ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
WSVG TORONTO AUGUST 24-26! (Congrats Kov, AlexMFL, Priest!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cajunpepper879  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Menace wrote:
It's one thing to play in front of your TV at home, but I can tell you from first hand experience that unless you're used to standing in front of crowds, it's nerve-wracking. Those lights are hotter than you'd think, and looking out at all those faces is very intimidating.

I don't know why Freddie Wong's brother got a 29 score yesterday, he 4*'d and got about 91% on Dead...I would have given him 10 on performance, but a 10 on difficulty and a 9 on accuracy? What a joke.

A on a song ES said he FCd second try? And he got a 29? Ridiculous, if HellAshes taps jordan, and loses, well...
Davesterio  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What song did HA play cause my live stream never worked
jfwong  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Menace wrote:
It's one thing to play in front of your TV at home, but I can tell you from first hand experience that unless you're used to standing in front of crowds, it's nerve-wracking. Those lights are hotter than you'd think, and looking out at all those faces is very intimidating.

I don't know why Freddie Wong's brother got a 29 score yesterday, he 4*'d and got about 91% on Dead...I would have given him 10 on performance, but a 10 on difficulty and a 9 on accuracy? What a joke.

Are you kidding? Dead is easily the hardest song in the game and 4 stars is automatically a 9 or above score.

Except not. The judging yesterday was among the worst, but today they had some changes to the system that we're all still here working on. We had a nice little pow-wow of people sitting down and discussing things that needed to be changed, etc etc.

In any case, just wanted to let you all know that I of all people sure know that a 29 was one of the most ridiculous scores that anybody got. A 6 on accuracy and a 7 on difficulty would have been more reasonable, the way I played it at least.

And since all of you are obsessing over Hellashes, he played Beast and the Harlot, got a 26 and is moving on to the final 16, as am I.

Oh and if there's any controversy about me, don't forget about the guy who also got a 29 with a 3* performance on Beast and the Harlot. Pure pwnage.

-jw
Nuke39  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfwong wrote:
Menace wrote:

Are you kidding? Dead is easily the hardest song in the game and 4 stars is automatically a 9 or above score.

Except not. The judging yesterday was among the worst, but today they had some changes to the system that we're all still here working on. We had a nice little pow-wow of people sitting down and discussing things that needed to be changed, etc etc.

In any case, just wanted to let you all know that I of all people sure know that a 29 was one of the most ridiculous scores that anybody got. A 6 on accuracy and a 7 on difficulty would have been more reasonable, the way I played it at least.

And since all of you are obsessing over Hellashes, he played Beast and the Harlot, got a 26 and is moving on to the final 16, as am I.

Oh and if there's any controversy about me, don't forget about the guy who also got a 29 with a 3* performance on Beast and the Harlot. Pure pwnage.

-jw

Question jw: The person who got the 3* on BatH, was he the one mentioned on the website who played it on Hyperspeed? Because it mentioned you, him and Sal as the best performers.
Pantallica  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfwong wrote:
Menace wrote:

-jw

Yeah dude, your performance was awesome. I don't think you deserved a 29 though. I'm the guy who shook your hand after, in the bodom sweater.

I 5 starred SCoM, only missed some randomass notes, nailed the solo. I tried to interact with the crowd but they just weren't giving, I had to wave at the lame ass judges for points.

The judges are dumb and bias. I scored a 20 for a 5 star where my friend scored 22 for playing on medium.

If I had played xbox 360 before, the finals would have been different.

Good luck to all you guys. Royal Yorkers, get in touch with me so we can play some customs. I'm here all week.
Kratos  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all I can say is everybody participating seems to be real cool about it. Other games like halo and smash bros have elitest pros who smock at nooby scum, but guitar hero is the community I've seen with the most sportsmanship in all its manners.
cajunpepper879  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do they notice hyperspeed makes it easier?
Pantallica  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cajunpepper879 wrote:
Do they notice hyperspeed makes it easier?

no, when I used it they were all "Wow, hyperspeed AND expert!? We have a real guitar hero here folks!"

I lawl'd
ScoreHero3  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they most likely do but i guess its like a crowd pleaser lol or maybe a judge pleaser
toymachine  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boomemlr wrote:
He got a 1 on performance... WOW

looks like I was streamed after all

PS: I have everyone that matters video taped

it will take me awhile to get this up though

Freddie Wong, Priest, KoT, GreatDane, Hash. and HellAshes doing Six

all FUCKING INCREDIBLE

Kov's performance was good- but he's done better
bodom69  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Meh Reply with quote

I'm bodom69. The one that scored 26 on freebird at the open then absolutely butchered hangar 18. If the style judge gave me one more point, I would have made it! But he gives the kid 10 for just standing there, when he gives me five for not moving around enough (stomping, headbanging, etc). That guy must be on drugs. A shout out to No1ButU, cwo04, and toymachine, cya guys at 11AM tommorow!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
toymachine  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Meh Reply with quote

bodom69 wrote:
I'm bodom69. The one that scored 26 on freebird at the open then absolutely butchered hangar 18. If the style judge gave me one more point, I would have made it! But he gives the kid 10 for just standing there, when he gives me five for not moving around enough (stomping, headbanging, etc). That guy must be on drugs. A shout out to No1ButU, cwo04, and toymachine, cya guys at 11AM tommorow!

THE LURKER SPEAKS!
cajunpepper879  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Meh Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
bodom69 wrote:

THE LURKER SPEAKS!

omg teh lurker!
dpoeschl  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone, this is dpoeschl/Hash checking in from Toronto.

The Top 16 starts today at noon eastern time. The coolest thing about this event (aside from getting to meet/hang out with everybody) is definitely the fact that the people in charge of the event are FINALLY listening to us and getting our input on the scoring system -- and they're actually going to be implementing (some very much needed) changes based on the group consensus. While it sucks for everybody that got screwed somehow point-wise, they are making an effort to improve the system, which makes us all very happy.

I know this has been said, and I don't want to get people more upset... but try to be minimal about making fun of peoples performances/scores on here. It's a lot harder on stage than you'd ever imagine - ask anyone who's done WSVG.

I'm not telling anybody what they can/can't say on here, but one of the things I love about the WSVG is how all the SH people (and really all the competitors) support each other. Everybody cheers for everybody else even though they're your competition, and one of the top players even drove a good bit yesterday morning just to pick up another player whose bus broke down. It's a little saddening to see that kind of group support and encouragement doesn't thrive on here the same way as it does at the events.

Also, Hi to all the new SH people I've met at this event!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: dpoeschl
cheedie101  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
boomemlr wrote:
He got a 1 on performance... WOW

looks like I was streamed after all

PS: I have everyone that matters video taped

it will take me awhile to get this up though

Freddie Wong, Priest, KoT, GreatDane, Hash. and HellAshes doing Six

all FUCKING INCREDIBLE

Kov's performance was good- but he's done better

No I don't think you were streamed, there was a guy before you who got a 1 on performance. (NiteFever)

Deimos wrote:
"~WeeDSk8r420's~Pot~Page~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 20 of 43

Jump to: