ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Official 'Opinions on note tracks' thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MasterBlaster  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of my favorite charts-

Song: Cowboys From Hell

Difficulty: 9, 9.5/10

I love this chart. It's cool that even a GH1 chart can get this much love from me. The main riff is a joy to play, and I love the ending part after the solo too- etc. It's especially cool because it seems to fit needing to be completely strummed too, it's got such a great rhythm (although I'd like to HO/PO the part). Dimebag was so good. And the solo is epic too, not just because it sounds good but because strumming every note sounds cool and works well, especially for the part. Great chart. It fits well in the setlist, too, it's a great prelude to Bark At The Moon and totally deserves last-tier status.

Song: Raining Blood

Difficulty: 10

Knock it all you want, you find a song that has the challenge and intensity of Raining Blood that holds it so well and never lets up. Once you get good enough, this song is sweet, lots of fun. The opening riff is lots of fun, as is the triplets, and seguing from the Mosh right to the Verse to the slower part gets the adrenaline going. I love how you have to stay on your toes, it really keeps you working hard. And then it builds it up, slowly, with harder stuff, and then it explodes into the Flood. I'm sure the Flood is mostly whammied and doesn't involve tapping, which is really pretty much the only way to do this unless you're Lo7, which you're not. But, hell, it's hard and lots of fun to learn. Very few songs have the replay value of this one.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Song: raining blood

Difficulty: expert

Opinions: well most ppl think that this chart was made too hard, cuz it's the only one that most ppl cant 5 star, well i think it was aboslutly perfect, the point in el jefe is to show off your hard work, he would be worthless if you just got him first try in every song

*prowd owner of el jefe*
stevenlarged  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamenamegoeshere wrote:

Opinions: well most ppl think that this chart was made too hard, cuz it's the only one that most ppl cant 5 star

most people think it was made too hard because they CHARTED WHAMMIES AS FUCKING TRILLS. That is horrible charting.
Nailuj  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenlarged wrote:
lamenamegoeshere wrote:

Opinions: well most ppl think that this chart was made too hard, cuz it's the only one that most ppl cant 5 star

most people think it was made too hard because they CHARTED WHAMMIES AS FUCKING TRILLS. That is horrible charting.

Well you can't chart forced whammies >.>

How would you chart it?

Keep in mind that sustains would be incredibly boring, and the suspense of the song will all lead up to nothing.
-Magnum-  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Noah023"][quote="duck"]
this1neguy wrote:
I agree, that Before I Forget bridge is incredibly annoying. How many people in the world that aren't "named" HellAshes, PriestMLH, wuLFe, etc can hit
| || || || || |
repeatedly? I know I can't.

I just use 1-3 fingering for all the chords. It makes it a lot easier; try it, you might find it helpful.

[X] Top 100 in a song (Soothsayer - #32)
..... (Exo Politics - #99)

The Ultimate Bonus Songs Guide
Anatomizing The Cliffs Of Dover - 5* & FC Guide
Beast And The Harlot - Expert - 5* Guide
Stricken Guide v.1.1
stevenlarged  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nailuj wrote:
stevenlarged wrote:
lamenamegoeshere wrote:

Well you can't chart forced whammies >.>

How would you chart it?

Keep in mind that sustains would be incredibly boring, and the suspense of the song will all lead up to nothing.

i would chart it just like the second solo of DOA. I like charts to either be accurate or fun, not neither.
Dragonwolf  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenlarged wrote:

i would chart it just like the second solo of DOA. I like charts to either be accurate or fun, not neither.

What song is DOA? Damn, I HATE song acronyms.
GH80:
Play With Me - 2k points short
GH3:
Fire & Flames - 120k points short
KooolAid  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragonwolf wrote:
stevenlarged wrote:

What song is DOA? Damn, I HATE song acronyms.

DOA is DOA its not an accronym, its a rock band dlc and what he was talking about is instead of intense trills they just but long notes, which is 100000000000000000x easier.
[x] Learn to tap + beat TTFAF
[] 5* TTFAF
RB:
Expert Drums [] <RTTH>
FC New dlc songs of the week []
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Koool Aid34
directshot999  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this1neguy wrote:
I agree, that Before I Forget bridge is incredibly annoying. How many people in the world that aren't "named" HellAshes, PriestMLH, wuLFe, Directshot999, etc can hit
| || || || || |

Fixed.

It's not as tough as you think, go 1-3 1-3 2-4 all the way.

As for Raining Blood... I'm glad its charted as trills. It would be extremely boring if it was charted like that boring ass 2nd solo of DOA, and it wouldn't fit the 8th tier.
TheBigBB  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

directshot999 wrote:
this1neguy wrote:
I agree, that Before I Forget bridge is incredibly annoying. How many people in the world that aren't "named" HellAshes, PriestMLH, wuLFe, Directshot999, etc can hit
| || || || || |

Fixed.

It's not as tough as you think, go 1-3 1-3 2-4 all the way.

As for Raining Blood... I'm glad its charted as trills. It would be extremely boring if it was charted like that boring ass 2nd solo of DOA, and it wouldn't fit the 8th tier.

LOL yeah, I've actually hit most of that part of the song before, and I am terrible. Truly epicly terrible. I have 6 FCs on GH3 after owning it since day 1.

Strum every beat and slide your fingers up and down the neck. Very little finger movement required. Keep the fingers in the same position. If you can slide your fingers left and right and strum, you got it.
nickyboy909  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that mosh 1 in raining blod should be charted like this:
ect.?

i think so

SteveAbKI  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Mosh 1....people who constantly complain about overcharting should be happy that this part was arguably undercharted. It's all strummed on real guitar, no HO/PO. Plus, as the previous poster said, that would be a more accurate charting of it. That, plus all strumming...well, that would just suck.
swanny  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw the note chart for Mercy and boy does it suck.
SummonerX929  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swanny wrote:

Looking at the note chart does not do Mercy justice. If you actually played it you might like it a lot more. I think it's one of the best in the game.

/opiniated rant
Yewb  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swanny wrote:

Yeah, I don't think you can base an opinion of a notechart on a simple visual representation at all. By that measure, I should love playing Number of the Beast
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 22 of 35

Jump to: