ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Official Through the Fire and Flames Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 70, 71, 72  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blitz103  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderAlex wrote:
blitz103 wrote:
I don't know why I can't hit the intro. I've FC'd cliffs of dover and cult of personality, can consistently stay in green during the TTFAF solo without the use of star power, but I can't hold a combo no matter what I try. I've searched about 15 different threads, and none of them have worked for me. The problem isn't passing, I can pass the intro 100% of the time one-handed and alt-strumming, but my score suffers dramatically by not getting the full 50k bonus from the intro, as well as the 2 sp phrases. Does anyone have any tips that I may not have seen?

Try anchoring green with your tapping hand, and doing the rest from second position. Elbow-strum the first note. Here's an interesting way to improve your skills on the intro:
1)Use a higher hyperspeed level than you usually do (if you use 3, put 5).
2)Go into practice mode, select the song TTFAF, and the section intro.
3)Select slow as the speed.
4)Practice it until you can FC it.
5)Put your hyperspeed to the usual level.
6)Do it on full speed.
7)????
8)Profit!

Trust me, I've tried pretty much every possible tapping method. Although, I haven't seen that method with hyperspeed before. I'll try that and see if it helps
yaamean  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: .... Reply with quote

Hey, was just curious if anyone has any tips what I should work on first in 4 starring this beast. Im way far from a 5* cutoff atm, but my highest is now a 376k, and that's basically using star power phrases at fast strumming sections.

The two spots that I think would benefit me the most are synth death (I can hit it pretty well but hardly EVER fc the section, especially in a real run. / and the You rock section (Can hit the tapping 1 out of every 2-3 times on practice, but can never nail it in a real run and always end up alt strumming while flailing.)

Is there any other sections that I should work on, or maybe some advice for those two sections to get them much more consistent? I know this post wasnt well-worded, but I'm passed the point of being happy with a pass, finally going for slow imrpovement.
Hawk56  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: TTFAF Intro help. Reply with quote

Ok, so this may or may not be any help. but if your unable to tap through the fire 'n flames, your gonna have to be good with one hand. I find a really good song to practise on is Stockholm syndrome. It's DLC thats gonna cost you $11.50, I think, on the PSN, and its a bit slower but the intro to that is REALLY similar to TTFAF. You may wanna have a look on youtube if your interested, im sure there'll be plenty of vids.
Marbler  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what i need to do is figure out how to do what the?!!
I have been able to get this far (tapping) on full speed.

then i miss on the strum note

if i could get this, that would help me get the 750k a lot easier. (more consistant, i already got it)

i did this one handed XD

it was just like tapping then then but with my hand at an angle so my red went down first and came up second. i dont know how i managed to pull it off and i only did it once [off camera :'(]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Marbler
yaamean  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah, I can pass it, working on 4 starring it and come up about 40k short so far. Need tips on what is easiest / most practical to learn for a nice score boost. I'm not skilled enough for the 5 star yet, but I am confident I could break 416k for the 4 star
1PARTYBOY1  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yaamean wrote:
nah, I can pass it, working on 4 starring it and come up about 40k short so far. Need tips on what is easiest / most practical to learn for a nice score boost. I'm not skilled enough for the 5 star yet, but I am confident I could break 416k for the 4 star

Work on tapping Stuff like Blackest Waves, Synth Death, and THO's if you cant one hand those. There very easy to tap and you should be able to hit them consistently in probably less than 30 minutes of practice and they will give you a huge boost in points. Also activate starpower on the fast strumming sections to get lots of points. take them into practice if you usually break combo on them.

btw, the 4-Star cutoff is about 404k not 416k.

Goals: 55 FC''s GH3X[](54); 700K TTFAF[](646k) My Accomplishments
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: xPartyBoyxBB
yaamean  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx, even better --> I'm not even 30k from a 4star then
sorasgoof  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I need a SP path. I can pass the whole song without using SP, and I'm stuck at a highscore of 563k.

Any suggestions? I don't really have the time to read this whole thread...so thanks.

Check out my Youtube channel!
We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorasgoof wrote:
Guys, I need a SP path. I can pass the whole song without using SP, and I'm stuck at a highscore of 563k.

Well, here's my path, which so far has netted me a high score of 667k, but I don't really know how much it'll help you. The thing with TtFaF is you have to activate over things you can combo. Use this blank chart to draw up a rough estimate of your path and we'll see what we can do.
Marbler  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my best score on ttfaf is 751k, but i want to increase it to 800k. i made a star power path that might even get me 850k, but it involves getting the red snake star power. is there any tips anyone can give me?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Marbler
xplicitskill  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a 5 star specific forum topic for TFAF? I am at like 515k and really just need a small few tweaks here and there. I just need like a small guide to show me which places are crucial to hit and maybe a nice star power for 5 starring, not exactly an optimal one. If anyone knows where such a topic is, could you post it in a URL so I can click over to there?
BlazeDGO  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a highscore of 519k, and REALLY want to get that 5*. One of my problems is I can't keep a streak during Post Insanity/Rampaging Dragons. It may not be the strumming, probably the note changes. I've tried practice and it didn't help much. Any tips?

EDIT: I found out that it's slower than it actually is. That may help for anyone struggling with parts like that.

HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xplicitskill wrote:
Is there a 5 star specific forum topic for TFAF? I am at like 515k and really just need a small few tweaks here and there. I just need like a small guide to show me which places are crucial to hit and maybe a nice star power for 5 starring, not exactly an optimal one. If anyone knows where such a topic is, could you post it in a URL so I can click over to there?

I would take a look at my sig

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, I really need help. On the main setlist (not counting bonus songs) I've 5 starred every song but Raining Blood. But I cannot for the life of me pass this. I usually always fail at Twin Solo, and feel like I'm flailing for a lot of the song. Anyone got any tips on what parts I should definitely work on? (I'm thinking the SP phrase right after Sam's solo, I can't ever hit that for some reason)
13rats  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkGriffon93 wrote:
Ugh, I really need help. On the main setlist (not counting bonus songs) I've 5 starred every song but Raining Blood. But I cannot for the life of me pass this. I usually always fail at Twin Solo, and feel like I'm flailing for a lot of the song. Anyone got any tips on what parts I should definitely work on? (I'm thinking the SP phrase right after Sam's solo, I can't ever hit that for some reason)

What parts are you flailing in exactly? You should take those parts and dissect them, writing down the chart or memorizing it. If you have no idea how to hit it, ask in this thread or look in a guide, and if you can hit it with more practice and/or speed, slow it down and get used to the motions so you know what you're doing with that. You might want to consider saving all of your SP for when you're failing, also, if you're not consistent at any of the parts with phrases. Once you're comfortable with passing, try spreading the SP out more.

xplicitskill wrote:

For future reference, if you're looking for a specific guide, you can probably find one in this list of guides.

TheThirdDay wrote:
sorasgoof wrote:

Well, here's my path, which so far has netted me a high score of 667k, but I don't really know how much it'll help you. The thing with TtFaF is you have to activate over things you can combo. Use this blank chart to draw up a rough estimate of your path and we'll see what we can do.

Whenever I see your avatar, I think for some reason you're HellAshes, so I was more than a little surprised to see that HA had a high score of 667k on TTFaF .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 58 of 72

Jump to: