ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Official Through the Fire and Flames Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 70, 71, 72  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YouJustWanna  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a hard time strumming grinding scales. I feel like im strumming it right and my combo just breaks =[

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YouJustWanna wrote:
I have a hard time strumming grinding scales. I feel like im strumming it right and my combo just breaks =[

use the ho, and strum the quick triplets late, therefore you can almost be certain that you wont everstrumm the ho.

Also I need help hiting the 4th sp phrase, I dont no why I just cant hit it ever and it ruins so many 100k (after po2) runs!

HELP

Back on the 11th!
pinsicchio  

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I am new in this forum. I am italian.
Great thread and great forum, but I have a question: why do you not include guitarherophenom in the list of the ttfaf FC? He fced this song and many more, and I think he's better then iamchris4life
Pas26  

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinsicchio wrote:
Great thread and great forum, but I have a question: why do you not include guitarherophenom in the list of the ttfaf FC? He fced this song and many more, and I think he's better then iamchris4life

This list isn,t in this thread...? And if the list was there, he would probably be under the name of Danny.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pas26 wrote:
This list isn,t in this thread...? And if the list was there, he would probably be under the name of Danny.

Actually, his SH name is still PhenomMan.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 438237975587
FreemaN1338  

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sections do you recomend to practice on if I were to go for a 5* ?

I have roughly 80-85k (90 if lucky) when going in to "A Cold Winter Morning!" ~180k-190k going out of Bridge1 and ~ 230-250k when I've passed Bridge 2.

When passing Twin solo I have something between 340-380k and I have 461k as high but I usally land somewhere between 420-450k.
theslayermon  

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a post somewhere that i used that tells you exactly what you want to know, i am sure someone who doesnt suck at the search can find it, bridge 1 was 210k i think for a 600k run

EDIT: how epic, i found it within minutes http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=72079 thats the link, good luck with the 5*

Goals
Become top 1000 GH3 []
Get 10 top 100 on GH3 [4]
Dont come last in the SEBN GH3 competition [*fingers crossed*]
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: twisted emotion PSN Name: the_slayer_mon
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benster26 wrote:
Also I need help hiting the 4th sp phrase, I dont no why I just cant hit it ever and it ruins so many 100k (after po2) runs!

HELP

[__SP__]
1_11234 flail the rest
3_3

You wanna do a quick hop to third position and then back and just slap your fingers down to hit the upwards scale. after the orange, the SP phrase ends, so don't worry about combo'ing the rest. That's how I do it.
pinsicchio  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pas26 wrote:
pinsicchio wrote:

In the 1st page...
8. I saw a video of a TTFAF full combo on YouTube! Is it real?
No. About 47893 idiots on YouTube thought they were being original by stealing JefffN666's bot 100% video and claiming they got 100% on the song. Pay them no mind.
Edit: Iamchris4life FCed TTFAF at around 9:40PM PST, Tuesday, June 3, 2008. Pic here
Iamchris4life TTFAF FC video

I think that you must add guitarherophenom
thenewkidaw71  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinsicchio wrote:
Pas26 wrote:
pinsicchio wrote:

In the 1st page...
8. I saw a video of a TTFAF full combo on YouTube! Is it real?
No. About 47893 idiots on YouTube thought they were being original by stealing JefffN666's bot 100% video and claiming they got 100% on the song. Pay them no mind.
Edit: Iamchris4life FCed TTFAF at around 9:40PM PST, Tuesday, June 3, 2008. Pic here
Iamchris4life TTFAF FC video

I think that you must add guitarherophenom

and the other 12 guys that have fc'd ttfaf too

My Guitar Hero Acc. Thread / My Rock Band Acc. Thread / My Youtube / My Cult of Personality Guide / My Rock You Like a Hurricane Guide
Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
These charts look awfully fun so far. But hey, you can't spell Guiftaru Henro without f-u-n.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: iSWIMaw71
Knaifhogg  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a 512k run today, getting closer to my 5*. Things that are keeping me away from five stars is the transaction to Post Insanity 2, strumming in Cold Winter Morning, the trills in Blackest Waves (I hit it pretty easily on slow but full speed crushes me) and Synth Death (I just need to practice that)

It's only the Blackest Waves thing that I think is too hard for me to just learn from practice. Are there any good ways to get better at it?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knaifhogg wrote:
I got a 512k run today, getting closer to my 5*. Things that are keeping me away from five stars is the transaction to Post Insanity 2, strumming in Cold Winter Morning, the trills in Blackest Waves (I hit it pretty easily on slow but full speed crushes me) and Synth Death (I just need to practice that)

It's only the Blackest Waves thing that I think is too hard for me to just learn from practice. Are there any good ways to get better at it?

Well the way I hit it is by sliding from 2nd position, so that your fingering is:

2 1 1 1 2 1 2 1 1 1 2 1 2 1 1 1

This works really well, especially if your fingers aren't fast enough to hit it with just 3 2 1 2 3 2 3 2 1 2 3 2 3 2 1 2.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
drunkdrums2  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the last section is actually You Rock!!! you typed it differently
theslayermon  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LlamaYip wrote:
Knaifhogg wrote:

Well the way I hit it is by sliding from 2nd position, so that your fingering is:

This works really well, especially if your fingers aren't fast enough to hit it with just 3 2 1 2 3 2 3 2 1 2 3 2 3 2 1 2.

you could be cheeky on that section like i am and play it like the one hand red snake method GHP explains in his tutorial video

Goals
Become top 1000 GH3 []
Get 10 top 100 on GH3 [4]
Dont come last in the SEBN GH3 competition [*fingers crossed*]
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: twisted emotion PSN Name: the_slayer_mon
Knaifhogg  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LlamaYip wrote:
Knaifhogg wrote:

I just tried this, I didn't really notice it being better than the other method and when you have to slide to third position for the other trill part, well, I just fail at that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 71 of 72

Jump to: