SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
JG's Thread: Holy Wars FC #85/611
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jellu  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's a good one o.O

FCs: 45 | 63 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 205/211 | Total 646/660
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hot damn, congratz !

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major congrats on your new best FC, getting an FC I don't have, and surpassing everyone's expectations! We all knew you were capable of this for the last few weeks, but to actually pull it off... wow. I am still slightly in shock but also elated for you. Almost feels as good as if I'd FC'd it myself!

At this point you HAVE to pass me in GHVH. I know I've talked about it many times before but you are 25k away, and have over 35k left in HFT and something like 15k left in Little Guitars if you can redux that one. Of course we can't rule out an improvement on Eruption, which could net you another 20k even without an FC. Add in a few thousand points from other various reduxes, and you could end up passing me with a margin of 50k or more! ...at which point I would certainly blow up those reduxes as much as possible to try and pass you back, lol.

Anyway... what an insane chapter on your road to 20 FCs this year. I think you've surprised even yourself with how much you've been able to accomplish with the right kind of motivation. 3 more FCs should be cake (Overkill, PMU, and Freebird? but who am I kidding there's gonna be another crazy FC out of left field instead, I know it), but on top of that you should be able to rack up a nice pile of FCs in 2021 and beyond. I'm really excited to see how far you go, and I hope that you don't stop after this year just because you achieved one goal. I know I'll keep playing as long as I have you guys around
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fam, HOW? The sliders on that engine are an abomination, good effort man.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
Awesome FC! I remember I once FCd some sections of Spanish Fly for a compilation video and it was a HUUUGE pain. It seemed unreasonably precise somehow.

Thanks! Yeah, besides the obvious more difficult patterns, it is still quite easy to randomly miss in the sliders for seemingly no reason. Luckily FCing in practice and in a real run aren't too far apart / different in this song, which probably contributes a lot to why I was able to grind it out and go for it.

voidedalive2x wrote:
God damn, JOhnny. That was out of nowhere to me.

So, you're sure that's the final GHVH FC now?

Thanks! Didn't post too much about it here, mostly because I didn't want to raise too many expectations. And well.. It's the last for now anyway. HFT is dumb and I don't like it. Eruption actually seems much more doable than it did before, but still very unlikely. Less consistent on the tapping for whatever reason, and the strumming and trill madness before are much more difficult and annoying than the first half of SF.
Jellu wrote:
Well that's a good one o.O

About as good as I'll ever get to be honest lol. Thanks!
Cabanon wrote:
hot damn, congratz !

Thanks! Definitely unexpected
alexhaz64 wrote:
Major congrats on your new best FC, getting an FC I don't have, and surpassing everyone's expectations! We all knew you were capable of this for the last few weeks, but to actually pull it off... wow. I am still slightly in shock but also elated for you. Almost feels as good as if I'd FC'd it myself!

Thanks! It definitely feels special getting something so out of my league. And the best part of doing something you haven't done (for the first time in 10+ years) is that now there'll be something to bug you about whenever you feel like you're maxed out or gonna quit.
Quote:

At this point you HAVE to pass me in GHVH. I know I've talked about it many times before but you are 25k away, and have over 35k left in HFT and something like 15k left in Little Guitars if you can redux that one. Of course we can't rule out an improvement on Eruption, which could net you another 20k even without an FC. Add in a few thousand points from other various reduxes, and you could end up passing me with a margin of 50k or more! ...at which point I would certainly blow up those reduxes as much as possible to try and pass you back, lol.

Well... I got close. Definitely still on my to-do list, but hft and Eruption were burning me out lol. Eventually I'll get the good HFT run and solidify my temporary victory .
Quote:

Anyway... what an insane chapter on your road to 20 FCs this year. I think you've surprised even yourself with how much you've been able to accomplish with the right kind of motivation. 3 more FCs should be cake (Overkill, PMU, and Freebird? but who am I kidding there's gonna be another crazy FC out of left field instead, I know it), but on top of that you should be able to rack up a nice pile of FCs in 2021 and beyond. I'm really excited to see how far you go, and I hope that you don't stop after this year just because you achieved one goal. I know I'll keep playing as long as I have you guys around

[/quote]
Yeah, I do have time where I can aim for a nicer FC for number 19, but most likely pick another low hanging fruit before grabbing FB.

FL4RE wrote:
Fam, HOW? The sliders on that engine are an abomination, good effort man.

I honestly don't know how it became so feasible to me, and then actually happened so fast. Thanks! I definitely did sit and grind the tapping sections for a handful of hours so that definitely helps. As far as the engine goes, Alex pointed out that like 1/2 of my ten best FCs are in that game, so I guess I just lucked out with that.

October 31, 2020
Click for video

Nice. This song has been close for a while, so it's nice to finally get it out of the way. Overall pretty quick and painless today, but I had a few one miss/choke runs earlier this year and back in 2012 or so. Played WoR for the first time in a few months, and this song felt pretty good after the first try. I figured out I was making the weird strummy bit in the beginning harder by trying to strum everything (as gallops no less ), but just strumming the two notes for each set worked a lot better. After that it was just a matter of not sucking at burst strumming, which was going surprisingly better that usual. One solo "choke" and one miss at the very end of verse 2, but otherwise probably only 5 or 6 runs past the intro.

Only two songs left! The last two months have been great, I can hardly believe it! Number 19 will probably be a WT song, and I'm saving Free Bird (GH2) for #20. Assuming those won't take too long, so I'm definitely not worried about finishing the goal anymore, especially compared to how I felt in July

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on nailing another overdue FC, and making up for some very close runs 8 years ago, lol. I'm sure there's a lot of songs that still fit in that category (RaR 100% OS comes to mind :p)

Watching you play Calling reminded me that there really is more to it than just the intro. The fact that it was one of your easiest remaining FCs is a testament to how hard each new FC has to be (sounding a lot like when you FC'd CD, lol). But seriously, despite the FC gap between us, these songs are super impressive, and the fact that you can get so many more is... even more impressive lol.

---T W O S O N G S R E M A I N---
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, we're tied on WoR now! Looks like I need to get YCSRIA soon because you're gonna pass me :O or I could just pony up and do Ravenous lol

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
bushidox  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Johnny! On the home stretch now, you can do it!
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can get this, you can get Nemesis. Solo 1 isn't all that hard if you treat it as zigs.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
Congrats on nailing another overdue FC, and making up for some very close runs 8 years ago, lol. I'm sure there's a lot of songs that still fit in that category (RaR 100% OS comes to mind :p)

Watching you play Calling reminded me that there really is more to it than just the intro. The fact that it was one of your easiest remaining FCs is a testament to how hard each new FC has to be (sounding a lot like when you FC'd CD, lol). But seriously, despite the FC gap between us, these songs are super impressive, and the fact that you can get so many more is... even more impressive lol.

---T W O S O N G S R E M A I N---

Definitely feels good to take down old nemesises... Nemeses? Which reminds me, I still wanna try that song again using your tips for the strumming/solo.
I am getting closer and closer to chipping away at the overdue FCs, but there are still a decent amount left. Partly because I keep adding new, unexpected songs to the mix lol.
Thanks! Yeah, Calling definitely doesn't let you breathe a sigh of relief until the very end. Also, getting 2 songs in a row that aren't just one specific hard part? Who am I? Actually I guess CD (and SF ) required overall consistency as well, so more like 4 songs in a row. I'm slowly getting out of my comfort zone! (or maybe just running out of "doable" 'one hard part' songs lol)

LlamaYip wrote:
Hey, we're tied on WoR now! Looks like I need to get YCSRIA soon because you're gonna pass me :O or I could just pony up and do Ravenous lol

Hmm, about that being tied thing... Oops!
But yeah, you could totally add Rav, YCS, and Nemesis at least. Did I say could? I meant should.

bushidox wrote:
Congrats Johnny! On the home stretch now, you can do it!

Thanks! The last 3 months definitely have exceeded my expectations.
And now, I'm one step closer!

FL4RE wrote:
If you can get this, you can get Nemesis. Solo 1 isn't all that hard if you treat it as zigs.

Funnily enough, Alex was reduxing Nemesis yesterday, and it made me want to try it again, after both you and he mentioned the tip for the solo. But since WoR lists the songs alphabetically, I gave CMTB a look first, and well...
But I will come back to Nemesis at some point after FB. I have hit the solo once or twice, but the strumming is a pain also, so I'd have to work on both.

Bump for #19

November 10, 2020
Click for video

Wooow! So this song was always possible but definitely on the Uggh Please No list, because the song is incredibly stressful by being so random and easy to miss anywhere. Well, I decided the only way to make it less random would be to become more familiar with the chart, so I forced myself to try and play it whenever WoR was in. Most of the time, it'd be super unpleasant and nowhere close. I did hit Comp A-C a week or two ago, to my surprise, so I knew I'd have to face it sooner or later.
The worst parts were the Ramblin Man like part of Comp A, hopo three note chords of Comp C, and solo 1. Well, today Solo 1 was the main block, but not even the , I was missing the chords right before lol. Actually it was the only block, for the first run past those chords was the FC! So nervous and thought I'd missed like 12 times, but nope I managed to fluke it and not choke. Definitely glad it came as easily as it did
Now let's hope Free Bird for #20 goes just as smooth!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn boy, you're getting those FCs so fast I need to increase my forum visit frequence to keep up.

Spanish Fly is a real good FC. One of the most fun songs in the series. And a good foundation for more tapping oriented FCs down the line (....eruption.... ) Oh and BTW, nice score

Watching your CMTB FC video confirmed that my memory was correct: that chart is gross. Happy to hear you got it down quick.

PS: Calling, good song.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Scientist wrote:
Damn boy, you're getting those FCs so fast I need to increase my forum visit frequence to keep up.

Spanish Fly is a real good FC. One of the most fun songs in the series. And a good foundation for more tapping oriented FCs down the line (....eruption.... ) Oh and BTW, nice score

Watching your CMTB FC video confirmed that my memory was correct: that chart is gross. Happy to hear you got it down quick.

PS: Calling, good song.

Speaking of getting FCs too fast... Hello!
SF grinding was indeed a lot of fun. I definitely found a new love for short tappy songs. It almost makes CH look more inviting, but idk if I'd be able to handle that.
Eruption has too many not tapping parts, so it's dumb (and I'm also dumb at it)

November 14, 2020
Click for video

It's done! I did it! FC #20! Wooo! I'm so happy right now. Things definitely were feeling iffy around July-August, I really wasn't sure if I'd be able to make it. And then September happened. I guess hardcore grinding two super tough FCs made the easier ones seem less stressful. All things considered, grinding Free Bird wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. Today only took about 40 minutes, and I only played another half hour since CMTB FC. Sure, throughout the past, 8 years I've had a lot of close runs, and I did get pretty close back in July too, but yeah, once I figured out a Johnny-way to hit solo J, it happened pretty quick.
You can read the video description for more FB details if you really want, I said enough there lol.
Going for 20 FCs was a huge undertaking, but I knew I had a big backlog of FCs to get to help things go along. Looking back, I'd say slightly more than half were songs that I'd expected/been close to at some point, but a surprising amount were ones I never considered and at least 2 I never thought I'd be able to get. Theoretically, I could see myself getting 20 more in the future, but I won't commit myself to something big like this again :P

Random highlights of the year:

Top 3 FCs this year
1. SF
2. SoD
3. YRGM

Top 3 most painful/longest grinds
1. SoD
2. AoT
3. Creeping Death

Top 3 Most 'fun' grinds
1. SF
2. Evil
3. Frankenstein

Top 3 most overdue FCs
1. American Girl
2. Free Bird
3. Assassin

Top 3 flukes
1. LG
2. CMTB
3. Ted Nugent

So glad to be done with my goal and not have that hanging over my head anymore. I'm definitely not done though, but I might take a break and do other stuff, like reduxes, RB and/or Guitar hero Live

Edit to preserve/clean up the OP

Road to 20 2020 FCs
1. Assassin (GHWT) - February 18th
2. No Sleep Till Brooklyn (GHWT) - February 26th
3. You Really Got Me (GHVH) - April 5th
4. Little Guitars (GHVH) - April 11th
5. Evil (GHM) - April 22nd
6. Crazy Train (GHWT) - May 19th
7. All of This (GH1) - May 23rd
8. Romeo Delight (GHVH) - May 29th
9. Electric Eye (GHSH) - June 27th
10. American Girl (GH5) - July 4th
11. Mercyful Fate (GHM) - July 13th
12. Ted Nugent Guitar Duel (GHWT) - August 14th
13. Symphony of Destruction (GH1) - September 17th
14. Frankenstein (GH1) - September 24th
15. Stranglehold (GHWT) - September 26th
16. Creeping Death (GHM) - October 3rd
17. Spanish Fly (GHVH) - October 20th
18. Calling (GHWoR) - October 31st
19. Call Me The Breeze (GHWoR) - November 10th
20. Free Bird (GH2) - November 14th

Rough Personal Remaining FC Breakdown

November 10, 2020
Click for video

Wooow! So this song was always possible but definitely on the Uggh Please No list, because the song is incredibly stressful by being so random and easy to miss anywhere. Well, I decided the only way to make it less random would be to become more familiar with the chart, so I forced myself to try and play it whenever WoR was in. Most of the time, it'd be super unpleasant and nowhere close. I did hit Comp A-C a week or two ago, to my surprise, so I knew I'd have to face it sooner or later.
The worst parts were the Ramblin Man like part of Comp A, hopo three note chords of Comp C, and solo 1. Well, today Solo 1 was the main block, but not even the , I was missing the chords right before lol. Actually it was the only block, for the first run past those chords was the FC! So nervous and thought I'd missed like 12 times, but nope I managed to fluke it and not choke. Definitely glad it came as easily as it did
Now let's hope Free Bird for #20 goes just as smooth!

Also I played RB2 for a day and FCed AWYWI finally, but that's not as interesting =P.

October 31, 2020
Click for video

Nice. This song has been close for a while, so it's nice to finally get it out of the way. Overall pretty quick and painless today, but I had a few one miss/choke runs earlier this year and back in 2012 or so. Played WoR for the first time in a few months, and this song felt pretty good after the first try. I figured out I was making the weird strummy bit in the beginning harder by trying to strum everything (as gallops no less ), but just strumming the two notes for each set worked a lot better. After that it was just a matter of not sucking at burst strumming, which was going surprisingly better that usual. One solo "choke" and one miss at the very end of verse 2, but otherwise probably only 5 or 6 runs past the intro.

Only two songs left! The last two months have been great, I can hardly believe it! Number 19 will probably be a WT song, and I'm saving Free Bird (GH2) for #20. Assuming those won't take too long, so I'm definitely not worried about finishing the goal anymore, especially compared to how I felt in July.

October 20, 2020
Click for video

WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST DO? Okay, so this started as a joke in about May or so, when I randomly got decent at the tapping and got a -10 run. I never fully FCed either of the tapping sections, but I was doing okay outside of it. Fast forward to two weeks ago. After getting a wave of easier FCs I got distracted and wanted to go for my other goal of passing Alexhaz64 in GHVH. Why go for HFT score increases when there's much less points left in SF. Well, eventually I got quite good at tapping outside of the two transitions/ghost note in Tapping 3s, and the beginning of Fly paper. Mr. Scientist helped me develop a good method for tapping 3s, and eventually I was able to hit it with some consistency.
I had an abnormal amount of difficulty with the pretapping sections, honestly. I'd be lucky to FC up to the tapping more than 10% of the time. Today I added two additional tapping techniques to the intro parts, and was finally at least a little better.
About a week ago, I had my first great run. An FC outside of the dreaded ghost green note in tapping 3s. Followed by a lot of frustration with the intro, and a callous forming and ripping on my left index finger, led things to slow down a bit, but I was still able to practice the tapping parts over and over.
Today, I FCed t3s-fly paper for the first time, and I had a feeling it was close. After figuring out the intro methods, I was getting some pretty good runs. Finally FCed past t3s, and then hit the hard part of FP, only to CHOKE in the beginning of the end zigzag. That nearly killed me. But luckily, 15 minutes later... The best thing I'll ever do in this game (at least for a long time)

October 3, 2020
Click for Video

Well this was stressful. Probably the easiest FC I've had left, considering there's not a single section that stands out as difficult. However, there are like 14 sections that are missable and believe me, I missed in all of them. Main riff is annoying. I figured out a more consistent way to hit it today, but before I would have to downstrum some of it and exert myself which made grinding much more tiring and awful. Solo is okay. There's a weird bit in solo B, for some reason I'd miss the RY chord in solo C, the quick part in the zigzags, and then randomly missing in the slider trips.
I FCed past the solo at least 10 times in my grinding today and a few months ago. Mostly missing in the final main riffs , but the end sliders are a pain too. Tapping them seemed like a good idea, but it was hard to activate and also transition into the strumming afterward
, so I ended up anchoring G and one handing the rest, much to my dismay.
Very glad to be done with it and be one song closer to 20 . Probably will want to revisit Overkill soon, so stay tuned.

September 26, 2020
Click for video

Oh wow. Overdue song was overdue, but since it's 8+ minutes, I'm certainly glad to get it out of the way. Unfortunately the score is awful because I mixed up the 5th activation, but I can probably redux it in the future. Managed this in a half hour after practicing solo 3 and the outro (glad I didn't choke again ). Mostly figured out for solo 3 to focus on the strums, maybe go a little late and to not speed up before I need to.
Probably will go for Overkill or PMU next

September 24, 2020
Click for video

Well that wasn't nearly as bad! Still feels pretty good . The solo in this song is definitely way easier since everything is the same speed more or less, and the fretting isn't complex. Once I learned the speed and the number of strums, I got pretty consistent (even hit it on 110% for lols). The main trouble was the trill, but after practicing it and learning the speed it was at least sort of reliable, and being a minute and a half into the song meant it wasn't awful to grind. I ended up tapping the trill, which helped me keep a more steady speed. Finally, I had a day or so where I had no idea how to hit the end strumming. For whatever reason I kept missing pretty early into it. Did some research and discovered that strumming late is usually better on this engine, so I made sure to not start too early.
FCed past the trill about 4 times in all. The first time I FCed past the solo and missed in the second to last sp phrase, and then the other 2 I missed in the solo. Definitely not as painful as the SoD grind.
Probably gonna switch to a new game now after hitting the nice 40 milestone. CotC is probably possible but seems like too much trouble atm. Probably leaning towards WT, M or WoR.

September 17, 2020
Click for video

OH MY GOD. This song was the bane of my existence for the past week and a half or so. After downloading Mr.Scientist's GH1 Practice Disc I started to get a good idea of how to deal with the beginning of the solo. I was pretty good at the rest of it, but I swear each day a different part of the solo would give me trouble in practice. After a few days and a handful of solo FCs, I figured it was worth grinding out the FC, since the song is pretty short and basically free outside of the solo. Let me tell you, doing it in a real run was not as easy . I can't count the number of runs were I FCed past the beginning "speed up" part and missed elsewhere. Probably missed in almost every "section" at some point. I can count the number of 100% overstrums (3) and the number of chokes in the OBY trips at the end (SEVEN). So glad to be done with this song, I (almost )don't even care that I missed a whammy and did the last activation way early and got 2000 less than I should have.
I've kinda fallen behind a bit on my pace for 20 FCs, but after getting a monster like this, hopefully some of these easier songs can fall quickly . I'm definitely gonna try to focus all my attention on one song at a time now, which is getting easier since I've been narrowing down my potential list pretty well.

August 14, 2020
Click for video

Whoo! Another annoying FC out of the way. I've been slacking a bit I guess, it's been just over a month since the last FC. I've been busy working on section FCs and have made some decent progress, but I gotta keep working on my goal or I'll run out of time before I know it .
I've been close to Ted for a while, but I would always miss one or two spots in solo 6*(the hard strumming part). I was getting pretty good at the first half, up to the orange strums and hopos, but the last half is just random and hard. Doesn't help that the DLC practice mode is missing a green hopo, so you can't rely on that. I did manage one reverse choke in solo 4 so I knew I could eventually hit it all. After a few more close runs yesterday, I managed to get it first FC up to solo 6 today! Super unexpected, and I even started to doubt myself by the end of the song lol. Mostly would only miss in solo 1, 4 or 6 naturally, so not too awful. And not having to worry about SP is a plus . I've noticed a majority of my FCs come after switching games, so I think I might head back to GHM for Battery, CD or Whiplash.

July 13, 2020
Click for video

Nice! FC #38/580.
Pretty nice to get an FC I definitely didn't originally consider going for. Having never played it too much and having avoided the grind based on the song length alone, I didn't realize how few difficult parts there actually are. Of course it still wasn't too easy by any means, but I was able to snag it in about 2.5 hours. Pretty much figured out the tapping for CotP pretty quick, and just had to get used to the other sliders and the trill. The main issue was Evil solo 2. The strumming and quick descending parts as well as the end part with the two yellow strums were all missable. Ruined a few FCs in Evil solo 1 also from going too fast I think.
Overall had 4 -1 runs. 1 dumb miss before Evil, 1 SUPER dumb miss after Evil solo 2, one in Evil solo 2 strumming, and one at the end of evil solo 2 with the yellow strums.
Score is kinda meh but I expected that. Definitely better than my first one miss run with no path lol, so I'm glad I looked one up.

Will hopefully grab Creeping Death next (I'll actually work on it this time ) and maybe see how Battery/HTL feel.

July 4, 2020
Click image for Video

About as patriotic as I'll get . This song has been overdue for a long time, and I figured I might as well try and get it on good ol' Murika day. Really, the song isn't that bad at all, even the tapping section. The main problem is it just goes on and on for 350+ notes. Also the green notes in between descending trips are easy to get slidered by. I have a weird tapping method where I don't anchor, but it works for me. Main struggle was transitioning to the tapping. What ended up working best was one handing the first 4 trips or so, and then switching to tapping. Think I had a few -1 runs way back when, and I got at least 2-3 more yesterday too before nabbing the FC.

My method is as follows - straightforward (2)21 (1)21
For - I do (21)1 (21)1. Don't ask why I can't do the same method for both YRG sets, because I couldn't give you an answer.

I also gave each of my other nonFCs a try and wrote down which sections I missed in. Today, I cleaned up those sections in practice to grab the GH5 tech FC . A lot of them I'd probably had before, but it's been a long time, and didn't hurt to be 100% certain. Too be honest, none of these songs are that appealing for the 2020 goal. I can definitely find easier/less awful (re: shorter) songs elsewhere, but I could see the possibility in the future. DWEDFN isn't too bad, but consistency on the intro would be hard .

Finally... Woah, we're halfway there! A few days past the halfway mark of the year, but I'd say I'm definitely on a good pace. As for the last half, I think I kind of want to get 80 WT FCs, so that would be 5 more there. There's work to be done in GH2/80s so at least 3 there. After that, probably GHM or WoR

June 27, 2020
Click image for Video

The year is almost halfway over, so I'd better try and get halfway towards my goal . Decided I hadn't put in Smash Hits in a long time, so it would be good to see what potential songs are left. EE was the obvious contender for easiest, so I worked on it first. I'd been close for a while, and my main issue was from Solo D (the strummy/HOPO bit). Was okay at it and figured I'd just grind it out and hope to fluke it. That was taking too long, so I decided to really try and figure it out in practice mode. Found out that strumming early and hitting the blue hopos faster helped a ton. One solo E "choke", one reverse choke in Solo A, and then I got the FC .

I've been doing pretty well and having fun with reduxing the game too, so I might do some more. Should get back on track for FCs though, since I've been neglecting it a bit. As far as this game is concerned, RaBl and FB are contenders, but they can probably wait until I hit 20. Too many difficult spots in Rabl, and FB is just my nemesis.

May 29, 2020
Click image for Video

Another FC that was bugging me for a while. I originally got close to this after getting LG and YRGM a month ago, but between solo A and the slider note to strum nonsense, I got frustrated and moved on. I've been slowly reduxing the game trying to get a good rank (possibly past Alexhaz64 while he's distracted and before he decides to redux ), and the day before, I randomly gave the solo a go and managed to get the full solo FC rather quick. I think for solo A I figured out that the hopos are fast, but not THAT fast, so focusing on hitting all of the blue strums, pausing for a slight second and then hitting the hopos seemed to help a lot. Solo B was always easier for me once I learned it. The hardest part for me really was starting it/transitioning to tapping. Took a decent number of runs, but I managed to FC past the solo twice in a row.

Except I missed both of those runs in Feel My Heartbeat - The following section. The dreaded slider into green strum glitch, where the last note sometimes registers as a slider, sometimes not. The two best options imo are to try and hit the green early as a slider, or to hit the green late as a strum note. It happens 3 times in the song, and I'd have phases where they'd each give me some trouble. The first one is probably easiest since the notes are faster, so it's easier for me to hit the notes fast and hit the green early. For the second and third, I decided to go the strum route, so once I got comfortable hitting/fretting the greens late (like an hopo squeeze) I was able to get it on my first FC that day. Luckily no outro chokes in the strumming or slider part at the end.

May 23, 2020
Click image for Video

Got this on stream today. Took about 6 runs. FCed to the outro on run 5, played the outro a few times on my GH1 in GH2 practice disk and figured out third position worked best for the trips. Got the FC first try after that. Pretty easy. No big deal...

Except it was a huge deal! I had a ridiculously rough time with that outro. I believe I FCed up to the outro at least 30 times, including two overstrums, one 4 notes from the end. The chords ended up being the easiest part, once I figured out the speed to gallop them, and playing them as instead helped with the transition to and
After that hurdle, the part after the chords wasn't too bad. I mostly just had to pay attention to the beat markers to know which notes would be on downstrums. The quicker descending hopos after that were tricky, but it was usually the case were either the first half of the solo would be good or the faster last half - - miss one, hit the other. And then the outro is just poop. A third speed to try and remember, and for some reason my least consistent. Tried straight strumming. Tried starting on an upstrum (actually helped), tried galloping, tried just strumming the orange and blues, second, third and fourth position. In other words, I tried a lot, and I'm glad to have conquered those 25 notes. I am very happy to have this song done with.

May 19, 2020
Click for video

That's right, I'm going for 20 new FCs this year. There's been a lot of songs I've been close to for so long, and after starting off relatively strong, I decided to make it an official goal. I still have a long way to go, but I do have a decent number of choke/one miss runs I can hopefully fix soon.
Finally grabbed Crazy Train. I've been pretty close for a while. Had a few one misses and a choke back when I got Assassin and NSTB. Took a break and decided to grind it out once again. After a subpar first day back, I fixed my lag settings and was hitting the beginning of the solo much more consistently. Besides the solo, all the little fills would mess me up often enough to cause frustration and lead to more nerves when I'd FC to the solo. After a - 1 highest nonFC score today, I got the FC a few tries later. First act was late causing me probably 800 points at least, but I'm fine with it. No post solo chokes today :D

Might try and fix the other overdue WT songs like stranglehold, SAF and Overkill next.
Stay tuned!

April 22, 2020
Click for video

-insert rimshot- Creeping Death can wait, I have more impressive FCs to get first ! After claiming the five easiest songs left were CD, HTL, MFate, Whiplash and Battery, I decide to go for this instead. Learning the tapping solo was the first step of course. I found a decent method, after realizing the one I tried to make up was awful. Basically just tap every note that's not anchored and not part of the slide quads/trio, if that makes sense. I definitely got more and more consistent each day. After that, it was making sure I don't miss in Solos 1 and 4, and then only a matter of time until I got the FC (which was easier said than done, since I missed in solo 4 WAY more than I'd like to admit).
I'll hopefully be able to snag CD soon, and then I'll decide if I want to try grinding Battery/MFate, see if Whiplash is actually possible or move to a different game. Seems like the two FCs per game has been working out pretty well so far.

April 11, 2020
Little Guitars FC 42/573! Another 3 day adventure. The first day was mostly terrible and thinking the song wasn't worth trying. The second day, I figured out how to count it better and had more success, but still struggled with the chord changes. Today, I tried for about an hour and managed a couple close runs but nothing of note. Then I took a break and tried Romeo Delight and Spanish Fly. After an hour of that, I decided to do one more run of LG and got it!
No video since I figured the one run wouldn't amount to anything, but I'm okay with it.
Lol score is lol but again, getting the FC feels too good to care.

RD is doable, so hopefully that'll come next. HFT is annoying so I'm not sure if I'll put the work into it now, or wait.
I've also done my fair bit of reduxing and increased my scores by 250k or so.
April 5, 2020

YRGM FC #41/572. Why go for the easiest FCs on the breakdown when I can go for the 40 something easiest. This took a total of 3 days. 1 day I had to learn verse 2, aka the hard part. I got somewhat good at it, thanks to Mr. Scientist's method. And then day two I spent a small amount of time developing an excellent method for solo A. And then today I spent the 2.5-3 hours grinding the FC. 4 verse 2 FCs, 4 solo A FCs, in separate runs, and then the 5th time was the FC. No outro chokes, thank goodness.
Click pic for video

February 26, 2020 -
Basically only played one song the last few days. Managed quite a few -1/100% overstrum runs, but I finally got No Sleep Till Brooklyn. Considering the 3 minute wait before anything exciting happens, this is definitely one of the most tedious songs to grind. Luckily, I stuck with it. I originally was just going to record right before the second SP activation, but after a close run, I just decided to record the whole song, and lo and behold.
Might try for Crazy Train next. Maybe Stranglehold, but that will also be annoying to grind

February 18, 2020 -
Been playing a bit of WT recently. I mostly did a few reduxes, and I remembered to unlock everything, you have to do the whole career. So I've been going through the career on hard for lols.
Been talking with the ol' bonkin' awesome club and it got me motivated to try for a new X FC. I have so many songs in this game that I had -1 or chokes on, so I knew I could probably grind one out. Did a few runs of Assassin, and on the third run I missed 3 notes from the end. So I decided to record, and I luckily got it the next try . I overstrummed the end hold, so I could have gotten a few more points, but I was just happy to finally get this FC out of the way

December 3, 2019 -

Bump for 13 Million. In the past month, I increased my score on 24 songs and managed two new FCs. Including the YGATC FC in August, I increased my total score by about 150k. Originally I was thinking the All of This FC would allow me to break the barrier, but I simply cannot that song. Instead, I had a rather good run of Symphony of Destruction (3rd highest non-FC score ), a few small silly reduxes, and a nice run of Decontrol exiting the solo with a 4x that finished the job. Pretty great goal for me to have reached, since I remember being here when the community first reached this milestone. I wasn't super active then, but I was amazed and proud nonetheless.
That being said, I think it's once again time to throw in the towel () & put GH1 aside for now. Next, I might play around with GH2/80s, get some reduxes, maybe an FC or two, but we'll see.

November 29, 2019 -

Wait no, that was a choke 3 notes from the end.

click for video

Finally! This song was a bit overdue. I was getting super consistent except for the ascending trips of doom, which I found I was going too fast, and I should DUD strum each one. And yes, as you see I had a choke 3 notes from the end, about 5 runs before the FC, which at least made me start recording so I could get it on video.

November 19, 2019 -

Wow, I didn't expect this! Glad I got it on video.
I originally wrote this song off as too tough to bother. After playing it again yesterday to at least increase my score, I was getting more consistent with solo 1. Solo 2 (the part) was scary, but I had a few ideas of how to go about it. I ended up hopoing the triplets, and I surprisingly got the FC the first time I comboed that part.

Crossroads and All of this are still being stubborn, but hopefully I can knock at least one of them out soon. I'm also getting close to 13 Million, which I thought would be a great goal, and I will try to at least get there before doing anything else/stop playing for a while.

October 29, 2019 -
After discovering LocalH's GH1++ mod, I decided to fire up the ol' PS2 and play some GH1. After going through the career on 120% for lulz, I decided to use the speed mods to my advantage to try and practice some of the elusive FCs I was capable of but had never managed to get. The game lags a bit on my TV, but as long as I go a bit early, it's certainly not unplayable.
All of This made a little more sense, but still kinda weird. Crossroads seems a lot easier but was being stubborn. And Spanish Castle Magic was still a mess.

Then I decided to play You Got Another Thing Comin'.
About an hour and a half later

FC #35 /179 / 567

After essentially FCing it on 90% first try, I figured it was worth the grind. After maybe 15 minutes on 95%, I figured I was close enough where I could fluke an FC. I was ending the solo with a 3x, so I just had to figure out how to make sure I FC up to that point and know which note to start the faster part on a downstrum.

So yeah, first GH1 FC in almost 10 year

Last edited by JohnnyGrey on Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BonkFace
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO

20 FCs!!! After that painful drought during the summer I was worried you might not make it, but you caught up incredibly quickly, and in such style! You knocked out three of your best FCs ever, and then a handful of long/annoying/overdue FCs, all in less than two months. That is some insane progress right there. Something tells me this won't be the last new FC in 2020, especially considering how quickly these last few songs fell. (Perhaps DYFLWD might not be too long of a grind either? )

This was such an incredible journey to watch and be a part of, and I can't thank you enough for pushing our little group to play again. I think we've all achieved some pretty crazy stuff this year, and it certainly wouldn't have happened without your own 2020 goal to inspire us all to dust off the ol' plastar again. It's been a blast reconnecting with you guys, watching streams again, and feeling that excitement for a new FC (my own or one from anyone in the BAC lol)

I haven't even mentioned the FCs themselves... and yes, that's FCs plural, because I hadn't even gotten around to replying to your CMTB FC when you went ahead and knocked out Freebird as well! Funny how both of these are Lynyrd Skynyrd songs, super long and annoying to grind, and went down in like 30 minutes in their most recent grind sessions. We can only hope the next FC follows the same pattern /looks at Freebird SH

Well, here's looking to the future, whatever it may bring. (even if it ends up being RB... ) Whether you continue your streak of new FCs, work toward 600 overall, play GHL, pass me in GHVH, or hit that 227 million mark, I'll be cheering for you every step of the way. I still think a 21 FCs by the end of 2021 would be pretty neat... you could finally get 17 at 17, and then 21csm at 21!
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
bushidox  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done! At least you can say you got something done in 2020, unlike some of us. Keep up the good work.
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
Voidedlefty  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually try to keep posts on other acc. pages to my main, but damn good job on this, Johnny!

Definitely have to say that Spanish Fly FC was the most out-there, what-the-hell-you-actually-got-that?! FC of the whole bunch.

(I still need to get a stream going, but blaaaaaah...)

GH Accomplishments
RB Accomplishments

FC count: 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 64 of 69

Jump to: