ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The NFL Thread- Playing the Waiting Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 101, 102, 103, 104  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts on the draft? I as a bills fan am thrilled about how things have gone. I'm thrilled the panthers took Newton, I feel he has bust written all over him. So if I'm right, and he sucks, the bills don't have him, and if I'm wrong and he's actually really good, the bills never had a chance to pick him.

And for once I'm happy with our pick of Marcel Darreus

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

b.vicious wrote:
Thoughts on the draft?

Fuck ESPN for ruining each pick. Fucking ruining the draft.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christian Ponder taken by Minnesota is the biggest surprise right now. And Nick Fairley going to Detroit will really strengthen that defensive line.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
fUNC  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minnesota- the new Oakland.

Seriously, who the fuck had Ponder higher than 25, let alone top 15? Now, granted, if they get a McNabb to take over for a year I'll give the guy a chance, but this is seriously looking like Tebow 2.0.

Fairly, Suh, and VandenBosch on that line is fucking scary. I heard one of the guys on ESPN jokingly say that teams should throw in their backup QB when they play the Lions, and you know what? As dirty as Fairly is, that's not an entirely crazy idea.

Locker going so early is hilarious. The guy has bust written all over him.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locker looks somewhat legit though. Ponder just doesn't have the talent for the NFL.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
fUNC  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem I have with Locker is his accuracy. The guy just couldn't hit receivers to save his life in high-pressure situations. I could easily be wrong here (there was a legit debate over Ryan Leaf being the best player at one time, after all), but my gut says he won't be able to fix those issues.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the giants would've gone for a LB for sure, seeing as they have both a crazy DL and some great corners. Maybe they're going the way of the Jets from last season and having a nickelback, although Wlison didn't do much at all his rookie season for the Jets.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhhh since when are players from the team allowed to announce the draft pick? Peyton Hillis is awesome and all .. but why?

*hopes buffalo trades up and grabs Da'Quan Bowers*

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

b.vicious wrote:
Uhhh since when are players from the team allowed to announce the draft pick? Peyton Hillis is awesome and all .. but why?

*hopes buffalo trades up and grabs Da'Quan Bowers*

He won the Madden 2012 cover. That's my only guess to it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:
Minnesota- the new Oakland.

Seriously, who the fuck had Ponder higher than 25, let alone top 15? Now, granted, if they get a McNabb to take over for a year I'll give the guy a chance, but this is seriously looking like Tebow 2.0.

I'm a bit disappointed, myself. I was hoping they'd work on the defense before jumping to a QB. I remain optimistic, though. I still like the look of Joe Webb, and with those two competing for the starting spot, maybe one or both of them will start to shine. I'll bet anything T-Jack will be the starter at first, and they'll work those two in as the year goes on (if it goes on, that is). I don't have high-hopes for this year, but it could be pivotal for the franchise's future. If nothing else, it should be entertaining, and that's really all I ask out of my team.

Quote:
Fairly, Suh, and VandenBosch on that line is fucking scary. I heard one of the guys on ESPN jokingly say that teams should throw in their backup QB when they play the Lions, and you know what? As dirty as Fairly is, that's not an entirely crazy idea.

I've been saying it for months now, the Lions are on the up-and-up. They'll be a formidable team this year, maybe even make a run for the playoffs. Give them 2 or 3 more years...I'm thinking Super Bowl or at least a deep playoff run.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: teamkillin629
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Ingram, Reggie Bush, and Pierre Thomas all on the Saints. Who stays, who leaves?
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sick Buffalo has the chance to grab either Da'Quan Bowers or Andy Dalton tomorrow. Although I have a good feeling we'll choose some random out of nowhere player like we tend to do.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On offense they have Stafford, Best, and Johnson as a base (no idea how good the line is), and on D, they have a sick line and some other solid players. Lions will definitely be good, maybe not this upcoming season, but I'd say a winning season in the following season.
IndestructibleSD  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam Heyward was a solid pick for the Steelers. We have enough young depth to warrant not taking the risk of Bowers. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the draft pans out. Hopefully the Steelers grab at least one DB.
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minnesota made my fucking day. It's like they're trying to throw the season away to pick Andrew Luck next year.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 101, 102, 103, 104  Next
Page 102 of 104

Jump to: