ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
New GH.com XML feeds let you take your scores on the road!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ErikSchierboom  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tma wrote:
Debr5836 is a user on this forum. He wrote some scripts which analyze the midi/mid.qb files from the games and works out potentially optimal star paths for them. The results are here:

http://www.bradleyzoo.com/GuitarHero/index.html

Well, that is very interesting! Those note charts and the associated scores look extremely good. I'll will be adding some of those cutoffs to my graph, although initially I'll probably stick with the No SP and 100% squeeze cutoffs to prevent the graph from becoming cluttered. I will have to improve the graph a bit I think to make it more clear what the cutoff represents.

A small question on the note charts, I see they highlight the star power notes but does the chart also display when to use star power, I can't seem to use it. Perhaps I can link to the bradleyzoo page if Debr5836 has no problems with it?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ErikSchierboom wrote:
tma wrote:
http://www.bradleyzoo.com/GuitarHero/index.html

Well, that is very interesting! Those note charts and the associated scores look extremely good. I'll will be adding some of those cutoffs to my graph, although initially I'll probably stick with the No SP and 100% squeeze cutoffs to prevent the graph from becoming cluttered. I will have to improve the graph a bit I think to make it more clear what the cutoff represents.

A small question on the note charts, I see they highlight the star power notes but does the chart also display when to use star power, I can't seem to use it. Perhaps I can link to the bradleyzoo page if Debr5836 has no problems with it?

You're probably only looking at the GH3 charts. Debr hasn't released the paths for those yet. If you look at the older ones you will see the charts with the paths mapped out. The general rule is that the paths won't be released until three months after the game has been released.

As for linking to them, I don't think that would be a problem but you might want to send him an PM.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: zzUrbanSpaceman
ErikSchierboom  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll send him a PM! Next up for my website is expanding the recent performances with FC information and the number of stars.

Those paths look amazing by the way, great work!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way I used these xml feeds to make a facebook app. You can post your stats on your profile page:

http://apps.facebook.com/ghstats/

If you guys have any feedback or ideas for my app let me know either on here or through facebook.

Cheers
ErikSchierboom  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've added a feature to schier.eu that might interest you all: comparing multiple accounts at the same time! It works as follows: you select a song and enter the account IDs of the users you want to compare to, where account IDs are separated by placing a comma between them.

You can check it out at http://www.schier.eu/song/multiple/ , where all you have to do is select a song and enter the account IDs in the format I detailed before. Say that we want to compare the users with account IDs: 12345, 23456 and 34567. We would fill in the account IDs textfield with the value "18322,334252,377292". Now if you can on the compare accounts button, you will be redirected to http://www.schier.eu/song/threes_and_sevens/multiple/18322,334252,377292/ (if you have select 3's and 7's as the song). I think that this URI will make it clear how to use the functionality, you can also directly edit the URL if you want.

Now if you are viewing http://www.schier.eu/song/threes_and_sevens/multiple/18322,334252,377292/, you will see that it displays the stats of all the accounts for the song 3's and 7's on regular mode on the easy difficulty. The list is automatically ordered by score, so the account with the highest score will be displayed first. Furthermore, the highest values for a stat type (like score, rank or hit percentage) will be displayed in bold format. Note that it is perfectly possible for several accounts to have the same (highest) hit percentage, and therefore they could all be displayed bold. For easy viewing, the bottom of the table lists the highest values for each stat type. Lastly, the table can be easily sorted on any column by clicking on the column.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know what's going on with the XML feeds? They've been broken for a few days now.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: zzUrbanSpaceman
tma  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tma wrote:
Does anyone know what's going on with the XML feeds? They've been broken for a few days now.

Never mind, they're back.
21hawk8  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will inprove to get a lot beter in guitar hero 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: