ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S7 - GH3 - League B Playoffs Thread - WINNER: NJDevils1087
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mintrude  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! I got through!

Complete GHII Expert before GHIII (DONE!)
Get 80s Eyeball(36/40)
Get the log (too far off to mention)
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit... fuck. There I was, all smart, thinking we'd be having the same song as OB again, spend an hour or so on it and then find we've got something different.

My existing score for this song will attest to the fact that I'm absolutely terrible at it... and the fact that I've really only got the rest of today to play it will mean I'm going out this round.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
b08smith  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's on like Donkey Kong

Should be fun, another song I've not played since first run through.

Best of luck to my worthy opponent and to everyone else as well!

FoG  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck to everyone this round. Now together, WE SHRED!

[quote=/"MarkMadness/"]i actually got my china cymbal today and put it on my head and sang china hat[/quote]
My YouTube - My Twitter - My Accomplishments
[quote=/"dudextr/"][10:02:26 PM] xtr: yeah, it''''s too painful now
[10:06:12 PM] xtr: it looks like i have chlamidya[/quote]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Scythera
steelared43  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... I'm surprised how high my score for this week ended up being. Anyway, now I get the pleasure of playing one of my worst songs against one of the best players, if not the best, in the league! Well anyway, good luck to everyone for this week and I hope the guitar hero gods grant you leet skillz in your attempts!
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelared43 wrote:
Wow... I'm surprised how high my score for this week ended up being. Anyway, now I get the pleasure of playing one of my worst songs against one of the best players, if not the best, in the league! Well anyway, good luck to everyone for this week and I hope the guitar hero gods grant you leet skillz in your attempts!

Cheers for the compliment... if it's any consolation, this is probably my worst song of the main setlist. I've just had a few runs on it - didn't even make 5* on the first one.

The fact that I'm terrible at it is all the more annoying for me because I've been a massive fan of Aerosmith for as long as I can remember and so I know the song inside out and back to front... usually I find it helps to know the song but apparently not in this case. Usually I feel disappointed if I can't enter at least a top 50 score when I put in as much effort as I do for the leagues, but I think I'll be very lucky to turn in a top 100 for this.

So yeah, good luck all.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Mintrude  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In contrast with the Cap'n, I'm going in pretty confident this round. I think I can get the FC.

Get 80s Eyeball(36/40)
hallj05  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured that I had no chance with the score I had, yet I couldn't force myself to play that song...Anyway congrats to all that won, and good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
steelared43 wrote:

Cheers for the compliment... if it's any consolation, this is probably my worst song of the main setlist. I've just had a few runs on it - didn't even make 5* on the first one.

The fact that I'm terrible at it is all the more annoying for me because I've been a massive fan of Aerosmith for as long as I can remember and so I know the song inside out and back to front... usually I find it helps to know the song but apparently not in this case. Usually I feel disappointed if I can't enter at least a top 50 score when I put in as much effort as I do for the leagues, but I think I'll be very lucky to turn in a top 100 for this.

So yeah, good luck all.
I actually hate this chart with a passion. But my first full run through without restarting was a 5*. I just need to work on the song and a FC may come around eventually.

[quote=/"MarkMadness/"]i actually got my china cymbal today and put it on my head and sang china hat[/quote]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Scythera
R31NDR  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hated this song, but have come so close to FC'ing this its unreal stupid mistakes all over, I'll get it before the cutoff though I think

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R31NDR wrote:
I hated this song, but have come so close to FC'ing this its unreal stupid mistakes all over, I'll get it before the cutoff though I think

Looks like I'll have to actually learn pathing. Has the play-oofs brought out a competitive streak in anyone else? I put way more effort into Barracuda than any song in the first few weeks.

Get 80s Eyeball(36/40)
b08smith  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contrary to what people have been saying I'm expecting to see a good few FC's come results day. You can't fool me with your reverse psychology mind games! lol

Seriously though these leagues help me alot with focusing on songs and trying to max out my scores, not sure if I'd call it more competitive but I'm much more focused on trying to get the best score I can come the playoffs.

thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh believe, there was no reverse psychology on my part. Call it self-deprecation if you must (you've seen what I'm like in real life, heh, it's what I do).

But yeah, the leagues totally bring out my competitive streak. Outside of the leagues there's no way I'll ever sit there and grind away at a song over and over for hours but here I'll quite happily do it... as I guess the last week of the points race showed. Also, this evening proves the point. I set myself a deadline - I wanted to be finished with it by the end of the night because tomorrow I've gotta pack my stuff up and Saturday I'm moving back to uni - then I just sat there and did it, despite knowing that I wasn't good at the song and that it'd take a lot of effort to get anything out of it.

As of now, I'm done with the song. Probably forever, because I really don't want to hear it ever again. My score's totally beatable so don't let the fact that I'm finished quickly put you off, it's only 'cos I had to do it tonight or not at all.

EDIT: LOL SPEELIGN

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

Last edited by thecaptainof on Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
FoG  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a -4 yesterday. Now I need to work for the FC today since I'm going to the International Bowl tomorrow.

Mintrude  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty much done with this song. I'll try and get a bit more out of it, but I'm feeling confident.

Get 80s Eyeball(36/40)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: