try past the bridge, and no more chokes after that one outro choke a few weeks back :p

Looks like Overkill could be next, and then? Sticking with WT seems to make a lot of sense, given that 3 or 4 of your easiest remaining FCs are in that game. Looking forward to whatever you decide to take down next!

Not slowing down yet. Thanks! Glad I've been able to pull off some nice stuff at an awesome pace. I'm also glad my Overkill FC grind ended up shorter than your redux lol, though I guess in total the past few months, mine was much longer. And at least you probably aren't gonna have to redux it ever again
Too bad I couldn't get anything on yesterday's short stream, but with the amount I've been getting, I can't be too picky about how I get them.

And yeah, gonna try and squeeze at least one more (SAF) out of WT, maybe give LRM/Crowley a few tries, and then probably switch over and try for Battery

Bump for two new FCs

February 5, 2021

Well that was quick. I've been close to this for a while, but would get frustrated since it's pretty long and almost 1000 notes until the first hard part. I had two chokes a month or so ago, one in the end chords and one a dumb miss just before the solo. I've been 90% consistent on the prechoruses. Today I got this my second run past PC1, with like 20 runs missing in the bridge beforehand. The first run past PC1 I missed in the trill (12ing a BO trill to a green is tough :P), and then a few runs later, Boom!
I was upset to find that I didn't press record on the final runs, so no video sadly.

February 7, 2021

Video
Keeping the fire going . This was a nice one to grab too. I've had a lot of close runs with this throughout 3 or so main grind sessions. Discovered that the best way to hit solo 3b was to tap the oranges and not anchor, and I was at least 50% consistent. Actually, today it took like 10 tries before I hit it, and then hit it 5x in a row.
I had another -1 run yesterday, and then today was the first FC past solo 1 lol. I totally botched the end activation, so that's the closest thing to a choke I guess. Maybe I'll redux eventually, but I'm satisfied with the FC for now
SAF should be next, had a -1 in solo D yesterday, possibly another today and then a choke in the last chorus.

Edit : Room for one more?

February 9, 2021

Video
Whoooo! This song was definitely a struggle, and definitely one of the best I've gotten! I've attempted this song a lot over the past many years, but it always eluded me. This time though, I was getting a lot better at the first solo. I found that strumming the top of each sweep helped keep time and avoid slider nonsense. That just left solo 2 and Shake it Don't Break it. Solo 2 was a matter of starting early and remembering to go faster than the first solo. SiDBi was a real pain. I attempted a few different methods, and ended up choking in the same spot 3 times in the past 2 days. So glad that I didn't mess up after finally hitting the part before the RY YB chords.

5 more songs to go. I'm still going to try for SAF next, and then TWIE is #600, as for the other 3?im not sure yet. Possibly Burn and Battery

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I gotta reply to all this epicness!!! Seriously, it's getting hard to keep up with all these awesome FCs. Do you realize you've gotten your last 4 FCs in about 5 days? That's almost a new FC a DAY. That pace is unheard of, especially for you! I mean even 2009 Johnny would be impressed at this point. I just can't get over how quickly you are knocking these out, especially considering last year your goal was 20 in an entire year, and you've already done 25% of that in under two weeks. Madness. I'm incredibly happy for you, excited, and horny impressed with your output so far this year, especially since you started it with the mindset of playing casually, doing some reduxes, etc. I gotta say I prefer this! lol

Anyway I'll address Overkill first, as you overshadowed it so damn quickly I never got the chance to congratulate you here. ...so congrats! Sucks about the sp activation at the end, you know I'm holding out for that redux still lmao. But an FC is an FC, and Overkill is a damn fine one! Probably your best in the ga-

WAIT LOVE REMOVAL MACHINE WHAAAA
But seriously, that's an incredibly impressive FC. For context, I got 82/86 when I FCd Overkill I think, back in February 2010. I didn't get LRM until early 2012. Those slider notes are just brutal, and I'm pretty impressed how consistently you were hitting solo 2. SIDBI is a bonk and a half, but I'm glad you were able to overcome your many chokes to get another one of your best FCs ever!
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes so proud JG! I really feel like 83 is coming soon, I know that SAF sucks, I hated grinding it, and it really felt like a fluke when I got it. The LRM Fc is really epic though and I'm glad I got to see it on stream (oh wait, I didn't because I was distracted by teaching my class).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 65 of 69

Jump to: