ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
alexhaz64- GHWoR FC #89, IYWPPFW! (646/660)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davers  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow I thought you already had this one! Awesome FC! Congrats on 46/47! That's such an incredible achievement and one to definitely feel proud about! I guess because you already had FiU, I assumed you already had GR2R. Anyways, congrats on the huge accomplishments of GR2R, 46/47, 640/660!
arvain  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats for this massive FC and good luck with BiM TDWF and BatH. I'm expecting at least 2 of those 3 fc'd in the next update
suhdude024  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hell of an FC bro love to see people still playin this game in 2021
conlan22  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw you are going through GHM hard as well. Any squeezing tips haha? I'm so bad at squeezing on the later games.
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jleggy12 wrote:
WHAT IS THIS MADNESS

Having semi-seriously attempted this FC at various points in my life, I have some idea of the brain-numbing frustration that you must have gone through. A huge congrats, that gap between us is ever-widening and it's some incredible FCs that you're throwing out with alarming regularity :D

Also come back to GHWT H, I'm beating your 1sts

Again, I cannot recommend the GH1 practice iso enough. Without it I probably would've never had the patience to grind this song. I was able to hit the full solo like ten times thanks to practice, and I was already consistent on the intro trips. Just needed that one lucky run. I'm sure you could do it with some practice as well. Still looking forward to you getting back to X :p

Oh and GG on WT H, if it wasn't for your reduxes I'd be 2nd overall. I could probably redux a few songs to pass you, but it would be very difficult. Maybe someday lol

AbyssionQC wrote:
Super congrats on the three big milestones. 46/47, 640/660 AND top 10 on GH1X! Insane achievement.

Thanks! I gotta say I'm incredibly satisfied and relieved to hit all three of those milestones. Of those, 640/660 is probably my favorite, although 46/47 is probably the most impressive. I've been top ten in GH1 multiple times, so that one is awesome but less surprising for me :p

JohnnyGrey wrote:
I can't believe it!
This is incredible! Not like you started from scratch, but considering the tech FC came just a week ago? Typical Alex fashion
Though I know this one definitely didn't come easily
Congrats on your best FC yet and being able to withstand the painful grind, numerous overstrums and overcoming mental blocks

Thanks! This definitely was a painful grind, but I'm so glad it paid off. Definitely one of my favorite FCs of all time :)

Jellu wrote:
Congratulations! I feel you, GR2R was the worst grind and the best FC for me, too. Maybe I should FC something to keep up with you, but I dislike GH2 so much and everything else is pretty difficult...

Yeah, I'm honestly surprised you're only one FC ahead of me overall, given that you have Eruption/SF and TDWF/IYWP. GH2 definitely needs some work, and Decontrol should be cake given your GH1 skills :p

FL4RE wrote:
Awesome job, but HOW do you hit those triplets? Legitimately the only thing that's holding me back from an FC.

If you're talking about the intro trips, they're actually pretty easy once you get it down. What I do is shift into 3rd position, and strum the high notes (Orange). If you fret them as fast as possible, this almost always works. I also don't anchor, at least not consciously. Good luck on the FC if you actually go for it

LlamaYip wrote:
This is so awesome Alex. This grind was such a tough one, I know, but that virtue of patience you exercise so well just comes up big for you!! You absolutely deserve this 640/660. It seems like you might be damn close to maxing out but I feel great about your chances to clear out some more big time uns, especially TDWF, BiM, SF, Eruption.

I'm up to learn the One's with you, too

Thanks! Yeah each new FC is getting progressively harder, but there are 7 songs I could see getting still. The 4 you mentioned, plus Trogdor, BatH, and IYWP. They all have different hurdles I need to overcome to FC them, but none of them so great that I'd consider them impossible. After those songs... I'd hate to even think about going for anything harder lol.

Also have fun with One(s), you're on your own there haha

Bradmasta wrote:
As you know i've already seen the video, but anytime I see one of my old SH friends pull off something incredible, it warms my heart up Nice to see you still around and cranking out crazy, crazy FC's! How far do you feel the limit is for you? Do you suspect you could eventually FSFC, and if that's not something you foresee, how close do you think you can get? Excited to see what's next for you my friend <3

Thanks! Good to see you around these parts again. Appreciate the love <3 But as for your question, I can't see myself getting more than 647 FCs. After that, maybe I could learn BatM? Or Sudden Death? Or maybe even Satch Boogie? 650 would be awesome but it's so incredibly unlikely I'm not gonna get my hopes up lol.

k3v227 wrote:
gg bb

ty ty <3

Davers wrote:
Somehow I thought you already had this one! Awesome FC! Congrats on 46/47! That's such an incredible achievement and one to definitely feel proud about! I guess because you already had FiU, I assumed you already had GR2R. Anyways, congrats on the huge accomplishments of GR2R, 46/47, 640/660!

Thanks! Yeah traditionally FIU was seen as the 2nd hardest in the game, but having access to a practice iso was honestly such a game changer for that song. Enough that I might actually consider it easier than TF or Decontrol at this point... maybe. Definitely easier than GR2R though.

arvain wrote:
Congrats for this massive FC and good luck with BiM TDWF and BatH. I'm expecting at least 2 of those 3 fc'd in the next update

Hm, not sure if this counts as an update, but if so I'm sorry to disappoint, lol. I did get somewhat close to TDWF last time I grinded it, and BatH might actually be doable now that I have PAL. I should probably revisit BiM at some point though. I remember it feeling pretty doable at one point.

suhdude024 wrote:
hell of an FC bro love to see people still playin this game in 2021

GH1 will probably always be my best game. From the very beginning I was punching above my weight class in this game, and now it's by far my best "FGFC -1" game haha. At some point I gotta redux GH1 H, maybe I could take a first or two :p

conlan22 wrote:
I saw you are going through GHM hard as well. Any squeezing tips haha? I'm so bad at squeezing on the later games.

Thanks for making me update my thread :p

Anyway, tips for squeezing... I'm assuming you have access to paths? If not you can check out this video to download pathhero: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-8mqAS70rA

Besides that, an important skill is to learn what squeezes are possible, and adjust the path accordingly. For example, if an activation starts on a single note and ends on a chord, it might be better to move the activation forward a note to guarantee hitting the chord under sp. Whammy is also extremely important, and honestly one of my weakest skills, squeezing-wise. Dropping even the tiniest bit of whammy could be the difference between hitting a squeeze and coming just a frame or two short. GHVH has early whammy, and it's been speculated that GHM might as well, although I've also had mild success with hitting the sp holds late as well. Definitely something worth playing around with.

Of course the other major thing to consider with new school games is extended sustain glitching. This is definitely a bit of a technical rabbit hole, but I'd say the most important things are to make sure you release the lower note before hitting the higher note, and if there is a note at the end of the sustain, make sure you hit it after the end of the hold, or else you'll lose all of your glitched points.

That should pretty much cover everything important with new school squeezing. If there's anything more specific you'd like to know just let me know. Sometimes hitting a squeeze is just about trial and error, and a whole lot of patience lol.

EDIT: 4/28/21- Might as well update everyone on what I've been working on, since my thread got bumped. The biggest major accomplishment was finally finishing off GHWT H FGFC. I got Satch a while back, and HFT not too long after. But I took a pretty long break from H after getting around 50 FCs. Since then, I finished off WT (3rd overall) and started working on GHM H. Already have MoP, One, DH, and a few other tricky songs. FGFC should be pretty straightforward if I keep at it. After that only GH2 and GH5 remain. Nothing realistically stands in my way aside from Trogdor. I have access to PAL now, so I'm definitely going to do my best to get the FSFC :)

Speaking of PAL, on the X side I tried my hand at Trogdor and BatH last weekend, with middling results. I came extremely close to hitting the Trogdor solo in practice, but it is still extremely difficult and luck-based. That being said I will probably grind it on and off every now and then. BatH is similar, although I didn't spend nearly as much time on it. I suspect this will be easier to FC on PAL than Trogdor still.

As for other possible FCs, I got a -1 in IYWP, and "FCd" the full song by taking advantage of the pause buffer. I'm not gonna count it, but either way this is probably my easiest FC left. TDWF felt similarly close for a bit, but my consistency at almost every solo section is just awful. I can definitely FC this but it's basically the worst song to grind. I also made decent progress on Eruption, FCing the entire tapping section in practice at one point. Whatever ability I had to hit the strumming seemed to go right out the window, though. I'll have to revisit this one soon. SF still feels too hard, so unless someone has a killer method that will make tapping 3s a lot easier, it's going on the back burner.

I also made some progress on some tech FCs, getting ItO outro, IYWP synth solo, and Twin solo in TTFAF. I'm down to 14 sections remaining in the series, including Trogdor solo and BatM GH1 solo. The most likely sections left are SFA 3, FotS solo I, Sudden Death solo B (best is -1), and maybe even Satch solo F. It's a bit of a side goal of mine now, but it's a fun distraction :p
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling

Last edited by alexhaz64 on Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
conlan22  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha no problem. Yeah I have all the paths downloaded. I think I was having trouble getting all the whammy. It doesn't seem like early whammy helped at all, but I definitely noticed that I really had to hold sustains past the end to make sure I got the most whammy out of them. I read something else about GHM having front ends that won't count if you hit the select button too close to when you strum, but as long as I have blue flames I should be good right?

I think my other problem might be I'm coming back into the game after not playing for a while so I am on a lower hyperspeed. I find the faster the chart the better for squeezing because it stretches everything out so it's easier to hold sustains to the end and squeeze for me in general. Thanks for the tips! If I think of anything else I'll definitely leave you another comment.
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

conlan22 wrote:
Haha no problem. Yeah I have all the paths downloaded. I think I was having trouble getting all the whammy. It doesn't seem like early whammy helped at all, but I definitely noticed that I really had to hold sustains past the end to make sure I got the most whammy out of them. I read something else about GHM having front ends that won't count if you hit the select button too close to when you strum, but as long as I have blue flames I should be good right?

I think my other problem might be I'm coming back into the game after not playing for a while so I am on a lower hyperspeed. I find the faster the chart the better for squeezing because it stretches everything out so it's easier to hold sustains to the end and squeeze for me in general. Thanks for the tips! If I think of anything else I'll definitely leave you another comment.

Just as a follow up to this- yes, blue flames mean you got the squeeze, front end or back. You do have to ensure you hit select before you strum the note to get the front end, unlike GH1 or 3 where you can hit them at the same time. However once you get used to the motion you can minimize the gap between select and strum to almost nil. It is also true regarding whammying that you need to not cut the sustain short if at all possible. You will lose both ticks and sp if you don't hold the sustain till the end.

As for your comment about faster songs, higher BPM actually does make squeezes easier. The timing window on each note gets condensed since they're closer together, and you can double strum the last two notes on the backend much quicker for an easier squeeze. At least it feels easier anyway.

Good luck with GHM H! Hope to see you near the top once we're both done
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Voidedlefty  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All that's good advice, but man my guitar sucks at whammy. I don't notice it as much as lefty because I always have at least a half-second delay between strumming and whammying anyways, but when I play righty (and especially on the New School games) I almost always have some milliseconds of missed whammy at the start of every sustain no matter what. It keeps barely-one-phrase-SP phrases juuuuuust out of reach. I have heard about there being a way to sort-of fix this inside the guitar itself, but I admit I've been afraid to try in case it ruined the whammy entirely.

But enough about me whinging. Great job with the WT HGFGFC! Did Hot for Teacher or Satch give you troubles? The former gave me a bit of a grind, while the latter I literally got out of nowhere after hitting Solo D once, so there's quite the dichotomy.

GH Accomplishments
RB Accomplishments

FC count: 9
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extended sustain glitching... urgh, hate that stuff. Whoever came up with the chart for Vinternoll2 (for example) is, well, annoying lol. Personally never even try because I can never do it right, even with watching tips and stuff. Unless we're talking Band Hero, then I managed to do it on one song a little bit!

Anyway, as always excellent FCs and scores all round for you!

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voidedlefty wrote:
All that's good advice, but man my guitar sucks at whammy. I don't notice it as much as lefty because I always have at least a half-second delay between strumming and whammying anyways, but when I play righty (and especially on the New School games) I almost always have some milliseconds of missed whammy at the start of every sustain no matter what. It keeps barely-one-phrase-SP phrases juuuuuust out of reach. I have heard about there being a way to sort-of fix this inside the guitar itself, but I admit I've been afraid to try in case it ruined the whammy entirely.

But enough about me whinging. Great job with the WT HGFGFC! Did Hot for Teacher or Satch give you troubles? The former gave me a bit of a grind, while the latter I literally got out of nowhere after hitting Solo D once, so there's quite the dichotomy.

Yeah, whammy is super difficult. I think some of it is actually guitar-dependent, as there are certain single sp phrase activations I just can't seem to get with my LP. Or maybe I also suck at whammying lol. As for the WT H stuff, HFT was by far the biggest hurdle to the FGFC. Satch went down pretty quick, solo D is way easier on H haha (I hit it almost every time). Really though the biggest hurdle was taking the time to grind out the remaining FCs while making a decent attempt at squeezing lol.

Chrisssss wrote:
Extended sustain glitching... urgh, hate that stuff. Whoever came up with the chart for Vinternoll2 (for example) is, well, annoying lol. Personally never even try because I can never do it right, even with watching tips and stuff. Unless we're talking Band Hero, then I managed to do it on one song a little bit!

Anyway, as always excellent FCs and scores all round for you!

Yeah extended sustain glitching really sucks. On the one hand, it often gives me the advantage over all but a handful of players on certain songs, but then I'm often down by a few thousand points to those same players, haha.

EDIT: 5/4/21- Wow, after 11 years I finally got another FC in GH2! BatH was always a song I knew I could get, especially using PAL. But between the lack of a PAL-compatible TV and my weird calibration for GH2, I never really made any serious attempts at the FC. However, since I got access to PAL again, I had to try for the FC once more (after failing at trogdor for hours, lol). Last night I played a few runs, and somehow ended up hitting the first half of solo D twice in a row within the first few runs. I couldn't quite replicate that afterwards, although I got more consistent at solo A-C and the end of solo D. Today I knew I had to grind like my life depended on it. After a few hours, I finally hit the beginning of solo D again... and FCd out! I can't believe I didn't choke post solo, in solo E, or even in the second half of solo D! Pretty great score too, only missing 200 in the solo. Now I just gotta FC trogdor...

FC video: https://youtu.be/v54jezMHyGM
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling

Last edited by alexhaz64 on Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jellu  

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG. Did you use the proper hopo method or just strum through hoping for the best? I do the latter and my best run is guitar-related choke in chorus 4 or 5. Karma.

Seeing how far you've gotten in the old games, it's scary to thing where you can go once you decide to grind out the easier stuff left in new games. You'll be at 645 with just Eruption, SF, TDWF and IYWPPFW

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mighty fine FC

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jellu wrote:
GG. Did you use the proper hopo method or just strum through hoping for the best? I do the latter and my best run is guitar-related choke in chorus 4 or 5. Karma.

Seeing how far you've gotten in the old games, it's scary to thing where you can go once you decide to grind out the easier stuff left in new games. You'll be at 645 with just Eruption, SF, TDWF and IYWPPFW

I actually did a little bit of both methods. The first strumming section I strummed straight through (PAL ftw!), and the strumming at the end I used the hopos. This seemed to be the most consistent method for each half of solo D, and it worked out Hopefully you can return to GH2 at some point to fix that awful choke! As for the "easier stuff" in the new games, I've been pretty close to Eruption, TDWF, and IYWP, so I would definitely give them a decent shot. That being said, they're all still hard AF haha. 647 is pretty much my ultimate goal at this point.

Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
mighty fine FC

Thanks! I may have just topped it :D

EDIT: 5/8/21- Well this is both unexpected and yet completely expected. I've been working on Trogdor a lot since I got PAL, and got multiple -1s and 2s, as well as many streaks up to the middle of the Orange strumming. After I FCd BatH, I knew the only thing left to do was Trogdor. I was prepared for another insanely long grind, and it was certainly looking that way, until I realized that I was actually strumming too slow! I was overcompensating this whole time, which led to me missing 1-3 notes every time when falling behind. After I adjusted my speed, I started getting -1s much more consistently, and even hit the strumming in practice once! I had to take it to real runs at that point. Not too long after... the magic run happened! FC #63 for GH2, leaving only Jordan left! I can't believe how quickly this fell after BatH, to the point where I'm including both FCs in my thread title, lol. The only thing that could make me happier would be if I had hit the backend on the second act, haha. My score sucks but its ok, at least I FCd.

As for what's next, the obvious thing is to FC the song on Hard. I will likely try this for a while before moving on to other projects. I know Jordan is alluring as a GH2 FGFC would be incredible, but I am nowhere close to FCing that song. That being said, I might try practicing solo B and C a bit more...

Trogdor FC video: https://youtu.be/rIejRnKRMNE
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling

Last edited by alexhaz64 on Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes this is mightier and finer. crazy streak going on.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
Jellu  

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing. Just amazing. I'm playing some GH2 today and maybe tomorrow. But everything is just terrible in that game yeah I agree you should definitely go for the hard FC while you're on a roll. Because FSFC is pretty easy after that. But since Jordan is impossible I think we'll soon see how easy Eruption, TDWF and IYWP are

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152  Next
Page 148 of 152

Jump to: