ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Goodbye everybody...for now
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject: Goodbye everybody...for now Reply with quote

Don't know if anyone cares, but just writing to say goodbye to everybody...I leave for Japan tomorrow morning to live there for at least a year teaching English. I actually packed my SG controller in my suitcase because I definitely can't live without GH for that long...but I probably won't be able to be on ScoreHero for at least a couple weeks until I get my internet set up.
Anyway I hope to be able to talk with you guys just as much about GH 2 when it comes out...I'm definitely gonna order it while I'm in Japan.

So MrQuiet, popemobile, blackmamba, achat, echelar etc. etc....enjoy your vacation from the mighty JHetfield now and pile up the points, cause when I come back, I'll be back with a vengeance!! ::evil villain laughter::

See you for now, everybody

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodbye for now. And good luck getting things set up in Japan. I'm so jealous. I can't imagine how many cheap Saturn games I could get over there. Anyways, have a good time.

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

Dreyvas  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won't Guitar Hero be released later over there? :-X
trofl  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sayounara hetofiirudo-san! Anouuu... tanoshii koto o shitte! Ganbatte
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: wxtrofl
MrQuiet3  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See ya. Have a good trip.
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What part of Japan are you going to?

I was stationed at Yokota AB, in Fussa japan, about a half hour away from Tachikawa.

Enjoy the games over there while you can, as well as the 3 story high arcades. Bottom floor is normally rhythm games (lots of ddr and guitar freaks/drummania there, as well as pop'n music), middle floor is usually racers and top floor is your fighters/vertical shooters.

Oh and rack up all the famicom/super famicom games while you're there. If you are near a store called Hard Off, go to it. There should be a "Junk" section. Inside of there, you'll find Famicom and Super Famicom carts for like 40 cents apiece. All the games need are their contacts cleaned. Clean em, use goo gone to get rid of the price label, and they're good as new.

If you want a real blast, go to Akihabara (electric city). There is a store there called Super Potato. LOTS of good stuff in there, mounds and mounds of video game stuff, mainly classic stuff. I picked up a Japanese pong system for $50 there, in box. Also pick up a Famicom New while you're there. Its a toploader NES, you need an adapter to play american NES games (they're like $5 online). I say pick that up for two reasons. 1: The NES toploader in America is ONLY RF and the signal sucks balls. The Famicom New uses the same a/v connector that the SNES uses, and its crystal clear. 2: They're expensive as hell online, you're getting at least a $40 price cut by getting it there.

PM me if you want any cool info about Japan, and while you're there, climb Mt Fuji, do the night/sunrise tour. The sunrise is damn beautiful, while its not hot as balls climbing the volcano.

Have fun!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Hoyoooo
Anthony  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damnit now I want to go to Japan.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have fun!
Genga  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

enjoy man, dont forget us, and hope to speak to you soon
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy your stay there.

You've been a great part of the community here, respected as a skilled player and on the forums. I always enjoy reading your posts and wonder what you'll think of next.

Be sure to keep in touch, and spread the word in Japan!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so touching...

*tear*

take care of yourself man!

and f*ck some hot japanese chicks for me!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joker wrote:
so touching...

*tear*

take care of yourself man!

and f*ck some hot japanese chicks for me!

You can quite easily get one in tokyo.

Roppongi has lots of clubs, my favorite being gas panic. Techno club
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Hoyoooo
KetchuponEggs  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never went to Roppongi, i hear people get raped down that way more often. I didn't do the clubbin thing...

...if you can, go to Akihabara. thats where the fun is. I *think* thats the electronic district.

have fun JH, good luck, and safe travel!

<Fenster> eh
<Fenster> 89 is only 7 less
<Fenster> what's 7 quite bitter beings when you already have 89
* You were kicked from #toys by Echelar (MAGIC PENIS BOX-HO)
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Toxin066 PSN Name: Toxin066
popemobile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See ya, have fun, and don't expect to be 4th place when you start in Japan
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KetchuponEggs wrote:
I never went to Roppongi, i hear people get raped down that way more often. I didn't do the clubbin thing...

...if you can, go to Akihabara. thats where the fun is. I *think* thats the electronic district.

have fun JH, good luck, and safe travel!

Yep, look at my above post, I mention it ^_^

Oh and one thing to get used to in japan. Its very... loud. When you're downtown, a lot of stores have loud announcers, and their job is to yell the promotions that store is giving out.

And of course, everyone has to be louder than everyone else, so it gets very annoying quickly. Squeaky japanese voices screaming outside of their store, and in some cases like Akihabara, there's a lot of stores down every street.

And I'll mention one more time, when you're in Akihabara, if you like classic types of games (don't forget, you can play SNES, gameboy and virtual boy games on the american systems without any mods, and Famicom games by getting an adapter for the NES), go to Super Potato.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: