ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
For Matt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Dance Dance Revolution
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fly1ngV  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

me and winDEU when we talk, think of little kids running across the screen as another mod. they should put that into an ITG 3 marathon, just have it programmed that a certain time during the course a kid runs across the screen or they hire someone that would do that and distract the player.
cheedie101  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I brought out DDR for the first time in awhile today. I used to be able to at least pass every song on standard but I was still pretty bad.

How are you guys so good?

I mean is there a trick or something or should I just stick with GH...?

Deimos wrote:
"~WeeDSk8r420's~Pot~Page~
eeryktheweird  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheedie101 wrote:
I brought out DDR for the first time in awhile today. I used to be able to at least pass every song on standard but I was still pretty bad.

How are you guys so good?

I mean is there a trick or something or should I just stick with GH...?

There isn't really a trick you just have to know the game and dont always step back to the middle, but I'm assuming you already knew that
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tyrgannus  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perseverance really.

I can pass all ITG songs on single, most on double, all DDR songs Pre-Supernova on Double, AA or higher on Single, and pass all the Supernova songs on Single.

And trust me, I didn't start off that good.

Of course, I think people have natural ability towards something like DDR and thus some people will be playing Heavy one week after they start playing and others may never even get to Heavy. While practice makes everybody improve (maybe not at the rate they desire), people with natural ability will always dominate a given field. I am better than most people, sure, but trust me, I am humbled beyond all belief if I start watching YouTube vids and I'm still humbled when I go to local tournaments. I am no where near the best in any way shape or form, but I'm still pretty good.

The "trick" really is all in truly familiarizing yourself with the aspects of gameplay. Know how to stand to conserve the most energy while still retaining all your footspeed, know when to crossover and when to double step, instantly know rhythms perfectly by simply looking at them the first time, implement ghost stepping in sparce sections, use the bar and use it well with good form and posture, use your whole foot as opposed to standing on your toes, don't move more than you have to, etc.. etc...

Many people find what I described too technical and a way to kill the fun of a dancing game and strip the actual dancing element out of it. It all comes down to what you find more important. If DDR is meant to have a blast with friends and goof off, by all means play however you want, heck, take up freestyling. That's always a blast late at night at a party. If you aim to truly master scoring, passing, and combong tough songs, then use the basic strategies listed above......and find out ones that work for you especially.

Last but not least is synching. Dance games are made by humans and humans make mistakes which means that every song is synced slightly differently, which if you are aiming for an impressive score, can be VERY irritating. The solution is two-fold, though not simple by any means and something I struggle with myself. You must learn to play visually as well as audibly, and you must learn individually songs syncing, whether early or late, or if there are more subtle and frustrating syncing discrepencies (such as VerTex) that you must be aware of while playing a song.

That's all for now. It's freaking 3 in the morning.
coolkidex  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, my name's matt too and I'm pretty good at DDR. Then I lost ALL my ability to play because of guitar hero. Eh, I dont mind.
tiwo  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt wrote:
But I've already AA'd or AAA'd all the songs on Extreme heavy/challenge.

lol, same here. once i was able to pass pandemonium regularly, ddr, did't seem as hard anymore.

600k TWiE [] (DAMMIT 598k)
FC TWiE []
30 Expert FCs [] (20-something)
top 50 overall [] (maybe if i actually put a recent score up)
700k TTFaT [] (620k)
say something so blatantly amazing that someone has to put it in their sig []
Make a goals list [X!!!]
xxspinthediscxx  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well my game tag is FATX I use to play all the time im not that great but I can pass everything on ddr mostly with a AA including MAX300 and crap (excluding PSMO,Fascination MaxX, and Chaos, havent really played supernova 2 yet) of that nature on in the groove I passed everything but Blood Rush, Summer, Vertex^2, and Pandy. Also played Pump it up can pass about 14s on nightmare and 19s on crazy. I have some videos of me passed delirum and such on youtube nothing amazing tho, Ive got some pretty good scores on lower songs like a 99.65 on mouth. I don't play as much anymore tho seeing as the cloest machine that is worth using is 2 hours away.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xxspinthediscxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Dance Dance Revolution All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: