Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
CFH great note streak, another blown opportunity
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: CFH great note streak, another blown opportunity Reply with quote

Check out the 880 note streak...perfect through part of the 1st solo and yet another blown opportunity. My nerves got the best of me and I screwed up the end again. Heaven forbid I can just link the beginning and the end together.

Of course, after this run, I figured out a better fingering for the end and got it again, and then of course I couldn't get the beginning anymore. I seriously hate this game right now...it's absolutely infuriating. I am contemplating quitting until GH2 comes out, but still staying on ScoreHero...lately I always nail all these amazing parts of songs, but then I make some other ridiculous mistakes that I never made before, so my scores have nothing to show for it despite my skill. It's really making me too mad right now. At least I had my glory at #3 for a period of time...oh well...this just happened so I'm really really really really pissed off...but maybe I'll want to play again tomorrow or something when I'm calm again. I really want to kick a hole through my sliding tatami doors right now...

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
Kachie  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't quit! What kind of coach would that make you, hmmmm?

Be optimistic!

"I'm a loner dottie, a rebel, you don't want to get mixed up with a guy like me. . . "

b3nz0r  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want sliding tatami doors...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b3nz0r wrote:

funny... i thought the exact same thing...

- Shiek (in The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time)
b3nz0r  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: CFH great note streak, another blown opportunity Reply with quote

JHetfield0816 wrote:
Check out the 880 note streak...perfect through part of the 1st solo and yet another blown opportunity. My nerves got the best of me and I screwed up the end again. Heaven forbid I can just link the beginning and the end together.

Of course, after this run, I figured out a better fingering for the end and got it again, and then of course I couldn't get the beginning anymore. I seriously hate this game right now...it's absolutely infuriating. I am contemplating quitting until GH2 comes out, but still staying on ScoreHero...lately I always nail all these amazing parts of songs, but then I make some other ridiculous mistakes that I never made before, so my scores have nothing to show for it despite my skill. It's really making me too mad right now. At least I had my glory at #3 for a period of time...oh well...this just happened so I'm really really really really pissed off...but maybe I'll want to play again tomorrow or something when I'm calm again. I really want to kick a hole through my sliding tatami doors right now...

That makes me sad though. I got 421k with a 700 note streak so I can only imagine what that score would've been had you kept your game face on. Not that I'm criticizing, I have the exact same problem as you; hit something difficult then miss a note you hit the first day you bought the game.

Just gotta find hope in the fact that every play through is more practice, more familiarity and more muscle memory.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: CFH great note streak, another blown opportunity Reply with quote

b3nz0r wrote:

Just gotta find hope in the fact that every play through is more practice, more familiarity and more muscle memory.

Hey that actually makes me feel a little better...and actually looking at how average scores have improved over the past couple weeks, I think most likely you're right. You may have renewed my hope, b3nz0r....thanks!

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: Re: CFH great note streak, another blown opportunity Reply with quote

JHetfield0816 wrote:
Of course, after this run, I figured out a better fingering for the end and got it again

Do you hold your index finger down on green while using your ring finger for blue and your middle for red and your pinky for the orange? That's what I do for the GG BY GG BY BBOBYB part... I think that's it.

catfish7  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a blown opportunity in another way on this song. You're aiming for high score, I just want to get my last 5 star!

I hit 251,000 just now, slightly shy of the cutoff. I was on a huge roll (for me)! Man my heart is thumping so hard right now.

Well...I'm off to try again.
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My heart was doing like 1,000 bpm (definently an exaggeration. But who cares?) at the end when I had 255,000 and a x6 combo going into the GY chords at the very end before the BYRR YG thing which ends the song. Oh God, I got the 5* and I was so freaking happy. You probably saw my thread.

JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: CFH great note streak, another blown opportunity Reply with quote

COBW3BB wrote:
JHetfield0816 wrote:
Of course, after this run, I figured out a better fingering for the end and got it again

Do you hold your index finger down on green while using your ring finger for blue and your middle for red and your pinky for the orange? That's what I do for the GG BY GG BY BBOBYB part... I think that's it.

yeah i do that fingering...it was more the BYR YRG OBY BYR YRG part that magically temporarily gave me problems

DemonHybrid  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlCim wrote:
b3nz0r wrote:

funny... i thought the exact same thing...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DemonHybrid23
Shin  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean to sound like an asshole, but does every CFH story really need it's own topic?
popemobile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shin wrote:
I don't mean to sound like an asshole, but does every CFH story really need it's own topic?

yes it do
SThorpe  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we need full coverage on this epic JHet Vs. pope rivalry...

it's just what JHet does (he's a threadwhore, there's no denying it! :p )
Shin  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, sorry.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: