ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
5/7 FREE DLC - Ferret/Metal Blade Track Pack!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News -> DLC Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnc2009  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're all fun, and that's what really matters to me. Fun songs that sound good. I don't really care what they release for WT as long as its fun to play.
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free, Free, Free. The best price evar.

I need to tell my friend about this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Styrofoam Boots PSN Name: xxB0NGR1PZxx420
MaddogMonty  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZEFFER13 wrote:
I dont have GHWT but since I may get it soon for fun it might be a good idea to download this before it becomes not free. It wouldnt be the first time they put a price on a pre-released pack.

To be fair the one time they have put a price on a previously free pack they told us in advance so I'm sure this will remain free for the foreseeable future.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

freebie = win

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm liking the free packs, that Reggae Rock pack and now this one.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ignthespike1
GesterX  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the charts like for these on Guitar and Drums? It may be free but right now I'm struggling to take RB2 out of the disk tray.
elemenohpe  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE THIS PACK!!

I'm not big into any of these bands anymore (as I stated in the announcement) but, every one of these songs has something I love to play.

For drums, the Chimaira track is downright awesome. Expert was helacious to play but the most fun I've had on drums in a while. Guitar for that song was fun and bass was the best of the pack.

Unearth was fun all around. Nothing standoutish awesome but, nice on all instruments.

TDWP was kind of intricate on drums but, felt kind of overcharted. Guitar was the easiest of the pack and bass had some interesting bits... nothing really fun. Vocals seem like they may be the most fun to do though... a mix of screaming and singing rather than mostly screaming.

All in all, this pack and the Steely Dan pack have been the best downloads for drummers and guitarists... whether they're necessarily into metal or jazzy classic rock or not.
[X] Complete GH:WT Guitar career on Expert
[50%] Complete GH:WT Drum career on Expert
[X] Complete GH:WT Bass career on Expert

Last edited by elemenohpe on Fri May 08, 2009 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 7030206393912895
JLynn  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sightread impressions for guitar and bass:

Dez Moines was the easiest of the pack on both counts. Easy 5* on Expert

On Broken Glass was flat-out insane on both counts. I barely passed the guitar, and the bass wasn't much easier.

Grave of Opportunity...for guitar I had to go to Hard to pass, and that with only 4*. Expert bass is an "Easy" chart, but because I couldn't keep a decent combo in the fast open strums I ended up with a 4* at 97%.
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bass on The Devil Wears Prada and Unearth tracks are pretty standard, 5*ed them both. Some of the breakdown rhythms aren't hard to nail down.

On Broken Glass is just insane on bass. Open notes in the intro to throw you off. It gets easier in the verse, then the intro is reprised in the chorus... I still haven't passed it because of the intro.

But the bassists get a fair workout from On Broken Glass, the others are normal metal riffs, open notes and altstrumming aplenty.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
p41  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free is my favorite price...

is this a limited time only thing? or is this free DLC pack to stay?

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked both songs I played (haven't got around to playing the Chimaira song yet).

Sadly, I found the song by TDWP to be trickier than the Unearth song - FC'd the Unearth song on my second run, and still only have a -1 on TDWP (although it's not hard - I just kept choking on the strummy bit).

But seriously, for a free pack, this is pretty rocking - this might not be my favorite genre of metal, but kudos to Neversoft for doing such a nice job on charting this and releasing it as a free download - hopefully we'll be seeing an Opeth pack in the near future (but I won't hold my breath), but for now, this was a fun way to spend an hour or two on a Thursday evening!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This pack hopefully opens up the door to the amazing bands on Metalblade. Or maybe some other obscure metal label. I'm thinking maybe we might see something from Relapse Records in the not too far future. We've already have had two bands from Relapse (Vovoid and Mastodon, Levithian is on Relapse). Maybe we could get a Necrophagist, Nile and Mastodon pack. But now I'm just rambling, as this will probably never happen.

Kind of funny, considering I was talking to my friend a month ago about how bands from labels like Metalblade would most likely never be on GH. >_>.

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
JLynn  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wuLFe wrote:
hopefully we'll be seeing an Opeth pack in the near future (but I won't hold my breath)

Part of me would also like this. The other part of me recalls that a lot of their songs are 10+ minutes each.
ShadowReaper818  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I approve of Unearth and Chimaira!
I sure do wish it was "My Will Be Done" from Unearth but metal of any sort in rhythm games is ok with me.

A Nile, Necrophagist, and Mastodon pack would be EPIC! Mastodon sure would seem out of place in that pack
Fernwilter  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free is good
Now that would be a sight!

Scratch me Mosh 1, mister DJ man!
www.rbforum.se - The one and only Swedish RB froum!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Fernwilter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News -> DLC Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: