ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S9 - GH2 Coop - Open Difficulty League Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elx  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: S9 - GH2 Coop - Open Difficulty League Thread Reply with quote

Welcome to Season 9 of Scorehero Leagues!

This thread is for discussion of the GH2 Coop Open Difficulty leagues. With the new interface, there will no longer be actual threads for the results.

We are still sorting out who will be commissioning each league this season.

Week 1 Songs
Will be posted at the leagues page

All songs must be submitted Saturday Night by 11:59 PM EST (9PM PST). There is no way for us to add or edit scores. If you miss the deadline there is no way for your scores to be counted. If you typo your score, there is no way for us to fix it. Please be careful.

When submitting your scores, the following are now REQUIRED:
Score - Note Streak and %.
Failure to submit each of those field will result in a disqualified score!

DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR SCORES VIA PM!
This season, to facilitate score input, we will be usinghttp://www.scorehero.com/leagues for score submissions. Score submission will go up at some point tonight, it may not be ready exactly at midnight.

Where will results be posted? Results will be posted at http://www.scorehero.com/leagues. We will no longer be having result threads.

When will results be posted?
Results will be posted at 11:59 PM EST every Sunday night. This is 24 hours after the deadline.

Playoffs

Playoffs will consist of around half the active participants in each league. In order to be placed into playoffs, you MUST submit scores for Week 4, or if for some reason you are unable to submit you must notify your commissioner before the week 4 deadline.

Forum Conduct
For returning players, we will be running the same rules in the forum as season 7. For those of you who are new, we allow and encourage open discussion of songs. You can talk about the songs, ask for help, post about how you hate the song..whatever.

What you are NOT allowed to post, is hints on your scores. Do not post your current score, do not post a hint about your scores, do not even post if you full combo'd a song or got a specific percentage. Talk of this nature only serves to either fuel your competition, or discourage others. Everybody will know what everybody else got at the end of the week.

We also ask that you do not post league-obtained scores on SH for the week. If you do, it is all too easy for your competition to just look it up.
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, a lot of action so far in this thread .

Radium Eyes and Misirlou both don't have any discussion in the sp forums, so this should be interesting (especially if it involves my severe lack of pathing skills ). Good luck everyone!

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brockbfball1563 wrote:
Wow, a lot of action so far in this thread .

Radium Eyes and Misirlou both don't have any discussion in the sp forums, so this should be interesting (especially if it involves my severe lack of pathing skills ). Good luck everyone!

it's especially going to be bad considering my friend doesn't like to play this game all that much anymore, and on top of that we have AP/IB exams starting this week hopefully we can still do well in a relatively short amount of plays without too much pathing

bballcenter7  

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we are entering scores, since GH2 gives two %s, one for each player, should we report the best % or just average them together?

CnewbyHST  

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i believe each member should input the same score or their name with THEIR OWN percentage and note streak.
nowaymang  

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CnewbyHST wrote:
i believe each member should input the same score or their name with THEIR OWN percentage and note streak.

I cannot say how the x-box version reports score, having never touched an x-box, but the ps2 version only gives one note streak (for both players) and two percentages.

1) Play for fun.
2) Play for fun.
3) Play for fun.

~ Nothing seems weird to me anymore.
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I came up with some decent paths for both songs, but coming up with a path for Misirlou doesn't really mean a whole lot if you can't actually play it well . At least my partner and I did well on Radium Eyes. I think I found the optimal path. The lead got all the squeezes but bass didn't get really any of them because he's using the x-plorer. We were going to work more on Misirlou, but my xbox broke, so our crap run will have to do. I'll post my paths in the sp forums when 12:00 rolls around.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noooooooooooooo! I just knew that YYZ would be coming up. This song gives me the fits.

1) Play for fun.
2) Play for fun.
3) Play for fun.

~ Nothing seems weird to me anymore.
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our scores were crap for the most part. Got 1 run in on RE and posted the score with like 4 seconds to spare. Misirlou is just.... well.... miserlou/miserable.

Sticky red fret key caused a lot of stress so replacing the LP, expect better scores from us next round

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to my sheer amazement my brother and I actually got the RE FC, I really didn't think he was capable of going so long without messing up at least once. We had a fairly decent path too, almost definitely not optimal, but pretty good. We used 2-5-2-2-2-etc. until the end of the song, and it seemed to work pretty well.

On the other hand, Misirlou was interesting, I'm okay at it, but not super consistent, and the best part to earn points in the song (tri chord fest at the end) was negated by the fact that my bro couldn't do the trills. Ah well, on to week two

eraser2224  

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuck, i wish had known this existed before this very second (i.e. one day late).
eraser2224  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey can someone post the week's song in this thread. my partner and i want to "unofficially" do it since we didn't know about this league until it was too late. since we aren't signed up we can't see the week's songs on the league page also, make sure you post your scores to the boards so maybe we can revive the gh2 coop scene!
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eraser2224 wrote:
hey can someone post the week's song in this thread. my partner and i want to "unofficially" do it since we didn't know about this league until it was too late. since we aren't signed up we can't see the week's songs on the league page also, make sure you post your scores to the boards so maybe we can revive the gh2 coop scene!

Last week's songs were Misirlou and Radium Eyes, and this week's are Soy Bomb and YYZ.

I'm glad to see my first time pathing was a success! And lol at the top four spots being within 1.5 points of each other ! If only my xbox died AFTER we got to play Misirlou more than twice. Our best run was the only run that we managed to hit all sp and use it in the right spots (according to my path at least), but it was still a really shitty run. I was hoping for maybe around 400k if we could manage a decent run, but that didn't even come close to happening. Pathing YYZ is going to be really tough, but Soy Bomb should be easy enough. Hopefully, since YYZ is basically the best coop song in the game, there's already a good discussion going on in the sp forums. Good luck everyone!

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brockbfball1563 wrote:
And lol at the top four spots being within 1.5 points of each other !

perhaps we're close now, but my friend and i plan to pull away from the pack this week and in upcoming weeks. best be on your game, it's on!!

edit: nevermind, my friend won't even play the songs anymore... we played yyz once then he quit, and the run sucked so we didn't submit a score at all this week... spent a while making a path for it too... oh well, looks like we're dropping this league unfortunately, good luck to the rest of you all

Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FTK and HSB aren't great songs for coop, but they could beworse. Hopefully I have enough time with an xbox this week to actually be able to play the songs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: