Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
how cool would this be !
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xmaartist  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There'd be some real issues trying to do something like that. Namely, the fact that all charts need BPM and a time signature, so to keep the music going and the notes charting would be difficult if everytime there was another note, the computer had to recalculate the time signature and the BPM. Also, solos would be so difficult to chart at real time that people would end up just flailing the keys on the keyboard and we'd get really crappy charts. And with computer lag and all... we'd get some really messed up charts. It's much better to do it slowly and carefully, note by note, it insures a very accurate and well-made chart.
Music is like candy, you throw out the (w)rappers.
People who rap aren't rappers, they're rap-ists, y'know, like art-ists. Which looks suspiciously like the word "rapist".
dra1985  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well just to help this guy out with what he wants to do FOF has a built in editor that lets you edit the notes.mid files on the fly. So if you want to do something like that use FOF. But all in all I DO AGREE with what everyone has been saying about on the fly being inaccurate. I said that a few posts ago. So before people keep misinterpreting what I am saying I am going to quit posting in this topic.

My "Idiocy" Is Done Here
mdizzy  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dra1985 wrote:
Well just to help this guy out with what he wants to do FOF has a built in editor that lets you edit the notes.mid files on the fly. So if you want to do something like that use FOF. But all in all I DO AGREE with what everyone has been saying about on the fly being inaccurate. I said that a few posts ago. So before people keep misinterpreting what I am saying I am going to quit posting in this topic.

My "Idiocy" Is Done Here

That's very gracious of you. Editing on the fly is just a bad idea, anyone who tries it this way will just end up clogging the custom songs forum with very innefficient charts which would be worse than not charting at all. If people find a chart of a song they love and find out after downloading it that it is a painful dissapointment, that is worse than not having a chart for it at all. There's a reason you take your time for charting and do it step-by-step. You have to put a little work into a chart to make it worthwhile, which is true about everything else in life. This goes out to all you who think that this is a good idea. It is not. If you don't want to put any effort into making a chart or are too lazy to do it the correct way then post a request for that chart and leave it to someone who cares.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can actually do that with frets on fire. But its crappy!
xSergeantMINORx  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree 100% with Leff. There are tons of people that don't bother to set tempos as it is. This would only encourage that further. There is so much potentially wrong with this idea that I don't know where to start. The main reason would be that it would lead to the addition of the worst charts anyone has ever seen to the index.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: