ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH2 - S4 - League AAA Week 4 Results
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sluggo  

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My path on EB was to FC it, except to skip the opening 15-note riff, FC the next 557 notes, and skip the final 41 notes at the end. The missed notes were all singles, no chords, no SPs.

I'm curious to see what the other paths were -- I'm surprised people got in the 190k range breaking streak. What other paths did people use?

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missed first 4 notes, fc'd till the chord after the SP 2-note chord.
Missed however many then aced the rest...
Second AAA-2 Works for me.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not submitting EB FTW!
socrstopr  

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played normally till the solo, then after the BO hold stopped playing until the third set of B B YRG, hit that and everything else in the song until the end, missed the B note then the 15 note run and hit the last chord. thought it would have been better off, but i guess not, although i kept missing the 3-note chord in the first activation got it on video, i'll upload it later if anyone's interested.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, forgot to submit my scores this week, and my Gemini score was actually pretty decent, around 277k... oh well, good luck to everyone in the playoffs!!
ruametalhed  

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha me playing gemini all week kinda payed off
i didnt make play offs
but i got first place on it
kinda figured i would pretty good cuz its ranked overall as #38
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Dantera033091 Wii Friend Code: 0200740241837573
Skogsharald  

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the missed notes EB path I executed for my submitted score:

And this is what I tried to execute afterwards, but failed to get FC with..(think it would've been a 2000-2500 improvement) :

Red box means missed notes

Goals:
600k TTFAF [X]
23 million [X]
Top 20 GH3X [ ]
jdw4883  

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my path. I played the song normally till the end. I figured missing notes before the end would cost me more because I'd have to build my multiplier back up. But then I realized I couldn't just miss the last 56 notes, so the rest was just trial and error and guesswork.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I don't know how many times I died on the red notes of the last riff. That's why I just ended up hitting two of them.

GH2 Season 3 AAA2 League Champ
GH2 Season 4 AAA1 Regular Season 3rd place
Summer GH2 Goals:
5* Misirlou and Six
30 FCs
Top 100 Overall
Not let customs interfere with other goals
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...did I really manage to stay in 16th the entire time I was in this league? ...Cool. :p

Oh well. It was fun knowing that I actually gave some small amount of competition in AAA1. Ego boost....AWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

See y'all next season.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw man, missed the playoffs.

I was too drunk last night and I passed out so I couldn't submit my scores.

Woulda won Gemini and high on CoY.
Barbaloot  

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blueraccoon wrote:
Barbaloot wrote:
How is a 557 Elephant Bones note streak possible? That means you have to miss all 56 notes consecutively, and then don't you fail?

I just missed the first 3 and the last however many to get 557.

Duh, wow, I'm an idiot. Never mind.

Interesting how our two different strategies got such close scores. I guess the number of points lost from breaking combo in my strategy is about equal to the number of points lost from holds in yours.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbaloot wrote:
blueraccoon wrote:
Barbaloot wrote:
How is a 557 Elephant Bones note streak possible? That means you have to miss all 56 notes consecutively, and then don't you fail?

I just missed the first 3 and the last however many to get 557.

Duh, wow, I'm an idiot. Never mind.

Interesting how our two different strategies got such close scores. I guess the number of points lost from breaking combo in my strategy is about equal to the number of points lost from holds in yours.

Yeah, after seeing jdw's path, i realized that i could've gotten a few more points by going for a 556 note streak and hitting that last hold. Oh wells. =)
Paratroopa1  

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, on EB I missed the first three notes (so I hit the fourth orange note in the intro riff), then FCed up until a certain yellow note just after the final activation, and ended up with exactly the 557 NS. I found that if I didn't miss those three notes at the end then I would fail just before the end of the song if I tried to miss them all at the end, but taking three notes off of that worked. I made it three notes at the beginning, because if it was four then I would've gotten much less points off the holds in the beginning - two of them I hit just as the multiplier increased. I'm not sure if I should've tried to get the end hold, probably should have, but oh well.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, it is important to notice that the notes you do hit (and the multiplier on them) is more important than the notes you miss.

Here is a picture of the strategy I used. You'll see that among the notes I missed are two chords and a few hold notes, but the multiplier works out perfectly, jumping up in time for 3-chord holds and such. The red boxes represent missed notes, and the green boxes represent SP activations. (I know it's possible to get a few more ticks by pushing back the second activation, but I'm much better at hitting the squeeze shown). The last SP activation is at the obvious spot - I didn't show this in order to make the picture more readable. I have also marked the places where the multiplier changes.

This is definitely the optimal path of misses for a path where you break combo and regain your multiplier. If you miss any more at the beginning, your score will be significantly lower because you will have a lower multiplier on two chords + long holds, and if you shift the 53 misses even a single note to the left or right, your score will be lower as well (due to missing an extra chord or not having a x4 on a hold).

I'm going to try out the path where I miss 53 notes at the end (hitting the last chord + hold). I'll be interested to see how that score compares with my league score.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My logic on Elephant Bones was like this: I want to hit 557 notes in the song. Putting these 557 notes all in one streak is best because you only have to build up your multiplier once. Since the beginning has a lot of chords and holds, I want to miss as few notes as possible at the beginning. So I used the 3/53 path.

I'm pretty sure a good execution of this path would have got me first, because I didn't set off the first activation fast enough to get the three-note chord under SP, and because I missed the chord squeeze in the second activation. Those squeezes alone would have given me 1k more, enough for 1st by a few hundred.

Barbaloot, I'd be interested to see your results. You could crunch the numbers instead of playing the song again, that way is easier and doesn't give you the extra variables of correct SP activations, squeezing, and hold ticks to worry about.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: