ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Michael Jackson is now officially dead at age 50.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
louster200  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I first heard about this in the middle of no where in the mountains. "Yeah, MJ really died yesterday." "Uh huh. Right."

We get back to base camp. King of Pop really is dead. D:

ThunderPower  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This song literally brought me to the brink of tears when I heard it. It's such a beautiful piece, it showcases his voice and portrays a warm image of him... it's almost as if he's really saying to us, don't be afraid, everything is okay...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPgc9g10ry8
Adsee  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I do feel very upset that Michael died, I can't help but think of how the media are suddenly turning to his side after all these years of ridicule. Actually, I found a video expressing it. Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVACUjHn6yU
qays1991  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be typing out the longest post here..

I think I've lost my words right about now after reading some of the shit I've read here, but, I'm gonna try shape it up

Look guys, first of, talk about him. This was a guy that became a star by the age of..almost 5. And that's never a good age to start entertaining, I mean, we all gotta start at our childhood, unless the parents can really control him, Jo Jackson?... no comment. I mean, look at child stars like Mc Caulay Caulkin (I don't even know how to spell his name), who tried to resurrect his career, but then he got under the bad influence of drugs and such. And MJ went on to perform until his adult years. Maybe that's why he.. I mean, like everyone here has been saying, there isn't much evidence that he molested these children, and for all the things that he did, I don't think anyone of us will truly understand why.

I'm sad to use wiki as a source, but at the moment it's all I got

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_childhood_education

hmm, what else should I say? (cuz I'm still pretty pissed off). Like how, I watched E THS about MJ, where someone commented how said thinking like 'I don't think Michael understood why his album never reached the charts'. That was interesting, because like, as a kid, assuming his albums always skyrocketed into the charts, and songs and such, by the time (oh yeah, this album being Invincible) didn't hit it, I wonder how he must feel, it's like, becuase once his album never hit the peak he must think soemthing like 'Why did that happen? How can this be?' seriosuly, ic an imaigne him going under a lot of stress just because of that, seems plausible if you believe as a kid something like 'ooh, my song's gonna hit it'...hmm...think of it like how some of you believe in Santa Clause, I wonder how it would feel if someone ( I don't know how) suddenly found out that he isn't real by the age of 50...

and his music. Music is a form of art, and I'm sure everyone appreciates art in their own way, pictures, views, anything can be art, just two people holding hands and what, a drawing...

His music was his Pure Talent, he used it to his ultimate advantage. He had so monay songs that was inspiring, Man in the mirror, Black or White. People say how he's the first black guy to get his songs played on MTV? So in a way, if he never lived, would we ever like black artists as much as we do today? Perhaps we're still view them the same way as we did 30 or 40 years ago? (btw, I'm only 17 btw)

And I think becuase of that, that became an inspiration to his fans, like, extremely. Some of you here have said how Mj's death didn't really amtter to them, but if it was someone that they truly loved, someone here mentioned Metallica, then he'll feel really sad. (I'm referring to the guy that can't understand why some people mourn over him just because..it's him)

It's like, I understand some people don't dig music, but hey, that doesnt go for everyone, duh. Of course everyone has their...thing? (can't find the right word), like how people can express themself through words, they write books, novels, become authors. Shakespeare, Oscar Wilde, whatever, and people respect their words, and people can understand their emotion, and they take it. Art, as in paint, Leonardo Da Vinci, and (I don't much, cuz I'm a musician), I mean, I don't get how the fuck can eople look at the mona lisa and think 'WOW' but hey, that's what they dig, and I'm not complaining. And music, (ehre we go), kurt cobain, elvis, John Lennon, and now, MJ. These people hjave used music to their advantage, and touch a lot of people, because these people understand music, and these musicians have chosen music because this is the form of art where they can express their true emotions

ok, I just realsed I wrote a shitload....er...

on a side note, I just watched 'Moonwalker' and does anyone realise
about the news headline in the Leave Me Alone vid, about him being frozen for 50 years? interesting...

(It sucks that I'll never be able to play my own custom )
Gio  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know despite what everyone says,Michale Jackson was a great performer and a kind person.

R.I.P Michael

Also have you guys heard that some of his fans committed suicide because of his death.Here's a link:http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,28383,25712012-5019114,00.html
marcusfenixrules  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though Michael was an... Odd individual, I was in shock when I heard about this. I couldn't believe it, it felt like a dream, kinda like when I found out Steve Irwin died.

R.I.P. MJ.
jamesw  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched the Michael Jackson memorial. It was one of the greatest things I've ever watched on tv.

The performances were unreal. John Mayer's cover of Human Nature and Stevie Wonder's performance blew me away especially. All of them were exceptional.

Overall, an incredible celebration of the man's life and legacy as one of, if not the greatest entertainers of all time.

Harmonix games are just too good not to play them for 8 years. Officially back in action.
thedevilsreject  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a great memorial service, John Mayers and Ushers performances were great to me, to be honest though I'm still staggered that the Daughter (Paris) spoke, it was pretty upsetting too

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jax0509
D0m0omod  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamesw wrote:
I just watched the Michael Jackson memorial. It was one of the greatest things I've ever watched on tv.

The performances were unreal. John Mayer's cover of Human Nature and Stevie Wonder's performance blew me away especially. All of them were exceptional.

Overall, an incredible celebration of the man's life and legacy as one of, if not the greatest entertainers of all time.

I could have done without the contemporary artists, but it was very good overall. Seeing his daughter go up there was very hard to watch.

I've got to find me a copy of Dangerous. I heard Give In To Me not too long ago and I just have to have it.

Frozen is Death, but I cannot die.

Delorean Progress: Still Searching
GuitarGeek08  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thedevilsreject wrote:
That was a great memorial service, John Mayers and Ushers performances were great to me, to be honest though I'm still staggered that the Daughter (Paris) spoke, it was pretty upsetting too

Its also big too in the fact that its the first time the world has seen her. Every other time their faces have been veiled to protect them from media attention

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
thedevilsreject  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarGeek08 wrote:
thedevilsreject wrote:

Its also big too in the fact that its the first time the world has seen her. Every other time their faces have been veiled to protect them from media attention

Actually there have been a small number of pictures of the children without their veils in the newspapers showing the kids shopping with Michael pretty recently.

Must admit I did feel the old eyes welling a bit by the time her speech was over, especially considering Marlon had just delivered an sad speech in itself.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jax0509
Monk  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i made a full community montage for MJ in skate2.. was alot of hard work 40 ppl in 5 minutes jeez...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnewRiQoCWQ

im posting the vid here instead of the youtube thread just cuz noone will watch it there.... and plus this is a fitting place to have this being a MJ is dead thread is up.
MisterMcLov1n  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cried almost all the way through the ceremony. I was freakin bawling when Paris Jackson spoke at the end.

I noticed MJ jr. looked pissed off during the whole ceremony. What a heavy couple weeks for a pre-teen. First your father dies, then your family all tries to go after his money then you learn he's not really your dad? sh*t.

I will never forget Stevie Wonder's and Jermaine Jackson's performances. Usher's was very good too.

Such a big star that has as much talent and fame as MJ will never rise in my generation. There will never be an artist of his magnitude ever again. And that truly saddens me. All I lived to see was the child molestation charges and his weird final ten years; the bad stuff. I wasn't alive for the Jackson 5, Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad, or Dangerous. I never got to witness the great soul and father that was Michael Jackson for what he really was: an entertainer full of soul and heart.

RIP Michael Jackson.
GuitarGeek08  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MisterMcLov1n wrote:
then you learn he's not really your dad? sh*t.

RIP Michael Jackson.

The rumors that Jackson wasnt the biological father of his children were confirmed to be false.

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
stumper93  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gotta say I loved Jermaine Jackson's performance of Smile...I love that song...it's so great

also Usher and Stevie Wonder were really good too....I actually really liked Usher's performance
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: