ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
South Park Disc. - Latest: 201 (Censored by Comedy Central)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ganondorf901  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure South Park is signed for at least another 2 seasons, but we'll see what happens.
skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ironically, about half way through the episode I thought, "This is the same shitty joke over and over again."

It wasn't until Stan's mom said, "Maybe it's time that we moved on" that I perked up and went ".........wait, what?" Not quite the season cliffhangers we're used to. I assume they will have new episodes in October, but you can't help but think...

youhas  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The episode just had a really weird feel to it on the whole. Where if I didn't know that they were under contract through 2013 (IIRC), I would've assumed that this was a series finale - and a pretty ballsy series finale at that. Not that the contract issue makes the generation of more episodes set in stone - contracts can be broken, bought out, or otherwise dealt with - but it makes this being a true series finale a fairly remote prospect.

I didn't find the episode especially funny. I didn't find it particularly poignant or anything, either. Really, to me, the whole thing mostly just scanned as Matt and Trey screaming "THIS IS A CRY FOR HELP" for half an hour - that they were tired, frustrated, and on the cusp of burning out, and this was how they decided to channel those energies. (Though maybe I'm just projecting; whichever.)

It'll be interesting to see whether they roll with these changes, or quietly retcon them, or what. I don't have a marked preference on how I'd care to see things unfold; I'm just idly curious in which direction they'll take things from here.

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
killermonkey  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I never seen no britches take such abuse" I thought the episode was ok, but it definitely did something shows are supposed to do. It made me and most likely whomever else watching want to wath the next episode. I'm defifintely curious to see what they have next after what this episode ended on
SuperJerry  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This can't be the final season of South Park. Not just yet. I think with all the big cliffhangers that have happened they are just spoofing it. They do have a deal with Comedy Central until 2013, but with Dave Chapelle backing out of this, the contracts must not be set in stone. It's just Parker and Stone fucking with the audience again.

Plus with their hatred of Stevie Nicks, how could they use "Landslide" as such as an emotional tool? They just wanted to make a "shitty" episode.

Hopefully this isn't the beginning of the end, but rather a joke by Matt and Trey and we get another episode of Not Without my Anus

http://www.youtube.com/user/IISuperJerryII

Boston has won all 4 major sports championships in a span of 7 years. Welcome to TITLETOWN, USA!
DPooch  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The episode was alright, a little too mundane for my tastes.

However, I did bust out laughing whenever they played Bob Dylan. The "impression" was hilarious.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: poochz0rz
B-Fuzz  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt and Trey's interview on the Daily Show made me pretty happy. It seems that they want to continue on with the show, I just hope that they kick ass with the 2d half of the season and get renewed for more. It's really up to CC now if they're going to keep going.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31
Page 31 of 31

Jump to: