ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Just got started on Beatmania... good beginner styles?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Popn'Music and Beatmania
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Potatomasher  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Just got started on Beatmania... good beginner styles? Reply with quote

I started playing Happy Sky, and the US version of Beatmania just yesterday. (Konami US controller, wax paper slipmat newly installed, screw loosened slightly)

I've been playing a bit today, and while I definitely have a hell of a long way to go, obviously, I've been getting pretty much all the level 1 (Beginner mode) songs up to A or AA scores, up from B's and C's yesterday.

I saw on here in another thread that Happy Sky was really good for beginners, but it doesn't let you play beginner mode in the normal game or free mode (unless I'm missing something), and beginner mode doesn't give you any stats on how you're doing, and it doesn't even show you your score on any of the songs you've played (in the song select menu), just an indicator showing if you've played it.

Makes it a bit hard to see how I'm progessing, especially since score sites like vjarmy don't even accept Beginner scores.

I'm liking Happy Sky's songs better than the US version's, and in Beginner I can clear all the 1's, most 2's I've tried, and a few 3's. But, in the US version, I can just choose Beginner difficulty in Game/Free modes and it'll tell me what my scores on the songs are, and show my score increases/decreases/etc...

Happy Sky has a whole ONE song rated as a 1 (and I'm ranked #972/978 on it on VJArmy, hell yeah!), so normal mode is kinda out for the time being. I passed one of the 2's on normal too, but it looks like I should stick to Beginner mode for a while.

So, are there any imports that are a little more beginner friendly and actually give useful information on beginner scores? Maybe there's a way to get Happy Sky to do this?
Matt  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at it this way: in a week or two you won't even want to touch beginner mode.
Mark 8:36
Potatomasher  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you're probably right. I'm definitely already getting a lot more used to this. Still getting lost on the keys more than I'd like, but I'm getting there. Just got an A rank on a song I failed miserably on yesterday, on my first try today.

Hi-Speed has helped. Just on Hi-Speed 1 for now, but I'll see about working it up a bit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Popn'Music and Beatmania All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: